+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am really looking forward to this game. Heavy Rain is one of my favorite all time games, although I found Beyond: Two Souls to be disappointing. This one reminds me very much of the former.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to get home and see whatever 6Souls posted. I'm looking forward to this as well. I bought Heavy Rain forever ago but haven't played it yet. RPCS3 listed it as "in-game" meaning it's not fully playable, but once I get the Blu-ray drive I just ordered I'm going to try it and see how 4K is on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I am really looking forward to this game. Heavy Rain is one of my favorite all time games, although I found Beyond: Two Souls to be disappointing. This one reminds me very much of the former.
    This. But I also really liked Beyond Two Souls for the different style. I am curios where and how far this game goes because what they showed has to merely be the intro section of the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

May 25, 2018
    We are proud to announce that Detroit: Become Human now has an official release date: on May 25th, you will finally have the chance to get your hands on Quantic Dream’s most ambitious title to date.

In a dystopian vision of our near future, Detroit is the story of three androids, three machines designed to obey, who start to feel emotions. Confronted with persecution and the violence of society, they will all have to decide who they want to be.

Connor is a prototype designed to help human investigators on cases involving androids; Kara becomes a fugitive by empathizing with a little girl, united in their dream of freedom; Markus will become the leader of the android revolution.

The player will control all three in turn, taking control of their destinies, and telling not only their individual stories, but also the story of their people and of their world.

Detroit is by far the most ambitious title ever created by Quantic Dream; with this game, we wanted to push our limits by creating the most bending game we have ever made. Your actions have real and spectacular consequences: there are entire scenes that you can see or miss based on your actions, your closest allies may help you until the end or die just after you meet them, your destiny itself can be totally different depending on your choices. You must also be very careful with your three main characters, because any of them may die at any time.

Each story is almost as unique as your DNA: it is the result of the choices you made, the minor ones and the important ones, because in Detroit, all choices matter. You will need to observe, think, decide, feel, follow your intuition or your heart, to tell the unique stories of each character, and their stories will become your personal story.

Detroit explores many complex themes that resonate with today’s world. Of course, it is about AI and the role of technology, but it is also more than anything about us, about our society, our dreams, our mistakes, our hopes. It is about what it means to be human: is it just about having flesh and bones, or does it mean more than that? We hope that it sparks some meaningful conversations and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

In order to depict the world of Detroit, we have also developed the most spectacular 3D engine we have ever created. We tried to push the limits of the PS4 as far as we could, with hundreds of highly realistic characters, full performance capture, scenes featuring crowds, all with a level of quality that we had never reached before. We have also imagined a new way of playing a story where you are in direct control of a complex story where any of your choices may have consequences.

With Detroit, Quantic Dream presents its most accomplished experience, a spectacular and unexpected journey full of emotions, twists and turns, dangers and hope, in the most bending story we have ever created – where every choice matters.

We hope you see Detroit as a unique experience that echoes some of the challenges our world faces, and maybe it even resonates with your own personal life. More than anything, we hope that Detroit will leave an impression on you, and that you will remember for a long time the story of these three androids who wanted to be free...

David Cage - Director, Quantic Dream

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They released a playable demo for it today which runs about 15min if you're not wanting to explore all potential routes the scenario can play out. The section in it plays similar to Jayden in Heavy Rain where you examine a scene for clues before proceeding onwards, straight down to maintaining quanticDream's trademarked moving-around-like-you're-stuck-in-mud tech. If a lot of the game is like this demo, then it's a much better setup for scenario-driven gameplay than Beyond: Two Souls at any rate, so I'm curious to see how the full game ties an overarching story between these sections of being a negotiator.

The lighting engine they employed sure is fucking beautiful though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They released a playable demo for it today
    We are extremely pleased and proud to announce today, that after four years of passionate crafting, Detroit: Become Human has officially gone gold!

During these four years, we have gone through all possible states and emotions that the development of such a challenging project induces: the pride of working on something special and unique, the doubt of attaining all our creative and technical goals, the hope when publicly releasing scenes and trailers and seeing players’ positive reactions, the fear of not having enough time and resources to make everything perfect, the joy of finally seeing all parts of the puzzle come together, scene after scene, and finally being able to play the game from start to finish. And today, I guess it is with a mixture of all these feelings that we stand in front of you.

Detroit: Become Human is no longer our game. Instead, it will soon become yours. Yours to play, to own, to hopefully cherish. The fate of Connor, Kara and Markus is in your hands, along with the fate of all other characters in the game. Through your decisions and actions, you will have the opportunity to become the writer, the director and the main protagonist of the most branching story we have ever created. A story made of hopes, fears, sadness but also of joy and happiness. A story as much about us, humans, as it is about androids.

David Cage, the entire team and myself are proud of the work we have accomplished during these four years. We are grateful to all our wonderful actors, composers, artists and partners around the world who have lent their talent to making Detroit: Become Human the very special experience it has become.

We are also extremely grateful to our fans around the world. We have read all of your emails, all of your letters, all of your tweets and messages. Each of them has given us the inspiration to make the best possible game for our fans. Last but not least, we are extremely thankful to Sony and the whole PlayStation family for believing in us and enabling us to make our dreams come true.

To celebrate this milestone, and to help you pass the time as you hold on just a little while longer for the game’s release on May 25th, I am extremely happy to announce that the very first scene of the game, Hostage, will be available for download on the PS Store starting tomorrow, Tuesday, April 24 at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time.

As part of the Hostage demo experience, there’s also an extended Alexa Skill! Properly named “CyberLife,” the Alexa Skill will provide you guidance and additional intel about this near future android filled world. As you take on the role of Connor, a hostage negotiator android sent to take control of this high-stakes situation, the CyberLife Skill will help guide you in your decision making throughout the investigation process, while giving you a deeper look at the various characters involved within the Hostage demo. It will also give you insights on how you can best alter your decision within the experience that could result in a different ending outcome.

With the CyberLife Skill, you’ll be able to learn more about the world of Detroit: Become Human:

• Tell Me About – Get more details as you examine every piece of the crime scene.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife to tell me about the fish?”

• What’s Their Story? – Uncover the truth behind any character you find within the demo.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife to tell me about the Phillips Family?”

• Alter the Course of History – Using the Flowchart at the end of the demo, use the skill to discover alternate endings.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife why Connor failed to reach Daniel in time?”

To get started, all you need is the following:
    1. Download the Detroit: Become Human Demo from the PS Store on PS4
    2. Have access to any enabled Amazon Alexa Device
    3. Download the Detroit: Become Human CyberLife Skill by saying “Alexa, enable CyberLife” or by doing a search for Cyberlife with your Amazon Alexa app (requires Alexa app and Wi-Fi internet connection).

Guillaume de Fondaumiere - Quantic Dream co-CEO

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

This game comes out on May 25, 2018, which is tomorrow by the way.

This was bumped off the front page, just a friendly FYI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ughh and I want to play it so much, but can't really buy a new game this month anymore ;(

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It is getting fantastic reviews. I am super hype for it as I have loved all of Quantic Dreams games so far

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pass. After playing Heavy Rain aka Walking Simulator I have zero interest in this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Pass. After playing Heavy Rain aka Walking Simulator I have zero interest in this.
    Back in my day...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Back in my day...
    You know, Heavy Rain would have played much better as a point and click adventure. It took until the PS Move patch for them to make characters in Heavy Rain not take a year to turn around on that PS3 release. Not that Detroit is super great about responsive character movement either. Will be getting it at some point since I generally enjoy quantic's stuff, flaws and plot-holes and all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i like the decision tree at the end showing all the possible paths compared to what you chose. big sucker for qd games, and this one is no different.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Story in this game is super god damn dark. Holy shit.

Spoiler: show
    Just got past the part where Kara and Alice are placed in concentration camps and forced to strip.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Watched a stream of this since I doubt I'd go out and buy it, and tbh, I enjoyed their playthrough of it and the story in general. It does get pretty dark, or not as dark, all depending on the route you take anyway, so I guess they went with the 'not so crazy' version. Regardless.. not bad. I liked Kara's route the most I think.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow I really enjoyed this game. They did a great job branching the story and making your choices and weight and consequences. Didn't get to finish my first play through and save the people I wanted saved, really upset about that. My only gripe is they told this story from 3 different view points, but depending on your actions those 3 avenues can barely if ever cross paths. I was expecting more cohesion by the end of it, but I was satisfied with how it played out. Would recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Back in my day...
    Get off my lawn fucker!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Detroit: Become Human - May 25, 2018

I’m not one for these type of games myself. Barely can call it a game to begin with. Just a sucker for futuristic noir settings. At least this game shows you the branching paths you took and can take. Next playthrough I’m gonna try to go through the most depressing shit possible.