1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Most of us bitch because we care where the game is going. I'm sure there is a small subset of people who have already quit and given up entirely and are bitching just to be assholes. But I'm also sure that most of the complainers want Yoshi and the devs to keep pushing to be better. We want it to be more fun for everyone. If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother.

Regardless of the bitching, everyone who's still playing the game is playing for their own reasons - in my case, a combination of masochism, blind optimism, and addiction. Flaws, yes, but there definitely are many things I still enjoy about the game and when I find them I do post about it, like the recent Halloween event which was both cute and had some great seasonal rewards. The game itself has a lot of flaws, a ton of things it could be doing better, and as little hope as there is that things will change even after so many patches of SSDD (same shit different day), hope is a very difficult thing to let go of. I have a lot of time invested into this game. I have friends who play, and I do enjoy the content that is fun to play. I desperately want the game to be better than it is, and better than how it's looking like it's going to be for the next few patch cycles at least. I want to log in every day expecting to have fun.

I agree that the complaining and criticism gets to be much too excessive at times, even on BG, and I'm one of the people who bitches the loudest. However, I strongly believe that if we don't complain about what we find wrong with the game, the people in charge of the game will never know what's wrong with it or what needs to be fixed to enhance players' enjoyment. It's a form of feedback. The more people complain about a specific thing, the more likely they will at least see that people are discontent with it, even if they take no steps to fix it. Complaining serves a very important role, and let's be reasonable here: SE has never traditionally accepted feedback in any other form. Even with Yoshi's "new policies" on listening to the community, you will notice there is no "Game feedback & suggestions" subforum on the OF. Even if you want to consider the entire OF as a feedback platform, the lack of that specific subforum is extremely conspicuous for a game whose producer claims he is listening to the community's feedback. Honestly, my own complaints are 20% venting and 80% feedback in hopes that things will change. And I do try not to complain about completely unreasonable things. I'm glad we're getting airship adventures instead of a third dungeon. I would never complain about that.

Unfortunately, it seems then that it's just a big circle: the people who dislike the complaining accepting the game more or less as it is and wishing we would complain less, and the complainers wishing the game was better and complaining more. I know constant criticism is an eyesore for people who find it excessive, but then it shows we value criticism and complaining differently and view it all a bit differently from each other. I am honestly happy for people who can play the game either oblivious to or ignoring its major flaws and don't ever feel the need to rant about it. But I think that is (pretty obviously) the small minority.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I get tired of all the bitching too but even I'm bored at the moment. My main focus as a mid core player has been working on crafting. So I'm sitting here with all crafters & gatherers at 60, with my Master books done but not wanting to jump into red scrip crafting right now. Gatherers have been 60 for months and whilst I've gotten my books for botanist and a few red scrips, that and esos aren't enough to keep me going. I'm hoping the new airship stuff is as fun as it looks.

Thing is, people already know this shit. Complaining about things people are aware of constantly isn't endearing or helpful. And like Stef said, people complain about the dumbest shit and contradict themselves like crazy.

Who needs that?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    Why can't dungeons be challenging, vast, and varied? Why can we not have less piecemeal content that is obsolete by the next content patch and more meaningful long lasting content?
    because of Pharos Sirius and Steps of Faith.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    Yeah - Since "the population that matters" according to OF and some relic forums like Zam apparently hate the concept of: "Hey..maybe I shouldn't suck and actually learn how to play." And instead would cry for nerfs or to get rid of raiding rather than cry for better rewards to match the challenge.

Can't wait for people to auto disband from flower town dungeon because pharos "hard" will likely be the quicker and easier one.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah - Since "the population that matters" according to OF and some relic forums like Zam apparently hate the concept of: "Hey..maybe I shouldn't suck and actually learn how to play." And instead would cry for nerfs or to get rid of raiding rather than cry for better rewards to match the challenge.

Can't wait for people to auto disband from flower town dungeon because pharos "hard" will likely be the quicker and easier one.

Its the mixing of players that makes forces them to make dungeons faceroll content.

Good players found Pharos (n) fun and not hard. Bad players couldn't complete it. Good players got frustrated when mixed with bad players.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    Don't forget to add 2.0 Ifrit Hard without a caster or PLD.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    rather than cry for better rewards to match the challenge.
    are you really that dumb? what kind of better rewards can people ask for from 4 man content that you think the devs will actually listen to?

Yoshida: There were too many mechanics incorporated that made it tough. We sorted through it all and left only what was necessary.

Personally, I think you should release the raid version of St. Mocianne's Arboretum as a "savage" mode.

Yoshida: It might be fun to play, but that we might have a difficult problem with the rewards. Either way, it was four person content.
    it's not a secret, he knows.

until they revamp the whole item reward structure it's pointless to cry for better rewards.

maybe in 3.2 when they do the materia thing to all the gear you can have "Hard" 4 man dungeons that drop Tier V materia or something.