1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

You made it further than I did. Thought maybe I should listen to the episode the shitstorm has come from, but I just saw the length and gave up. No way I'm listening to 3 hours a week of trash about a game I barely spend 3 hours a week playing.

All We Need of Hell
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Can we all talk about how bad LBR is? Podcasts seem to draw people who have a lot of opinions about content they've never even done. I had to turn it off after they were discussing endgame raids and telling people to "git gud" a few months ago when only one of the hosts was even raiding at the time. And one of them hadn't even set foot in any raids, didn't even have their sub classes leveled for abilities and was spouting off stuff about how bad people can be.

I had to stop listening to a similar podcast for WoW because of the same reasons.
    LBR is complete and total shit.

I've listened to a couple of episodes (well, one other time before this steaming pile happened) and I am pretty sure my eyes were nonstop rolling. Dumb people talking about things they know nothing about pretending to be super hardcore or pandering to the worst part of the hardcore community. Add onto that all the mayad and yelling over vidyas and I would rather shove ice picks into my ears than listen to their garbage ever again. This email is just par for the course for the LBR shitshow. We would all be better off without them.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i dont really get the podcast format, tbh. The funny ones i guess are okay, kinda like watching a comedy routine so that makes sense, but other than that... eh. i mean i guess i could see listening to one while driving or doing household chores or something, like i would with radio, but tbh 90% of the time i'd prefer music. i feel absolutely zero investment with any podcast i do, for whatever reason, end up watching.

Same thing with streaming, actually. Unless it's something creative like minecraft or KSP, or competitive like tournaments and shit, i'd just as soon spend my time actually playing the game i'm interested in.

I think I'm qualified to say "git gud" and I haven't cleared any of the Savage stuff myself. FFXIV didn't become more difficult in 3.0, a raid is a raid. There is either mechanics (who am I kidding, this is XIV) or there are healing/HP/DPS checks which can't be bypassed without x(crafted, token, raid drops) gear.

I would never listen to a podcast but that particular point doesn't really hold up.

Granted, if the opinion is "these raids are too hard" then lol, they suck. That's not an opinion you can even formulate if you aren't doing the raid.

If the opinion is "these raids are behind too much of a grind" then I get it, it's a somewhat valid complaint and it is something you can get a feel for as an otherwise experienced raider.

I think a lot of the community that raids now and isn't succeeding probably wasn't raiding or definitely wasn't successful at raiding for Binding Coil - a raid that took us what, ~3 months to beat and even though we lost a month to maintenance on Turn 5 it wasn't truly lost time because it was that period of time that allowed me to get the HP to regularly survive Death Sentence. Prior to that every attempt was RNG on whether or not we would have a tank die after divebombs so experience gain on twisters and dreadknights was limited purely by that fact.

From what I've seen, Turn3 is the issue with most groups and outside of any DPS or HP checks, it mostly just looks like a lot of memorization and that's something that is hard to get better at if you can't survive past certain damage outputs.

This game is actually pretty frustrating for someone who I would call a good raider (knowing how to survive long enough and play safe and efficiently enough to see the next phase and get that new experience) because in the Turn 5 example, I couldn't do anything better to live as a tank, and if I were a DPS there would be almost nothing I could do other than hope I have SS or Adloq on so I could live if any mechanic chose me.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like podcasts. I listen to them at the gym, on the drive to and from work and if I'm playing a really mind numbing grindy game, I listen to them then as well. Mainly listen to Giant Bombcast, Giant Beastcast, Role Playing Public Radio or Nosleep. I rarely have enough time to listen to anything past the Giant Bomb podcasts though anymore.

Overall, I don't think anyone's opinion on the state of a raid is worthwhile unless you yourself have encountered it. I'm not going to give my opinion on anything past Turn 9 because I haven't even raided since 2.3. Listening to people who are trying to be community leaders on a podcast talk about the state of endgame when they aren't even involved in it is not something I find worthwhile.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Doesn't Uryuu have a podcast? He's done all the relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Alym View Post
    LBR is complete and total shit.

I've listened to a couple of episodes (well, one other time before this steaming pile happened) and I am pretty sure my eyes were nonstop rolling. Dumb people talking about things they know nothing about pretending to be super hardcore or pandering to the worst part of the hardcore community. Add onto that all the mayad and yelling over vidyas and I would rather shove ice picks into my ears than listen to their garbage ever again. This email is just par for the course for the LBR shitshow. We would all be better off without them.

They don't pretend to be 'super harcore', they're all pretty open about their progress in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post

Overall, I don't think anyone's opinion on the state of a raid is worthwhile unless you yourself have encountered it. I'm not going to give my opinion on anything past Turn 9 because I haven't even raided since 2.3. Listening to people who are trying to be community leaders on a podcast talk about the state of endgame when they aren't even involved in it is not something I find worthwhile.
    Again, I think this is mostly just a matter of the scope of the argument. Regardless of anything else, FFXIV is not a difficult game. It follows a specific formula for progression and only sheer will (and probably a little luck) would allow someone to overcome that. If anyone makes an argument that a raid is too difficult, alienating, over-tuned, it's more likely than not they are a little bitch.

Using Turn 5 as an example again, did I feel Twisters were overtuned in their original state? Maybe, but I also didn't see enough of them due to other limitations to really say one way or the other. We had figured out that you needed to move a different path to avoid them but past that it was really hit or miss if it worked which begs the question (or should) of whether or not you're using the right mechanic. It turned out that we were but there might have been a better way previous to that.

If the scope of the argument is regarding FFXIV's lack of engaging mechanics past dealing with gear, small raid sizes, GCD limitations, death of guilds, whatever, then these are all things you can easily talk about without raiding. Whether you want to listen to that person is entirely up to you but you aren't precluded from having a valid opinion simply because you haven't beat something.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

LBR definitely has a problem with awful callers.

There's this one guy who they let call back for like three shows in a row (maybe more i haven't listened for a bit now) and he just droned on and on about irrelevant shit. I mean it was kind of cute the first time if it had lasted half as long but then it just got silly, and then boring, and then "aalalla i'm turning it off someone tell me when the cringecall is done."

Not the only example but the prime one that comes to mind. They definitely need to impose some sort of caller time limit or something.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was this the guy that didn't even play FF14 and just randomly found their stream on twitch? I forgot all about that, it definitely added to my dislike of the show.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah that's the guy. Carl or something? I was half expecting it to be a prank call or some shit the first time and then it happened TWICE MORE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't even raided since 2.3
    Are people who don't even play allowed to have an opinion on this topic?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Turned them on because I've never listened to them before. They just wiped in their expert dungeon. I don't think they're allowed to talk about being hardcore.

Except they don't, so it's all good.

I wonder what talking about being hardcore even means? I get the impression it's someone talking about how difficult it is having so much free time or how cool it is to suffer for raids. Otherwise, talking about the raids just requires you to know something about it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i will never understand podcasts, the people who make them or the people who listen to them

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    i will never understand podcasts, the people who make them or the people who listen to them
    This. A million times this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries