1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

the one you think is the artisan gown looks more like a cape on top of a much more form fitting shirt to me

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That is one terrible angle on the ninja gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Hurray! More plain clothes tanking gear like the Holy Rainbow Shirt of Unbuttoned Fending. I'm so fucking excite to dress like a gorram dandy! Oh who am I kidding? This shit is going to be out-dated before it's even released. I'm calling i180 sidegrade on this stuff.

The dungeons at least sound interesting though.
    When has dungeon gear, post launch/expansion, NOT been out-dated upon release? They aren't gonna make dungeon gear be the same ilv as eso, CT2.0, Alex NM/S otherwise it would defeat the purpose for needed to run them and XIV loves dem grinds.

180 makes sense though since current dungeons are 160 > law 170 > new dungeons 180. Though 170 entry is a bit high for it dropping 180 gear, I just don't see them making this the same lv as alex NM because alex NM wont exist anymore..... not that I have bothered doing anything in Alex NM for the past 2 months anyways after I geared up my 2nd job in there

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    OP states entry lvl being 170, which if accurate means that SE is bucking the trend, and this stuff will likely be a bit higher. After all, we've had long enough to farm ex dungeons, Law, Esoterics and Alex normal to get a decent ilvl. And it fills me with hope that SE may buck other trends and give Void Ark i210 drops, y'know, something actually worthwhile.
    Void Ark ain't gonna be 210 when its entry is 175

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    When has dungeon gear, post launch/expansion, NOT been out-dated upon release? They aren't gonna make dungeon gear be the same ilv as eso, CT2.0, Alex NM/S otherwise it would defeat the purpose for needed to run them and XIV loves dem grinds
    While true..there's been a 5 month lull since 3.0 launched and pretty much everyone except for the 45 minutes a week casuals are to the point SE should know better than keep to "tradition" and make appropriate changes to this cycle since if the ilvl doesn't jump in 3.1, pretty much everything in 3.1 is obsolete on release with the exception of sky exploring giving aetherial 210 lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That is one terrible angle on the ninja gear.
    It shows the most important part of the gear.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    It shows the most important part of the gear.
    The nearly featureless back cape? I'd rather know what the front looks like.

Also, I can't see any headgear on that set (or the one next to it).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The nearly featureless back cape? I'd rather know what the front looks like.

Also, I can't see any headgear on that set (or the one next to it).
    NIN, MNK, BRD/MCH ("leather") are all the same skin just recolored. DRG/Tanks are the same ("plate") and Casters/Healers ("cloth").

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post

Void Ark ain't gonna be 210 when its entry is 175
    Labyrinth entry was 50 and dropped ilvl 80.

St entry was 70 and item was 100.

WoD was 90 with 120 drops.

So lets do the math.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

cape?
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Labyrinth entry was 50 and dropped ilvl 80.

St entry was 70 and item was 100.

WoD was 90 with 120 drops.

So lets do the math.
    WP/AK normal are i45 to enter and drop i60 gear.
    Pharos Sirius (normal)/CM Hard/HM Hard are i48 to enter and still drop i60 gear.
    Fractal/Neverreap are i145 to enter and drop i160 gear.
    So what does this tell us about Saint Mocianne's/Pharos Hard (i170 to enter) gear? That it will be i182? Or that it will be i160 just like the previous set of dungeons?

I wouldn't lean too hard on the math of previous ilvls.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    While true..there's been a 5 month lull since 3.0 launched and pretty much everyone except for the 45 minutes a week casuals are to the point SE should know better than keep to "tradition" and make appropriate changes to this cycle since if the ilvl doesn't jump in 3.1, pretty much everything in 3.1 is obsolete on release with the exception of sky exploring giving aetherial 210 lol.
    Oh i don't disagree at all, game is in an awful state since the xpac has been released. But I don't have enough faith in SE to change tradition because they have clearly gone in the direction of the F2P grind in that they think the only way people will keep paying is if there is a crazy grind attached. So removing Alex NM from casuals circulation this early (since lets face it - people ain't gonna run that shit for glamours) is removing one layer of the grind before they can replace it with Alex 2.0

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

DEAR SE,

ALMOST EVERY FUCKING ENDGAME TANK SET SINCE THE ORIGINAL ALLAGAN HAS HAD A BUTTCAPE. FUCKING STOP IT.

SINCERELY,
    ME

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Finally, some more FFXIV original mob models for a change.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    WP/AK normal are i45 to enter and drop i60 gear.
    Pharos Sirius (normal)/CM Hard/HM Hard are i48 to enter and still drop i60 gear.
    Fractal/Neverreap are i145 to enter and drop i160 gear.
    So what does this tell us about Saint Mocianne's/Pharos Hard (i170 to enter) gear? That it will be i182? Or that it will be i160 just like the previous set of dungeons?

I wouldn't lean too hard on the math of previous ilvls.

1: Your example is terrible since you are not only referencing something completely different, but dungeons have yet to be constant like raids.

2: yes I do believe they will be 180.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Consistently, Alliance raids have been 10-15 levels under the max Ilvl. So unless they DO actually deviate from pattern..Voidark will be 200-205 at best, if it's 210 and savage alexander isn't boosted to 220, there's a bit of a problem considering sky exploration drops up to i210 as well...

Aetherial at that. Only reason WoD was i90 was because that was essentially the ilvl of 2.x where everyone would be at a bare minimum. It's been 5 months since HW launched, everyone should be well beyond ilvl175 unless you did nothing for 5 months lol.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Dungeons look interesting enough, but armor is meh. I already have a top-hat, thanks.

BG Level

That is exactly what I was getting at. As for dungeons this is an honest question, not me trying to be a smart ass. How many end game point farming dungeons have dropped gear that is under the I level it takes to enter. I just don't see it being so low as suggested. Getting 160 from a 170 dungeon like Dan said just seems.... stupid?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Consistently, Alliance raids have been 10-15 levels under the max Ilvl. So unless they DO actually deviate from pattern..Voidark will be 200-205 at best, if it's 210 and savage alexander isn't boosted to 220, there's a bit of a problem considering sky exploration drops up to i210 as well...

Aetherial at that. Only reason WoD was i90 was because that was essentially the ilvl of 2.x where everyone would be at a bare minimum. It's been 5 months since HW launched, everyone should be well beyond ilvl175 unless you did nothing for 5 months lol.
    WoD was i120 so... huh?

I actually wouldn't mind if Void Ark managed to be 210 or at least upgradeable 200. The game needs multiple events that drop similar ilvl gear so shit isn't dead on arrival or becomes obsolete quickly. Course, they could use some more stats to work with or set bonuses too.

Edit: Nvm, you were talking about entry requirements, derp.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Your example is terrible since you are not only referencing something completely different, but dungeons have yet to be constant like raids.
    Your cited sample size is 3. I think it's fair to compare it to other content, and in such a comparison it seems likely that that 2.x pattern may not continue.

How many end game point farming dungeons have dropped gear that is under the I level it takes to enter. I just don't see it being so low as suggested. Getting 160 from a 170 dungeon like Dan said just seems.... stupid?
    None, which is the point. I also think new dungeons will drop i180 gear, but if we're looking at previous dungeon precedents (at least one of which has to be wrong because they conflict), it should either be i160 (which is absurd) or i182 (which seems unlikely).

Black Belt
    BG Level

i160 is absurd because the current Expert dungeons already drop i160, but why do you pretend like i170 is not a thing?

the precedent you want to be looking at is that every tier of experts they release, the loot goes up 10 iLv from the previous tier.

2.2 - i70
    2.3 - i80
    2.4 - i90
    2.5 - i100

granted i180 is likely also because the iLv gaps in 3.x are bigger than 2.x but i wouldn't count out i170.

in 3.2 when the iLv goes up, the first set of dungeons might straight up drop the upgraded Law gear, like how they put i90 myth gear into dungeons.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    i160 is absurd because the current Expert dungeons already drop i160, but why do you pretend like i170 is not a thing?

the precedent you want to be looking at is that every tier of experts they release, the loot goes up 10 iLv from the previous tier.

2.2 - i70
    2.3 - i80
    2.4 - i90
    2.5 - i100

granted i180 is likely also because the iLv gaps in 3.x are bigger than 2.x but i wouldn't count out i170.

in 3.2 when the iLv goes up, the first set of dungeons might straight up drop the upgraded Law gear, like how they put i90 myth gear into dungeons.
    Because the entry requirement is i170, it's unlikely to drop gear of that level