1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Or... it simply took them this long to get it out and rolling after the announcement. If SE was moved by OF bitching we'd have gotten instanced housing already.

There's really no need to blame a phantom audience with every single post you make.
    not usually, but in this case the feature was very specifically in the prelim patch notes and there was an OF Mod post saying they will delay the feature because of feedback.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't mind them freeing up the plots, I do mind them only giving people a month to claim their stuff

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probs in the minority, but it's all fine by me. I don't care if people who don't play don't keep their shit tbh

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I don't mind them freeing up the plots, I do mind them only giving people a month to claim their stuff

That's my thoughts. If people aren't playing they don't need the house. But they shouldn't be punished, especially since it will leave a sour taste in their mouth. They should just store the stuff for a year or forever. Let people return and be excited to still have their stuff.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think it would definitely be cool of them to allow a person's belongings to remain longer/forever, it's just that to me the corollary of that isn't that they're terrible people for not doing so

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    not usually, but in this case the feature was very specifically in the prelim patch notes and there was an OF Mod post saying they will delay the feature because of feedback.
    This. I still say they should have just added it regardless, it's straight to the point but really if people stop playing and wanted to keep a house, it made little sense especially when unlike a mog house, a house truly does nothing for you in FFXIV, outside of RP since given how empty the regions tend to be..people don't even use it as a hangout spot when they still choose to flood Lower Limsa or Goblinshire.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Shit should be demolished if you aren't playing lol.

The 80% gil reclaim + a month ish to reclaim it is pretty stupid. Should be full refund and unlimited.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Considering how long the calamity salvager held onto peoples' 1.0 shit (you might even still be able to pick it up??), there is no reason for that reclaim period.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You can still pick up stuff from 1.0, I still haven't grabbed all my odds and ends. I see absolutely no reason for the limitation '~'

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Am I understanding it correctly that it's the original price paid? So you can just let it go unattended and get 80% of that back lol? My FC spent 260mil on the house originally when it came out, so in the future if anything happens we get 208mil back after 45 days.

I can see this going badly with a shady FC leader locking the house and then not going in it for 45 days for a cash grab.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wouldn't you have to kick everyone out of the FC for that to work? I don't think there's a setting that lets you lock out FC members, only guests.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Wouldn't you have to kick everyone out of the FC for that to work? I don't think there's a setting that lets you lock out FC members, only guests.
    You can lock FC members out, but not if they own a Personal Room.

Housing tab 1 "Estate Access" under Hierarchy Settings

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    That's my thoughts. If people aren't playing they don't need the house. But they shouldn't be punished, especially since it will leave a sour taste in their mouth. They should just store the stuff for a year or forever. Let people return and be excited to still have their stuff.
    What SE has created is less incentive for people to come back who have left for a substantial period of time. If you were among the minority who owned a house, coming back 6 months later to a) no longer having that house and b) losing tons of millions of gil is incentive to not even give a fuck anymore.

As others have said, its one thing to lose the house, but losing 5-100m+ would basically mean im not coming back (not for 5m, but if I had bought a medium house then for sure)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    You can still pick up stuff from 1.0, I still haven't grabbed all my odds and ends. I see absolutely no reason for the limitation '~'
    "Hey, you better pay attention to your sub...make sure you resub because this can happen if you let your sub drop off, just saying guys. Pay attention to that sub."

That's all I can think of. I still have like 3 stacks of tapers and headdresses in my salvager lol, so if they ever become useful then I'll actually pay attention to that..so they most certainly could hold it forever if they wanted to. Just like there's no reason for furniture to be "bound" to you either simply because someone may make a quick buck selling seasonal shit when they get tired of it in their yard.

I feel like I'm back in 2000 with Diablo II B.Net and Blizz wiping characters after so many days. Was stupid then, it's stupid now. Basically, inactive players now have to pay for SE's ineptitude with the housing system and as others have noted, doesn't really help to motivate people to come back if they did lose a lot of resources.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Owner/Fc member is what it stated. Sucks if you locked your house before you quit and someone else going in refreshes it

@seravi don't worry I go peek at the house once every two weeks at most
    I got 2 private smalls though QQ

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

If you don't play, you don't need the house. Simple. There's plenty of active players who don't rush content that could use all of these houses collecting dust.

Shortly after we built our fc house, some player bought a house across from ours. Didn't really do much of anything with it. Still stands vacant, and according to their lodestone, the player hasn't even purchased HW. I'm sure there's tons more like that.

It's a waste to keep these houses around "just because." I agree with you all that SE is pretty slow on pushing out interesting content. Hell, I only plan on logging in this month to do the event. But, this issue needed fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    If you don't play, you don't need the house. Simple. There's plenty of active players who don't rush content

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I feel like I'm back in 2000 with Diablo II B.Net and Blizz wiping characters after so many days. Was stupid then, it's stupid now. Basically, inactive players now have to pay for SE's ineptitude with the housing system and as others have noted, doesn't really help to motivate people to come back if they did lose a lot of resources.
    Why exactly should inactive people who go on 6+ months plus feel the need to hold onto a housing unit/plot? Like Katlan said, it punishes those people. If you are inactive 1-3 months at a time, no big whoop, you can re-up no fear of losing house.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

oh noes guys the fancy gil sink i own is about to disappear but i cant commit 30 seconds a quarter to maintain it