+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've only watched a handful of TOS so i went and looked it up. Seems nerds gave it the "12 parsecs" treatment to make canon agree when the actual showrunners can't be bothered.

From memory alpha:
    In 2269, an image of Kahless was created by the Excalbians in a plot devised to better understand the concepts of "good" and "evil". The image was considerably flawed from the original Kahless, with such notable discrepancies as being infected with the Klingon augment virus and wearing a 23rd century Imperial Klingon Fleet uniform. The Excalbian version of Kahless appeared and acted quite differently from the original, since the image had been created from reading the minds of Humans who, at that point in Starfleet history, saw Kahless as a ruthless tyrant, and had had far more contact with Augment Klingons (or their descendants) than with standard Klingons. The Excalbian version of Kahless also had a talent for mimicking voices. (TOS: "The Savage Curtain")

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wait... so how is this show going to work... I see Netflix and CBS AA?

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Prob CBS in US and Netflix everywhere else.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Prob pirated in US and Netflix everywhere else.
    Fixed

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Prob CBS in US and Netflix everywhere else.
    Sucks. Netflix is my primary for most legal things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just a reminder that the show starts tomorrow night. If you haven't herd much about it, it's because there is an embargo of the show until after the first episode airs. That's always a clear vote of confidence....lol

If your in the US

CBS will air the first episode tomorrow night and then the rest of the shows will be on their All Access streaming service.

If your in Canada

The entire season will be on Space Channel every Sunday at 8:30 pm est. For French Canadian viewers you can watch the entire season of Discovery on the Z channel starting on September 24 at 9PM ET. If you miss any episode you can watch it on the Space Go app or watch it on Crave TV streaming service.

For the rest of the World

The entire season will be on Netflix.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just pirate it. Don't reward these dickholes for putting up a fucking paywall for one show.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yup, pirating the shit out of this show. I fully expect this to get cancelled after one season because of how stupid tying it behind a streaming service is.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Orville is the only Star Trek series I recognize at the moment.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well I'm not going to pirate it, but I'm not going to pay for their shitty streaming service that has zero other shows I want to watch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

TIME TO ROCK N ROLL!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just saw the premier, and it was a cliff-hanger, but I didn't see much that I liked aside from it looking really pretty. While I certainly don't mind a good space battle, I don't see Star Trek as a war story (DS9 doesn't quite count that way), and that's what this series seems to be about. It really does feel like the newer movies, shrunk down to a TV series, so it doesn't really feel like Star Trek as we're used to. The only spark of personality were three people; there rest of the crew is just cardboard at this point.

saw the first 2 ep, it was a hot mess..

Already do not like the main character, we will see where the story goes. I will give it a couple more ep.

I am glad The orville is doing well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Surprised. Watched the first two, thought it was not bad at all. No spoilers, but I presume there are reason's for some of the criticisms that we'll find out in the next couple of episodes for sure.

Kinda annoyed it's not bingeable though

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Just saw the premier, and it was a cliff-hanger, but I didn't see much that I liked aside from it looking really pretty. While I certainly don't mind a good space battle, I don't see Star Trek as a war story (DS9 doesn't quite count that way), and that's what this series seems to be about. It really does feel like the newer movies, shrunk down to a TV series, so it doesn't really feel like Star Trek as we're used to. The only spark of personality were three people; there rest of the crew is just cardboard at this point.
    After the 're-introduction' of Star Trek to today's audience with the new movies, I'm not surprised to hear this. I don't know if the classic space exploration themes of the previous series would draw and keep an audience today like it did back in the 90s. I haven't invested anything yet into this series so I'll probably wait until the season is out before I give it a try.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

#NotMyStarTrek ; ;

I had a geek giggle at the first ep. intro when it zoomed out, then it all went downhill from there

SciFi action series where they casted the main character because in the right lightning she looks a little like Rhianna. (don't mind me, I'm just grumpy feeling cheated of my exploratory adventures in favor of bread and circus for the masses.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    #NotMyStarTrek ; ;

I had a geek giggle at the first ep. intro when it zoomed out, then it all went downhill from there

SciFi action series where they casted the main character because in the right lightning she looks a little like Rhianna. (don't mind me, I'm just grumpy feeling cheated of my exploratory adventures in favor of bread and circus for the masses.)
    Supposedly I am hearing it should get better when they introduce the real crew etc, cus I am def not liking the single character focus at the moment.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Yeah, while many seasons of DS9 were devoted to the Dominion War, it was never a celebration of battle. It was always about the cost of war, whether it was the loss of life, the trauma to the survivors, or the compromises the Starfleet officers had to make to their morals to win.

In The Pale Moonlight is the best episode of any Star Trek series. Fite me.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, while many seasons of DS9 were devoted to the Dominion War, it was never a celebration of battle. It was always about the cost of war, whether it was the loss of life, the trauma to the survivors, or the compromises the Starfleet officers had to make to their morals to win.

In The Pale Moonlight is the best episode of any Star Trek series. Fite me.
    In the pale moonlight is without a doubt one of the highlights of the Star Trek franchise as a whole, it's up there with TNGs The Drumhead with Picards speech " 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably.' "

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Well, if you want to do quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garak
    That's why you came to me, isn't it? Because you knew I would do the things you weren't capable of. Well, it worked. You'll get what you want, a war between the Dominion and the Romulans. And if your conscience is bothering you, I suggest you soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant... and all it cost was the life of one senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast