1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

20/10/2015 09:00 Reclamation of Inactive Housing

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...981359611110f0

To ensure that plots of land are not claimed and left unused, estates not accessed for extended periods of time will be automatically demolished, and the plots of land will be put back up for sale.

Estates Subject to Demolishing
    Free company housing that has not been accessed by at least one member within forty-five days.
    Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner within forty-five days.
    Purchased plots of land upon which an estate has not been built within forty-five days.

* The count for days of inactivity will begin on the release of patch 3.1.

Steps Prior to Demolishing

Thirty days of inactivity
    A notification indicating that the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition will appear in the Timers interface in the Duty tab of the Main Menu.

Thirty-five days of inactivity
    An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition.

Forty-two days of inactivity
    An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating that the estate will be demolished automatically in three days.

Forty-five days of inactivity
    The estate will be automatically demolished.

Halting Demolition
    Any free company member or private housing owner entering the estate at any time prior to demolition will cancel the demolition process.

After Demolition
    When an estate has been demolished, or the rights to an empty plot have been relinquished, said plot will be made available for purchase to all players on that World. The price will decrease every six hours from the time at which it is made available for purchase.

Reclaiming Gil and Items
    When an estate has been demolished, gil and certain furnishings will be placed in the care of the resident caretaker for a fixed period of time.

Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker
    80% of the price paid for the estate grounds.
    Indoor and outdoor furnishings that are not destroyed upon removal.

Not Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker
    The construction permit required to build an estate.
    Furnishings destroyed upon removal.
    Housing exteriors.
    Private chambers.
    Company workshops and any registered airships in the workshop.

* Players will have thirty-five days to redeem items from the resident caretaker before they are made irredeemable. Items belonging to a free company estate can only be retrieved by members with the authorization to purchase or relinquish land. Items belonging to a private estate can only be retrieved by the owner.

Well, there goes my sub. Fuck you Yoshi, and Fuck you SE

Ain't gonna keep a sub going continuously when there is shit for content just to keep a house I barely use.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the saddest part about this system is that I know active people who haven't visited their houses in like a month because there's no reason to lol

either way, having something like this while all the good furniture is still destroyed upon removal is absolutely retarded

I mean, I understand the need for such a shitty b system (since devs seem to be retarded/cheap about server space), but 45 days is way too short. Basically strong arming you into staying subbed, even during boring ass/no content periods.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The shit part to me is the 80% gil refund and only having 35 days to claim it. I know I have 2 private estates that won't be visited in the next 80 days so bye money. I don't get why the reclaim period has a time limit. I don't think there are many instances where a person comes back in the period to reclaim their stuff. I've seen a handful of Reddit/OF posts that ask where the Caretaker is upon returning from a long period and not being in their FC / FC demolished, but the time limit to claim was just way over expired.

On the flip side they're making it easier to not really want to come back, and I was just using the houses as a teleport anyways.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The shit part to me is the 80% gil refund and only having 35 days to claim it. I know I have 2 private estates that won't be visited in the next 80 days so bye money. I don't get why the reclaim period has a time limit. I don't think there are many instances where a person comes back in the period to reclaim their stuff. I've seen a handful of Reddit/OF posts that ask where the Caretaker is upon returning from a long period and not being in their FC / FC demolished, but the time limit to claim was just way over expired.
    Yeah, it's outright unfair that you only have 35 days to pick up your gil and items before they disappear forever. I'd be okay with a 1-5% gil penalty per month, but you should always have the option to reclaim your stuff if you come back. Losing your house and then feeling forced to reactivate within the next month if you want to keep the scraps is just a kick in the teeth.

This is probably the only game I can think of where the serious/real content is made for the casuals (look at raid/dungeon/progression design) while the silly/fun content is for the hardcores (housing, mpg).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The silly thing is that I think your chocobo is sent to the caretaker too, if it was in the stable. And it's not like that has a time limit.

I thought it would be 3 months... turns out it's half that lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    I mean, I understand the need for such a shitty b system (since devs seem to be retarded/cheap about server space), but 45 days is way too short. Basically strong arming you into staying subbed, even during boring ass/no content periods.
    To be blunt though - on official forums I suggested they do this and of course got torn apart for, but 7 months later people started crying about not being able to buy a house because people buy up all plots or only leave large plots up for sale and they suggest inactive people not playing should lose their house - of course everyone agreed with them then but I was the bad guy for suggesting it.

If you're not playing, may as well let someone who enjoys doing nothing in XIV have a house. This wouldn't be an issue if yoshi wasn't terrified of the big bad FFXI and used it as a base where we'd have a Mog House (1 or 2 floors) and a personal gathering island where we could raise our own little pet monsters that gives us buffs......

But that would be silly.

Also based on other text that isn't the english version - Inactive status starts at 45 days, then 45 days after it gets demolished, so it is still 90 days. It should have been retroactive but I guess he wanted to scare people into resubbing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    If you're not playing, may as well let someone who enjoys doing nothing in XIV have a house
    There's nothing wrong with this idea. SE's actual implementation of said idea is terrible, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The only issue I can imagine is if someone lost a load of housing items due to an enforced break. I couldn't play the game for 3 months earlier this year, and could have lost everything in my house (if I had anything that is). The housing items+gil refund from the house should be able to be picked up whenever the player returns.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hmm, I wonder if someone ELSE entering your house is enough to keep it alive, or if it has to be the owner...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Owner/Fc member is what it stated. Sucks if you locked your house before you quit and someone else going in refreshes it

@seravi don't worry I go peek at the house once every two weeks at most

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

it's right there:
    Free company housing that has not been accessed by at least one member within forty-five days.
    Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner within forty-five days.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Housing still fucked

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Didn't they remove the system in the first place because people were all up in arms and bitching about a 30 day demo period? The fuck is a +15 day limit gonna do that a 30 day limit wasn't gonna accomplish? I can understand them needing a way to bring houses back into circulation, but after they removed the system from the start you woulda thought it would of at least been 2-3 months

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

they never removed anything, the system didn't exist before now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh I thought it was initially implemented at 30 days and then they immediately backtracked w/in a week of posting the idea. NEVERMIND

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Oh I thought it was initially implemented at 30 days and then they immediately backtracked w/in a week of posting the idea. NEVERMIND
    They were going to add it, but the people who stopped playing the game bitched about the possibility of losing their house while not playing until HW came out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Or... it simply took them this long to get it out and rolling after the announcement. If SE was moved by OF bitching we'd have gotten instanced housing already.

There's really no need to blame a phantom audience with every single post you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast