• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2015-16 NFL Week 7: Literally the worst football play I've ever seen.

Congrats, Colts. You are now as terrible as the Jim Zorn Redskins:

lol

Last week:

M/L: 8-6
    ATS: 5-8-1

Overall:

M/L: 57-34
    ATS: 44-44-3

BYE WEEK: Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Green Bay

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22ND

8:25pm EDT, CBS/NFL Network

Seattle at San Francisco (+6) - I'm not hitting the panic button on the Seahawks yet. They're still a good team, but not the one that has struck fear into the hearts of every visiting team over the last two plus years. Also San Fran is real bad, I don't care if they did just win a game. Seahawks win and cover.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25TH

9:30am EDT, Yahoo

Buffalo v Jacksonville (+5.5) at Wembley Stadium - Hey London, getting excited for more NFL action?

Welp. Bills win and cover.

1:00pm EDT, CBS

Cleveland at St. Louis (-5.5) - Todd Gurley against Cleveland's run defense should be something. Rams win and cover.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City (+2) - This line has been pulled from almost every Vegas book because there's a chance Large Ben is able to play here. But Landry Jones, the four-year starter at Oklahoma, is just the latest in the long line of Sooner quarterbacks to light up the NFL. I think we all know the record books are littered with the names of Josh Heupel and Jason White, not to mention Slingin' Sammy Bradford. Who cares, Le'Veon Bell gon' sting dey ass. Steelers win and cover.

Houston at Miami (-4.5) - One win under Dan Campbell and Miami's back, amirite? Nevermind the fact Tannehill still threw two picks and they played the fucking Titans. Meanwhile Houston's two wins are against Tampa and Jacksonville. Blech. I guess I'll take the Texans in the upset.

NY Jets at New England (-9) - Wow I can't believe we are getting a Jets Patriots Super Bowl in week 7. Patriots win, Jets with the points.

1:00pm EDT, FOX

Tampa Bay at Washington (-3.5) - Jay Gruden, on KC1 and his eight interceptions this season: "Kirk needs to play better...and he will play better." Translation: "I had a world-class athlete at quarterback and my franchise and I completely ruined him." This is the kind of game where Washington lets an inferior opponent hang around all day and then they blow it in the 4th quarter, making for some great Junkies podcasts next week. Buccaneers in the upset.

Atlanta at Tennessee (+4.5) - Atlanta got TNF'd out of a perfect season (but c'mon it wasn't happening anyway) but I still think they and the Pack are the class of the NFC right now. The Titans are probably rolling with Zach Mettenberger, who got to play college ball with Jeremy TRILL, Ol' Dirty Beckham Jr, and Jarvis Landry and still looked mediocre. Oh yeah and Alabama beat them both his years as starter. Falcons win and cover.

New Orleans at Indianapolis (-4.5) - See above. Saints in the upset.

Minnesota at Detroit (+2.5) - So Derock, are you actively rooting against the Vikings now? I'm so confused. They're pretty good, mang. I like this Stefon Diggs kid, a guy who just knows how to run routes and catch the ball where he's supposed to. Detroit tried so damned hard to lose last week, but the Bears out-Bears'd them in the end. I think they go to the Whoopin' Room here. Vikings win and cover.

4:05pm EDT, CBS

Oakland at San Diego (-4) - Is it November yet?

Raiders in the upset.

4:25pm EDT, FOX

Dallas at NY Giants (-3.5) - In chess, the term "castling" is where your king and one of your rooks simultaneously switch relative positions along the back row of the board. In football, the term "Casseling" is where you exchange one shitty quarterback for another. Giants win, Cowboys with the points.

8:30pm EDT, NBC

Philadelphia at Carolina (-3) - Philly's won three of their last four, but don't tell Sam Bradford that, because he barely understands English and he'll just stare back at you with that dopey crosseyed gaze of his. Slingin' Sammy threw three more picks on Monday night, but I wouldn't bench him because they still have Mark fucking Sanchez as their backup. Carolina finally beat a good team but everyone says they still suck. NO RESPECT, CAIL. Panthers win and cover.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 26TH

8:30pm EDT, ESPN

Baltimore at Arizona (-7.5) - So do you think Michigan needs a new special teams coordinator? Cardinals win and cover.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

showing my face now for that embarrassment of a Thursday night game last week. fucking saints

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

anyone remember what happened the last time the eagles played the panthers?

pepperidge farms remembers

Wisenhunt is going to ruin Mariota permanently.

I can see Todd Bowles beating NE. I don't think the Jets are really that good, but I think they can walk away with a win in this first match up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Michigan would have won if they ran the Colts' play.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    So do you think Michigan needs a new special teams coordinator?
    i think u need a new not being rude coordinator

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    i think u need a new not being rude coordinator

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    I don't think the Jets are really that good
    you get funnier with every post!

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    showing my face now for that embarrassment of a Thursday night game last week. fucking saints
    I won't say that the Saints were good. I'll just say that the Falcons were really bad.

Wife was upstairs going to sleep while I was playing Destiny instead of watching the game. Her dad called her during the 3rd quarter to tell her "Hey, this is a pretty good game, you should watch it!" She came downstairs to tell me, I shrugged and said something like "Enh, they'll fuck it up somehow, besides I just started KF".

I don't think she knew how to react to that.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

So, since the Packers and Broncos both have bye weeks, shouldn't Vegas have a line up for their matchup next week?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Wisenhunt is going to ruin Mariota permanently.

I can see Todd Bowles beating NE. I don't think the Jets are really that good, but I think they can walk away with a win in this first match up.
    idk. Some elite defensive players and BMarsh/Decker can get you pretty far with a serviceable QB and running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I won't say that the Saints were good. I'll just say that the Falcons were really bad.

Wife was upstairs going to sleep while I was playing Destiny instead of watching the game. Her dad called her during the 3rd quarter to tell her "Hey, this is a pretty good game, you should watch it!" She came downstairs to tell me, I shrugged and said something like "Enh, they'll fuck it up somehow, besides I just started KF".

I don't think she knew how to react to that.
    It was the typical shoot-yourself-in-the-foot game we always play in the Superdome

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Does anyone remember the last time Joe Webb played the eagles?
    Dec 28th, 2010.

I had Webb as my Flex that game because he was classified as a WR and QB.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    you get funnier with every post!

Edit: @Moss as well.

One thing I noticed about Bowles last year was that he relied A LOT on blitzes and pressure to shut down opposing offenses. This is great, except when a team obviously gameplans against it and has the capability to exploit it. He rarely adjusted to the exploit, whether it be Russel Wilson type QB's out of the pocket or Saints style Draw/Screens or TE Flat routes.

Whether that was Arians being a shitter and not wanting to deviate or Bowles, I don't know, and has yet to be seen considering the Jets have played 5 shitty teams thus far and have a +5 TO differential. If they had a better offense I'd be all in, but outside of running the ball they aren't great. Also consider over half of their turnovers are from the QB position. While this is true of a lot of teams, better teams are closer to 50%, of which you can assume that some of the INT's are due to tipped balls and not straight shit passes.

Any team that can stop the run or exploit shit passes is going to shut the Jets down in the first half. What I'd like to see is if the Jets can manage to adjust in the second half as that's something I've never seen Bowles do as a Coach.

I do like Bowles though, and he's obviously made some good moves to get the Jets into a position that they are competitive. Barring any stupid offseason moves or injuries I think the Rams and the Jets are going to be dangerous teams in the future.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Edit: @Moss as well.

One thing I noticed about Bowles last year was that he relied A LOT on blitzes and pressure to shut down opposing offenses. This is great, except when a team obviously gameplans against it and has the capability to exploit it. He rarely adjusted to the exploit, whether it be Russel Wilson type QB's out of the pocket or Saints style Draw/Screens or TE Flat routes.

Whether that was Arians being a shitter and not wanting to deviate or Bowles, I don't know, and has yet to be seen considering the Jets have played 5 shitty teams thus far and have a +5 TO differential. If they had a better offense I'd be all in, but outside of running the ball they aren't great. Also consider over half of their turnovers are from the QB position. While this is true of a lot of teams, better teams are closer to 50%, of which you can assume that some of the INT's are due to tipped balls and not straight shit passes.

Any team that can stop the run or exploit shit passes is going to shut the Jets down in the first half. What I'd like to see is if the Jets can manage to adjust in the second half as that's something I've never seen Bowles do as a Coach.

I do like Bowles though, and he's obviously made some good moves to get the Jets into a position that they are competitive. Barring any stupid offseason moves or injuries I think the Rams and the Jets are going to be dangerous teams in the future.
    Bowles is historically very blitz-heavy but it is again a viable strategy since he has great players he can rely on to hold up in the secondary. You've seen his coaching way more than I have so not going to argue his merits as a coach. I think it's pretty clear they are a dangerous team though, if not a true contender because of Fitzmagic

Yeah like I said, the not adjusting or god-complex is a feature of Bruce Arians so that shit could have just been a result of the head coach and not Bowles.

Granted, last year Bowles defense was the only reason AZ stayed in contention with their only 'bad' game being against Denver. After the St. Louis game teams had to just shut down the offense to win, which wasn't hard with 2nd/3rd/4th string QB's at the helm. Even their loss to Seattle where Seattle put up 30+ had a lot to do with offensive turnovers rather than the defense being awful. This is a lot of the reason that he and Dan Quinn got head coaching spots. There was no reason the Cardinals should have made the playoffs last year with Palmer being out, yet they continued to win games and did.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The Arians criticism is interesting since I only ever hear the highest of praise for him from the lamestream media

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Jets are prob the best 2nd half team in the league

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Jets are prob the best 2nd half team in the league
    Don't the Falcons have like...5 4th-quarter-game-winning comebacks this season?

I mean, I guess it depends on if you're combining comebacks with defending existing leads, etc.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

correct, the jets do not need your measly 4th quarter comebacks because they stay winning

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    The Arians criticism is interesting since I only ever hear the highest of praise for him from the lamestream media
    He's a successful head coach in a program that hasn't been successful sans one year since I've been alive. (Also discounting Jake "The Snake" Plummer's 9-7 season where they somehow beat the Cowboys in the playoffs for their first playoff win since like the 50's) It's not surprising that he gets praise because it's a good story.

I just watch the games and see the kinds of mistakes he makes and can only attribute them to one thing - god complex.

Even Palmers late game INT into double coverage against the Steelers, you could say "Oh, he made a mistake" but I've seen that exact play into double coverage more than once. I don't think Palmer is that bad, but I do think Arians forces him to make a play to his first read A LOT.

Combine that with terrible 3rd and long calls in an offense that is built to dominate the passing game and you can begin to understand my personal frustration with him as a coach. He thinks he's too clever to be wrong and it kills a lot of Cardinals drives.

That said, I saw some amazing plays last week that I would have loved to see more of, especially the weak side WR Screens and the weak side/opposite motion WR screens. You don't see that a lot and against the right defensive formation those are dangerous.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast