1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Nah, the meat of 3.1 is Lord of Verminion, gotta keep them 31 minutes a week players happy.

But yes it was pushed back to 3.15.

Also materia skyrocketed.

And minions.
    Never cared for minigames. Fuck minigames. Oh well, sub expires on the 12th of Nov, good riddance xD Gonna be hard to come back after this, with the reclamatino system in place and all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its kinda sad SE didn't truely capitalize on the momentum coming out of Heavensward. The wait for and the content in 3.1 kinda sucked alot of energy out of the game. People tend to act like the sky is falling every patch but I'm gonna try to look on the brightside. With all the other games out this fall and the shit dropping exact same day as patch, FF XIV was gonna have a hard time competing for peoples attention anyway so why not have a weaker patch now I guess \( -__-)/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

No word on tank/PLD updates??

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What's this?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3389643

FINAL FANTASY XI Collaboration Event
    Around Wednesday, November 11th, around the time when Final Fantasy XI is receiving their grand finale, we’re planning to hold a collaboration event. It isn’t similar to the event we have done previously, this new event was created to match the scale of the grand finale, so please look forward to it!
    Incoming "FFXI player discounts for FFXIV"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

did i misread something? why is the new melding change bad for tanks? they did say they were going to increase base stats anyway, so in the end it's just easier to make what you want, isn't it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

hmm nevermind, forgot about it being two primary stats

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Dam I was asleep didn't get any 10k crit or det materia, its all 200k+ now. Going to be expensive to fully optimize your gear now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did they say for sure that esoterics and raid gear could be overmelded/forbidden melded? I always thought that material melding on raid gear would be a good idea as a way to tweak stats to your liking with the caveat that there would only be guaranteed slots and not overmelding. If overmelding is possible on BiS gear, the market will price a lot of people out of contention for decent melds even with the guaranteed slots.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Did they say for sure that esoterics and raid gear could be overmelded/forbidden melded? I always thought that material melding on raid gear would be a good idea as a way to tweak stats to your liking with the caveat that there would only be guaranteed slots and not overmelding. If overmelding is possible on BiS gear, the market will price a lot of people out of contention for decent melds even with the guaranteed slots.
    Coming in 3.2 iirc from the letter/slide; so it'll prob be available for the gear introduced then and later

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Coming in 3.2 iirc from the letter/slide
    Yeah it just says players will be able to affix materia to raid and tomestone gear from 3.2 on and it makes sense that they would do it with the next IL upgrade. I'm just wondering if it was stated explicitly whether overmelding past whatever guaranteed slots are on the gear would or wouldn't be possible. Actually, it would be a nice system if you had to do something raid-related to unlock materia slots on the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    so it'll prob be available for the gear introduced then and later
    Ninja! Yeah, I guess I'm expecting too much detail for now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They didn't say one way or the other if you could overmeld raid/tome gear.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

my eyes glazed over that you were specifically asking about melding past guaranteed slots, my bad

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Is there a collection of all the slides or a point-form summary somewhere?

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Is there a collection of all the slides or a point-form summary somewhere?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XDRxjDt3YI/pub

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

"Yoshi-P himself recommends not to go back and get Zeta and to instead just do the Anima Weapons themselves"

Good to know I wasted my time. Here I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they'd go the XI route and keep the zetas going. Nope, it's an outdated glamour now!

The XI collab event is probably the only thing keeping me from unsubbing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Dam I was asleep didn't get any 10k crit or det materia, its all 200k+ now. Going to be expensive to fully optimize your gear now.
    Seems like Hypersion doesnt give two fuks about this update, checked a bit ago and the savage materias were still at 20k each.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Exploration sounds fun at first, but the fact he already mentioned he is going to nerf the time restriction in the live letter gives me no hope. Also basically seems like it's gonna be the next iteration of hunts so that will get old fast and the novelty wears off.

While end game gear should of been meldable from the start. Not super excited about them added it for the first time for more difficult savage since it's basically gonna mean the dps checks get even higher. Also no mention of a savage nerf A3S/A4S is really surprising to me and dissapointing.

Otherwise patch sounds like standard fare and nothing to get me super excited over. No real red script nerf across the board is very dissapointing since not a single person likes them. Dunno, nothing got me excited aside the exploration giant mobs, but that didn't last long since it's hunts 3.0

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So there is a 2 hour lock out on islands? Did I read that right?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    So there is a 2 hour lock out on islands? Did I read that right?
    2hr lockout on exploration that begins when you enter, and a 90min timer inside. so if you use all available ninety minutes you end up with a 30min lockout. but yeah, 2hr from entry. (and 20 min to reuse the airship for another group to come, though FCs can have multiple airships etc.)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If 3.2's going to change the melding rules then I hope to god they improve the melding interface so I don't have to keep manually selecting the piece of gear -> piece of materia on every failed attempt, and having to be on a specific DoH job to do it.

OF is going to be fun times now that SE's further branching over into cash-shopping vanity territory. Next up, Mogstation housing ward.
    No need for that, they can already make a good chunk of money from people who like their house and will pay their virtual mortgage... err subscription fee to keep the house with the new house activity rules in place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast