1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah it'll probably be i200 but he stated that it'll be "extreme" and not "hard mode"...so the clusterfuck aside, itll probably be the alternate weapon much like Leviathan's were the alternate path..if you could up grade it and didn't bother with relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    He says a lot of things.
    This. He's also the one who said he didn't expect people to get through Alex Savage before next update..so he expected us on AS for at least 3 months.

And that weapon wont help much unless it allows you to skip phases because main A3S issue is mechanic handling with some people.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah it'll probably be i200 but he stated that it'll be "extreme" and not "hard mode"...so the clusterfuck aside, itll probably be the alternate weapon much like Leviathan's were the alternate path..if you could up grade it and didn't bother with relics.

This. He's also the one who said he didn't expect people to get through Alex Savage before next update..so he expected us on AS for at least 3 months.

And that weapon wont help much unless it allows you to skip phases because main A3S issue is mechanic handling with some people.
    Source?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It seems we'll witness the Warrior of Darkness being capable of soloing Ravana on his appearance!

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    I saw that before but I didn't feel like it warranted doom and gloom about STR tanking being dead. On the other hand this tidbit that got posted is pretty worrying:
    Many of those attempting instanced raids in the early stages tend to use advanced materia melding on accessories, which lead to tanks being required to meld STR or VIT. Due to this there were times where the melded accessories were better than the accessories which dropped from clearing the instance. In order to resolve this issue, in Patch 3.2 we will be making adjustments that will change the damage calculations of tanks into a more appropriate state.

As an overall plan moving forward, we will be making adjustments so that a burden is not placed on any particular role in order to challenge a high-difficulty raid.
    This sounds like they're planning on nerfing tank damage in 3.2 and is pretty bullshit.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    I saw that before but I didn't feel like it warranted doom and gloom about STR tanking being dead. On the other hand this tidbit that got posted is pretty worrying:

This sounds like they're planning on nerfing tank damage in 3.2 and is pretty bullshit.
    I read it the other way around. They're going to increase tank damage to make up for removing pentamelds.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I read it the other way around. They're going to increase tank damage to make up for removing pentamelds.
    They certainly worded that to be vague enough that it can be taken both ways. I really don't want to play a guessing game for the next 3-4 months trying to figure out what they're going to do.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    They won't do it. They talk the talk... but in the end they are addicted. 95% of the human race just needs to find something.... anything.... to bitch about.
    Can I stroke myself off because I've been desubbed since a month after Heavensward? *adjusts gold star* Seems the cycle of sub one month, sample the new content and then peace out continues to be the ideal path. I really did want one of those flying snakes though. But that'll be locked behind months of daillies. *pout*

The only thing in this game worth 'obsessing' over is the music, which regardless of patch continues to deliver. 'dat remix of the Thordan theme...

That Brontosaurus looked pretty bitchin' though. I saw an XI Naakual (Tchakka!) in Void Ark. Mom Bomb is back in Sirius Bsns II. Lord of Verminion will be a distraction unless its packed with rewards.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

That feel when crafted jewelry was the main thing I was looking forward to in 3.1

Airship content sounded awful from the mrhappy translation (area gets filled with up to 9 queued parties) which on top of the point system made it sound like it's meant to be small-scale, queueable Hunts. Did they say anything else about the system?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Seems like Hypersion doesnt give two fuks about this update, checked a bit ago and the savage materias were still at 20k each.
    Or they just read the part where that slide only deals with 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    They certainly worded that to be vague enough that it can be taken both ways.
    Yea it's pretty much anyone's guess.

When I read it I thought maybe they were going to adjust tank stats and make VIT add a lesser amount of attack power for tanks or something.

That's the sort of thing that came to mind when they mentioned "damage calculations" in particular.

I can't think of much else they could change that wouldn't effect everyone else as well, they'd have to either change STR values on tank gear or adjust attack potencies for tank skills.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Can I stroke myself off because I've been desubbed since a month after Heavensward? *adjusts gold star* Seems the cycle of sub one month, sample the new content and then peace out continues to be the ideal path. I really did want one of those flying snakes though. But that'll be locked behind months of daillies. *pout*

The only thing in this game worth 'obsessing' over is the music, which regardless of patch continues to deliver. 'dat remix of the Thordan theme...

That Brontosaurus looked pretty bitchin' though. I saw an XI Naakual (Tchakka!) in Void Ark. Mom Bomb is back in Sirius Bsns II. Lord of Verminion will be a distraction unless its packed with rewards.
    I'll stroke with you, but i lost my gold star. Desubbed some time ago. The talk about an XI collaboration event sounds cool, but not enough to spend money. Or reinstall XIV as I've already uninstalled it for space... But, I like to keep up with the direction the game goes. It would be silly to dismiss it entirely because it sucks now(for me).

For instance, I like that they're adding melds to endgame gear, I mean it might just be a gil sink instead of an option since there will probably be only 1 real choice for what to meld since secondaries are.... well, crap. but its a good step and I like it. Lord of Verminion is a real nice little touch, I've enjoyed side-activities in games when they're well planned so I like that idea. Airships are shaping up not to be a disappointment which frankly I'm surprised of, but happy.

Games still the same exact patch formula though so theres no itch to resub, but I like to see where its going and these live letters are a great insight into this. One day I hope the stats on the gear are what we're excited for not its fabulous glamour purposes but thats unlikely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They certainly worded that to be vague enough that it can be taken both ways. I really don't want to play a guessing game for the next 3-4 months trying to figure out what they're going to do.
    I took it as them increasing tank dmg. Unless they completely retool threat in the process due to lowering tank dmg across the board, which I doubt they would do

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Vague is as vague does. When I saw it I thought it ment vit was gonna factor into tank damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ussion/cwcc04d

This reddit says Yoshi-P said (with a timestamp) overmelds can't be done with raid gear in 3.2.

I'm actually kind of ok with this. I hate overmelds, like really hate hate hate hate hate overmelds.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So, no PLD update?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    So, no PLD update?
    Probably have to wait for patch notes.

Just pray it's more than an emnity boost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

was there supposed to be something for 3.1?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    also idk if you saw but the official translation confirms minfilia hairstyle/outfit is mog station LOL
    Am I missing something here? Her hairstyle is already in the game and has been since launch. Unless it's her new look but we haven't seen it yet.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Am I missing something here? Her hairstyle is already in the game and has been since launch. Unless it's her new look but we haven't seen it yet.
    What? Her 1.0 hairstyle is in the game and has been since launch, yes. Her 2.0 redesign hair is unique.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast