1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, the gear has to be i175 minimum since it would provide an alternate gearing path to get into Void Arc. Law gear is already so brainless to get that having it be a i170 sidegrade is a total waste. I say it's going to be i180 because upgraded Law gear is already that, but I can accept i175 because it would provide a stepping stone to i180 for some players who are way behind.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001223.html

Love that they used the Jailer of Fortitude design for Pharos Sirius (Hard).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I guess the initial version of the dungeon was quite difficult because Yoshi-P was getting heated telling the team that this shouldn't be a 4-person raid! However, the dungeon underwent some adjustments afterwards, and ultimately it was balanced just right to be fun.
    : )

are you ready to have fun, BG?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I guess the initial version of the dungeon was quite difficult because Yoshi-P was getting heated telling the team that this shouldn't be a 4-person raid! However, the dungeon underwent some adjustments afterwards, and ultimately it was balanced just right to be fun.
    Inb4 second round of rebalancing after release

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a date for the patch yet? I've really been out of the loop with FFXIV stuff.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Is there a date for the patch yet? I've really been out of the loop with FFXIV stuff.
    prob announced sunday; think they said first week of november tho

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001223.html

Love that they used the Jailer of Fortitude design for Pharos Sirius (Hard).
    Sweet, but unfortunately it looks like he'll be a pussy. I'll accept the boss fight if he alternates between that and his spider form.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    : )

are you ready to have fun, BG?
    I cried when I read that. PLZ DIFFICULTY KTHX

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ugh, we are long overdue for another AK and Titan gating bads.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Ugh, we are long overdue for another AK and Titan gating bads.
    Just waiting for people to start crying when first stage of the new relic quests require wins from Bismarck EX and Ravana EX for completion. The same way old relics needed Garuda/Ifrit/Titan HM, lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Won't be the same unfortunately since those are due to get Echo'd in 3.1.

I would enjoy a new blatant cockblock though, but it'd just bring back people flooding the PF selling clears, which I find more annoying in the long run.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I do want challenging dungeons but the idea of having to wait hours to clear Expert in case I keep getting the wrong dungeon (because we all know people will quit if they get the hard one like they did with Pharos) isn't exactly thrilling.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I do want challenging dungeons but the idea of having to wait hours to clear Expert in case I keep getting the wrong dungeon (because we all know people will quit if they get the hard one like they did with Pharos) isn't exactly thrilling.
    I have never felt any dungeon was worth quitting unless the group actually breaks. AV, Pharos, Dzemael... honestly, it's just another dungeon to me. They really aren't much different than any other dungeon in my opinion.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    After having that shit happen so many times in 2.1, I sorta wish SE would just make it so if you drop party within the first ten minutes of the dungeon (or just drop period), you lose out on your bonus for the day. I know it won't solve it completely, since you'll just get shitters that will either beg for a kick or do nothing to try and circumvent the loss.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

If leaving a dungeon was penalized more than it is now, I don't know what I would do on the rare occasions that I do feel the need to drop. It's not fair to make someone who doesn't suck suffer for hours through a dungeon with 2 - 3 shitty players that should only take a half hour. The dungeons take a fair chunk of time even under ideal conditions and they're all extremely repetitive, so you wanna be able to get out asap. No way I want to give up my bonus, the only reason I'm doing it in the first place, just to avoid wasting time with bullshit players. I don't mind if I have to do the same dungeon over and over for ex if people are scared of one (once you've done them all enough they're all the same), I just wanna get whichever dungeon is chosen done quick.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It would be nice if they stepped outside the box more with trash/boss monsters in these new dungeons. They already took a small step outside the box when they created diresaurs. All of their moves are completely avoidable even though they don't use cast bars or red areas. The only way to know when they are going to use them is by watching their animations and running behind them at the right time. I thought that was pretty cool when I first realized what they did there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    If leaving a dungeon was penalized more than it is now, I don't know what I would do on the rare occasions that I do feel the need to drop. It's not fair to make someone who doesn't suck suffer for hours through a dungeon with 2 - 3 shitty players that should only take a half hour. The dungeons take a fair chunk of time even under ideal conditions and they're all extremely repetitive, so you wanna be able to get out asap. No way I want to give up my bonus, the only reason I'm doing it in the first place, just to avoid wasting time with bullshit players. I don't mind if I have to do the same dungeon over and over for ex if people are scared of one (once you've done them all enough they're all the same), I just wanna get whichever dungeon is chosen done quick.
    Probably punishing for dropping the dungeon no matter how long you've been in is too harsh which is why I mentioned an initial time limit of 10 mins but people that bail immediately are just as shit for wasting people's time (queue times ain't short for certain jobs). Granted, this issue is more of a problem in other roulettes like leveling but if one of the dungeons ends up with the same stigma as original Pharos it'll be just as annoying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With everyone's iLv hanging around i200 and Yoshi-p's crew wearing i170-i180 (I'll assume i170) I have a feeling if the dungeons are 'fun' at i170 then they'll be kind of faceroll at i200.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Plot twist: it's all savage gear glamoured as law gear.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    It would be nice if they stepped outside the box more with trash/boss monsters in these new dungeons. They already took a small step outside the box when they created diresaurs. All of their moves are completely avoidable even though they don't use cast bars or red areas. The only way to know when they are going to use them is by watching their animations and running behind them at the right time. I thought that was pretty cool when I first realized what they did there.
    Yoshida promised more of that in the future. The whole diresaurs thing. Trash is still mostly useless and it starts to *feel* useless when you've run through the same packs over and over and over again.

I thought maybe an NM popping every so often could liven up the runs with some unique loot to make your 80th run through Neverreap actually feel like something other than mindless faceroll. Like something Hunt-esque with unique behavior. Or a random benefit / detriment system determined when you start the run. Bonuses for dealing with the added headaches or simply a smoother run if everything comes pre-enfeebled.

Or some champion packs. Something.