1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    My favorite part of this whole thing is the inclusion of the Excal BG

Great now we'll have Excal BG complain that we stole their name and ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    i will never understand podcasts, the people who make them or the people who listen to them
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    This. A million times this.
    Pretty much. There is no person who plays video games who I would ever want to listen to. I get enough fat people being out of breath and upset about things that don't matter when I log into any teamspeak for any raid group ever. I can't imagine supplementing that dreadful period of time on my way to work or at the gym, dear god.

That's the one thing making my commutes more bearable. (Fuck you Juxta)

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This thread was decent. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    i will never understand podcasts, the people who make them or the people who listen to them
    Yeah like that Rocl News Network. Who listened to that >.>

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Yeah like that Rocl News Network. Who listened to that >.>
    I was like 14? 15? and it was retarded as fuck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Pretty much. There is no person who plays video games who I would ever want to listen to. I get enough fat people being out of breath and upset about things that don't matter when I log into any teamspeak for any raid group ever. I can't imagine supplementing that dreadful period of time on my way to work or at the gym, dear god.
    Sweet elitism, bro. If you don't want to listen to anyone who plays video games, why are you on a video game forum, y'know, where it's meant to create discussion and dialogue, rather than just a blog?

I generally don't listen to video game podcasts because they have an overabundant tendency to be fucking stupid, horribly produced, amateur garbage. The decent ones are built around a cast of entertaining people rather than a specific subject.

You're right, reading and ignoring peoples opinions is identical to listening to someone talk.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Sweet elitism, bro. If you don't want to listen to anyone who plays video games, why are you on a video game forum, y'know, where it's meant to create discussion and dialogue, rather than just a blog?

I generally don't listen to video game podcasts because they have an overabundant tendency to be fucking stupid, horribly produced, amateur garbage. The decent ones are built around a cast of entertaining people rather than a specific subject.
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customavata...tar42232_3.gif

Excuse me, what? Apples to oranges.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually don't mind the RT Podcasts every so often. I think i kinda consider RedLetterMedia Half-in-the-bag and Best of the Worst... Podcast-like... So if those count, I like those too. But for the most part I don't watch them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customavata...tar42232_3.gif

Excuse me, what? Apples to oranges.
    Either he means listen as in physically hear, which is the most braindead retarded generalization possible, or he means listen as in consider the opinions of. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he's not braindead retarded.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Posting to say Kluwe is greater than all of you, and you can suck my dick if you think otherwise.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Posting to say Kluwe is greater than all of you, and you can suck my dick if you think otherwise.
    Kluwe is a fucking casual.

Come at me.

Can we also get back to only redeeming quality of FFXIV? The fishing.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Kluwe is a fucking casual.
    Still got paid.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wrote a couple emails in to LBR while I was weening myself off of the game, mistakenly believing raid tier content and higher level opinions had a place in the discussion. I appreciate what they represent in the communit but the shift to a weekly format in the current game climate has not been kind. The lack of raid or even crafting "correspondents" really limits their avenues of discussion. Even PvP they brought in an outside guest (who doesn't even seem to know Morale works or how it works for what little that matters) and then never talked about that either ("I capped tomes in seal rock" doesn't really count).

@rantguy, politeness is definitely not overrated. Doesn't matter how dumb you may feel the other side is being, if you resort to yelling fuck'n'shit it undercuts your own standing every time. Even if people agree with your idea, your wording is, to overuse a word, toxic. This happens in every forum.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Can't stand LBR

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    Yeah that's the guy. Carl or something? I was half expecting it to be a prank call or some shit the first time and then it happened TWICE MORE.
    If you don't love Rob From New York then I don't know what to tell you.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

lol this video. "I've called out fucking Guildwork"

No, you didn't. You showed up and made a spectacle of yourself. You shit on the floor, they laughed at you, then you pulled up your pants and left.

LBR pls. I cringe every time I have to engage with this particularly flavor of autism. Please go.

All that attacking the entirety of a community because they were upset over one person that went into their Twitch chat and had a go at them. Childish rubbish. I guess posting a bunch of dank maymays qualifies as "calling someone out" now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I think I'm qualified to say "git gud" and I haven't cleared any of the Savage stuff myself. FFXIV didn't become more difficult in 3.0, a raid is a raid.
    You might think so, but I have to disagree with you here. The ante was definitely upped this tier. As someone who cleared Savage Second Coil in i110 and has A4S on farm, I have to say this tier is closer to Savage Second Coil in i110 which was harder than either BCOB, SCOB, or FCOB. This tier was more of a teamwork test than any tier we had before, all while still maintaining high DPS requirements because they tried to gear gate content to make it last longer.

It's not that hard, but it is harder than anything we've had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Doesn't Uryuu have a podcast? He's done all the relevant content.
    I did... I was invited as a guest and ended up being handed all the responsibility to do it. We lasted a month before some of the people in the group left because they got into some kind of tiff, at that point I just decided not to continue it. People still ask me to continue it from time to time but I'll be honest and say this kind of things takes a ton of work and I have 0 experience with this kind of media. I was basically winging it because no one else took responsibility after I got invited, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    It's actually really well produced imo.
    I'll preface this by saying I tune in to LBR every once in awhile, usually while queuing for Frontlines or capping currency on a weekend. I don't subscribe on twitch nor do I donate on patreon (nor do I donate to anyone on either of those websites).

I think overall LBR has great production value. Whether or not you agree/disagree with the opinions on LBR (or if you think the hosts are assholes or are annoying), I still think the show is entertaining. I personally think Aneiro is funny to listen to when he rants (like he did here) and they do go out of their way to talk about what's currently going on in FFXIV/the hot button issues currently being discussed in the FFXIV community.

Sure they aren't HC raiders, but I don't think they'd label themselves that way or even say they've ever tried to perpetuate that image. They're an FFXIV podcast, not an FFXIV endgame podcast.

Also, I don't think "failed podcast" is a correct label as the show obviously generates a good amount of support and money. I think it's more just that you dislike it or find the hosts annoying. The support is clearly there.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My problem is their occasional misinformation in regards to endgame raiding or even just how jobs play. Like saying Sword Oath does basically nothing. They don't have to be hardcore raiders to just get basic info right (or not get defensive when people try to correct them). It feeds into the misinformation circle jerk on every forum related to the game.

I mean if they're trying to represent and appeal to casual players, it works. It just kind of runs contrary to their "gitgud" campaign when they only go halfway themselves. My 2 cents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast