1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nikki Seven / LBR vs Reddit

Welp r/ffxiv scrubbed a thread of r/ffxiv criticizing the subreddit because of rule 4 'Be civil and respectful'

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ists/?sort=new

OF levels of moderation right there.

Admin edit for context:

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Are you stupid? Why the fuck would we ever leave this:

Fuck you Reddit and your overly PC fucking horseshit excuse of a sub community for FFXIV. The majority of you are fucking neckbeard weeaboos that fap into your encrusted anime body pillows as you dream up the next crayola "masterpiece" you'll shit out in between masturbation sessions
    I'll bet even the female Redditors have neckbeards too, and I'm playing fast and loose with the term "female". I mean, have you SEEN the sort of ham-beasts that try to pass off as cosplayers on Reddit in the past? I mean I put in a LOT of hours, so I'm not built like Dwayne Johnson, but I smell what's cookin' when you try to stuff a 300lb pig into a K-Mart Minfilia outfit, it's the stench of pork from those rubbing thighs.
    stuff up? Those idiots are desperate for attention on their failed podcast.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

O.oa

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You do realize what you're quoting from is from the viewer written email in the video. - (Email: http://pastebin.com/sjqSS6X8 )

So hey, if you want to listen to the actual bit here's a link that skips past the email here ya go https://youtu.be/Hpthgi0yhxY?t=7m46s

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Don't worry guys reddit is safe now. He got banned from reddit for his rant.

STARCADE 2.0
    IGNORE MY BULLSHIT

BG Level

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM_Kid2000 View Post
    Why? To address it of course. Your own community has overwhelmingly supported the sentiment you conveniently cherry picked out. I don't know why this discussion is being addressed here. It seems a bit out of place. I will say one thing though. Look forward to a part 2. if memory serves internet doesn't take kindly to censorship, Mrs. Streisand could learn you a thing or two about that.

And "failed" podcast? You can math, right? Just wondering.

LBR didn't ask me to write that, it was organic. It's sentiment echoed in my post history that I've been saying forever, and I stand by every single word I've penned. Personal bias blinds you to the point, and I get it, that's human nature. Perhaps maybe improvement might come from it. Other avenues have proven to be unfruitful. I make no apologies for the language used in that or the reply I made there after receiving my insta-ban. I could never apologize for honesty. My personal integrity is incompatible with such a notion.

One thing history has proven time and time again, in the formation of the United States of America, during the racial tension of the civil rights movement, upon countless artists, dissenters, social commentators, and activist's lives across decades, no, centuries, free speech will always prevail. The message will be seen, heard, digested. People gravitate to honesty, even if it's ugly. And that's simply what I've offered up. Honesty. The point is, it NEVER works out for people that try to quell honest criticism. And while yes, I wrote that purposefully outlandishly over the top, partially to drive a point, using something called "blue comedic effect", past the nuance is the core of it all, a raw, honest, unapologetic opinion shared by an overwhelming number of players.

And there's more to come, but you'll have to simply listen. This isn't Blue Gartr's fight, so I'll not fill pages here much past this. I guess you'll have to listen to Aniero's show, if he ever gets around to reading my follow up response.
    The fuck is going on here?

If you wrote "Are you stupid" on reddit you'd be moderated.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Why? To address it of course. Your own community has overwhelmingly supported the sentiment you conveniently cherry picked out. I don't know why this discussion is being addressed here. It seems a bit out of place. I will say one thing though. Look forward to a part 2. if memory serves internet doesn't take kindly to censorship, Mrs. Streisand could learn you a thing or two about that.

And "failed" podcast? You can math, right? Just wondering.

LBR didn't ask me to write that, it was organic. It's sentiment echoed in my post history that I've been saying forever, and I stand by every single word I've penned. Personal bias blinds you to the point, and I get it, that's human nature. Perhaps maybe improvement might come from it. Other avenues have proven to be unfruitful. I make no apologies for the language used in that or the reply I made there after receiving my insta-ban. I could never apologize for honesty. My personal integrity is incompatible with such a notion.

One thing history has proven time and time again, in the formation of the United States of America, during the racial tension of the civil rights movement, upon countless artists, dissenters, social commentators, and activist's lives across decades, no, centuries, free speech will always prevail. The message will be seen, heard, digested. People gravitate to honesty, even if it's ugly. And that's simply what I've offered up. Honesty. The point is, it NEVER works out for people that try to quell honest criticism. And while yes, I wrote that purposefully outlandishly over the top, partially to drive a point, using something called "blue comedic effect", past the nuance is the core of it all, a raw, honest, unapologetic opinion shared by an overwhelming number of players.

And there's more to come, but you'll have to simply listen. This isn't Blue Gartr's fight, so I'll not fill pages here much past this. I guess you'll have to listen to Aniero's show, if he ever gets around to reading my follow up response.
    Just so you know, you have my full support in filling the pages with this.
    Please do go on.

I heard the reading of the letter on LBR and I've got to say, you've really got a way with words. I have no exposure to that subreddit (aside from checking it out after hearing that epic e-mail reading) but you were somehow able to drive your point home anyway. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    The fuck is going on here?
    Yea I have no idea either but it seems interesting enough.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yea I have no idea either but it seems interesting enough.
    I'm just here with a will to read good drama.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Are you stupid? Why the fuck would we ever leave this:

stuff up? Those idiots are desperate for attention on their failed podcast.
    you should check the youtube thread in general now and then.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually read what he typed, and I get what he said... But drama hunger here is strong so I'm sure it will be lost.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

what the ever living fuck

STARCADE 2.0
    IGNORE MY BULLSHIT

BG Level

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think I like you!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This community problem, it is what will ultimately be its demise. Hearken back to the days of FFXI, one thing the community had was a modicum of quality amongst its ranks. This seems lost with the more modern community as the lowest common denominator has fallen to new depths.
    A place where the lowest common denominator is tolerated and even celebrated isn't really a new phenomenon. After all, the Alla forums existed in XI's heyday. You can "not stand for it" all you want, in the end places like that are still going to be there, and anyone who challenges the idiocy status quo or makes the LCD feel uncomfortable in their own unintelligence will be forcibly ousted. So it has always been, and so shall it continue to be.

The game environment in XIV itself is the cause of the descent into dumbassery the community has seen. The game purposefully does not challenge the players, assumedly for fear of losing subs if content is "too hard" or "too confusing". In my opinion, this is all on the choices the devs have made - the community may look a lot different if the game itself demanded more from its population. You can't blame a nearly purely casual game for attracting a nearly purely casual playerbase.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I appreciate the kind sentiment. This community problem, it is what will ultimately be its demise. Hearken back to the days of FFXI, one thing the community had was a modicum of quality amongst its ranks. This seems lost with the more modern community as the lowest common denominator has fallen to new depths. Many can try to be uplifting to those that are at least willing to be helped, but when a portion of the community celebrates all that is undesirable and not conducive to it thriving, not just in numbers, but in quality, this cancer should be quelled, lest it infect the whole.

I speak mostly of just how far into the depths of the rotten stench of feces the community has allowed this particular bubble we call r/FFXIV has been allowed to sink to. Is it really that bad? By both reputation and experience by those with mind enough to think for themselves, indeed it is. It goes beyond simple poorly drawn art littering its facade on a daily basis. It's an overall sentiment that bad is good, good is bad, anyone who disagrees shall be silenced, with Sarkeesian levels of sensitivity coupled with aversion to language, criticism, no matter the composition of truth it may contain, if it offends, it is a mortal sin.

A young black man once said, against all opposition and not exactly in his own personal interest "Fuck da Police". I intend to adopt this very sentiment to the situation at hand, as it is quite fitting. As is my way, I'll make it my own, and expand on this notion, explaining why it is the appropriate response. I'm lucky to be sane enough to share this very sentiment with a surprising number of extremely diverse players, who are rightfully angered with the same notions of communal decay these Reddit apologists seem to laud. I simply will lay the verbal smackdown on some bitches in the most unabashedly honest way possible. There is no off switch, no apologies. It's told like it is. This is FFXIV, not Hello Kitty Island Fucking Adventure. We slay tyrants and dragons, not stuff our assholes with silky smooth tampons of puritan delusion. If it offends while driving the point, well it's a point driven. If the sentiment is lost within the poo-poo ka-ka language, well then get a fucking Real World to Hello Fucking Kitty dictionary, because adults are speaking here.

However, I respect BG, what it stands for. Given the invitation, surely I will echo what needs to be said. There are other avenues to drive the point home that don't seem to mind the mess associated with the drama and incurred fallout. Given ears to hear, I would gladly sound the trumpet. But as I've stated earlier, it isn't BG's fight, and I respect them enough not to drag the pansies through their lilies. Lest they want their garden burnt to a crisp, then in that case, fetch me a flame thrower, 'cause shit's about to get roasted.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/47611955.jpg
    Best thing to read this morning holy shit.

What's sad is this guy is providing us better content to enjoy then SE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast