1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    was there supposed to be something for 3.1?
    They acknowledge tanks have hate problems. (Re PLD)

But with the 1000 threads on PLD sucks from both NA and JP player bases people assume something for PLD is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    But with the 1000 threads on PLD sucks from both NA and JP player bases people assume something for PLD is coming.
    Those poor, deluded fools.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They acknowledge tanks have hate problems. (Re PLD)

Watch them fuck something up and make PLD super OP... bow now to your PLD overlords!!

Black Belt
    BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Ninja’s Mudra
    We’re implementing an adjustment to address the lag behavior. This will depend on the player’s environment, so we cannot guarantee the overall speed will be faster; however, it should feel much smoother than before. Please try it out and leave us your feedback.

Additionally, as part of a job adjustment, we’re making detailed adjustment such as ninja/paladin’s TP, and other adjustments to bard and astrologian.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know, regarding the mudra lag, I hope it's an overall netcode adjustment rather than something that pertains to specifically the mudra. Would enjoy the game more if my instant skills or queue'd stances would quit cancelling on me in certain circumstances.

"we're doing.........something to make mudra's smoother and faster, maybe, in fact it might not actually do anything"

Oh, how reassuring.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

OF- "Oh yeah Mudra feels great now!"
    Devs- (we didnt do anyting)

Is there any reason for normal abilities to even mess up a mundra? Just get rid of that. The lag wouldn't matter if you didn't have to stop everything until it went through, it doesn't add anything to game play and just punishes people who don't play from SE's test environment.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wow gotta love that wording... We're doing something. We're not telling you what or how. It might not actually work for you either. It depends. Why don't you go play with your minions and stop asking questions?!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    Is there any reason for normal abilities to even mess up a mundra? Just get rid of that. The lag wouldn't matter if you didn't have to stop everything until it went through, it doesn't add anything to game play and just punishes people who don't play from SE's test environment.
    I'm not sure if I get what you're saying right, but the issue isn't with other abilities interrupting it. If you've ever played ninja on anything but a pristinely fast lag-free connection (and that's not even counting server lag) you would see how when you press mudra buttons too fast the end result just gets completely lost most of the time. The game gets very confused as it has to react to your button combo and if you press the next mudra button before it's reacted, it usually just misreads and gives you a bunny.

ya ya, i know I play ninja

I just meant, I wouldn't need to press it as fast if I could execute a weaponskill while doing them.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm really looking forward to the airship content. Couldn't give a crap about the minion fighting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Why are material prices going up? No new melded gear in 3.1....
    That's because in 3.2 we'll be able to meld raid gear. But I doubt we'll need the Tier IV materias' weak stats.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wonder how they're going to take melded raid gear into account when balancing future raids. If the whole party needs the additional dps stats, then all this change has done is shift the burden of melding shit from the tanks to everyone instead, and at a potentially higher cost.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    "we're doing.........something to make mudra's smoother and faster, maybe, in fact it might not actually do anything"

Oh, how reassuring.
    Nah silly, now we'll be able to macro the shit safely!

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    Vague is as vague does. When I saw it I thought it ment vit was gonna factor into tank damage.
    I thought about this being a thing, but I really hope they don't cause I'm gonna get so much shit from my static.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    I wonder how they're going to take melded raid gear into account when balancing future raids. If the whole party needs the additional dps stats, then all this change has done is shift the burden of melding shit from the tanks to everyone instead, and at a potentially higher cost.
    Im expecting the change to basically mean "we are gonna factor next tier of savage to consider all healers having acc melds and all dps and tanks to have perfect melds"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yea it's pretty much anyone's guess.

When I read it I thought maybe they were going to adjust tank stats and make VIT add a lesser amount of attack power for tanks or something.

That's the sort of thing that came to mind when they mentioned "damage calculations" in particular.

I can't think of much else they could change that wouldn't effect everyone else as well, they'd have to either change STR values on tank gear or adjust attack potencies for tank skills.
    Unless they decide to buff enmity values even higher than they actually are, they can't nerf tank damage because that's their main method of keeping threat.

I'm banking on them applying VIT to tank damage calculations. I can't see it working any other way especially with how straightforward stats are.

They would have to nerf tank damage by an absurd amount for them to not be able to keep hate in tank stance.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They would have to nerf tank damage by an absurd amount for them to not be able to keep hate in tank stance.

You must not play PLD.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Note the bolded. If SE's answer is to keep all tanks in tank stance, then this is a pretty good explanation, but if the goal is to allow for tanks' dps to matter then some issues arise. Stance swapping would become more difficult to maintain because you can't generate enough of a enmity buffer. This is actually a pretty big concern for Warrior since being able to sit in Deliverance is half the reason why that job is so strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast