+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Front to back I stand by DS9 being the best Star Trek series. Consistently had the best acting, and due to the stationary nature of the show it was able to maintain a strong cast of supporting characters over the entire series. And unlike a lot of other Star Trek shows, the characters clearly evolved and changed over time. Dukat, Garak, Nog, Rom, Martok, Yates, Leeta, and all the main cast characters.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't think we'll ever resolve TNG vs. DS9 (which no sane person can deny was brilliant, in my case TNG took my Star Trek virginity, so I have the same relationship to that as a lot of people have towards FFVII, despite IX being superior) on that count, we can all just agree to hate on Enterprise and all will be well

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Front to back I stand by DS9 being the best Star Trek series. Consistently had the best acting, and due to the stationary nature of the show it was able to maintain a strong cast of supporting characters over the entire series. And unlike a lot of other Star Trek shows, the characters clearly evolved and changed over time. Dukat, Garak, Nog, Rom, Martok, Yates, Leeta, and all the main cast characters.
    100% agree, although I do recognize that a lot of the reason I like DS9 the best is because it contrasts in such an interesting way against the other series. TNG showed us what it meant to be a modern Starfleet officer, upright, moral, just. DS9 showed us what happens when those values are put to the test over and over again. It asks the question of whether humanity has really evolved, or if the worst parts of our nature are still lurking just beneath the surface.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just watched it. I could go on a rant and write everything down I hate about this show. Not worth the effort. Let´s just put it this way: This shit isn´t Star Trek whatsoever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Was okish but mirroring a lot of other people there's no way Im signing up for for CBSs streaming service

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't really like the first two episodes, and the Klingons look fucking stupid. I'll still give it a shot for a couple of episodes because I'm just pirating it anyways, but don't have hope for it.

Having grown up on a steady diet of TNG/DS9/Voyager seeing what's happened to Star Trek has been pretty painful. At least I'll always have those series and the (good) movies to entertain me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck it I just can´t help myself so here goes a list of everything wrong with this shit (spoiler for those who care):

Spoiler: show
    Klingon redesign was absolutely unecessary and looks fucking horrible. Klingons don´t even talk proper Klingon as far as I can tell (which is hilarious given it´s an actual existing fucking language), and generally sound like they just developed language and have a giant dick in their mouths. Klingons act totally out of Klingon character. It´s supposed to be set in the "prime timeline" 10 years before Kirk's 5 year mission, yet it doesn´t look anything like it. Klingon architecture and ship design is god awfull and doesn´t make a slight bit of sense in that timeline. Even Starfleet ships are off design-wise. Let´s just summarize Klingons fuckin suck and are not really Klingons and Starfleet isn´t Starfleet. Holographic communitcation isn´t around for another 130 years so whoever came up with that shit good job. A Starfleet captain lusting for revenge after loosing a handfull of ships? Remember Sisko after liberating Cardassia Prime from the Dominion? He didn´t feel victorious at all nor did he ever lust for revenge for the billions of lives lost in the Dominion War. Mankind is supposed to be past shit like that. First Officer using the Vulcan night night grip on her Captain only for her Captain to wake up 5 seconds later. First Officer starting the Federation-Klingon war by killing Klingon leader guy she explicitly stated not to kill. Spock has an adopted human sister called Michael? Cinematography is terrible. Dialogue is god awfull. Lense flares and overall look are disgusting and way too dark and grim. Actors are half assing their performance. I could go on but fuck it I´m done for now. Gonna rewatch some TNG and actual Trek to cleanse my memory of this shit.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Supposedly they are actually speaking Klingon (at least in terms of the words being said), just that the way they're talking is all fucked up with the wrong tone and pronunciation.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't give me too much shit for this. I've watched Voyager, Sir Patrick's movies, and the rebooted movies. What's the Prime Timeline and which show explains it so I can go and watch it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Don't give me too much shit for this. I've watched Voyager, Sir Patrick's movies, and the rebooted movies. What's the Prime Timeline and which show explains it so I can go and watch it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Prime Timeline is TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. First JJ Abrahams movie´s opening few minutes have the events that change the timeline into the JJ Verse aka Kelvin Timeline (destruction of Romulus).

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The new movies (Chris Pine etc) are an alternate timeline.

Prime Timeline is everything else. This is taking place a decade before the Original Series, and everything that follows from there. Which makes all the weird shit with how the Klingons look/talk, the technology like the holograms and whatnot all fucking dumb because that shit shouldn't exist yet. I mean the bridge to bridge hologram stuff wasn't introduced until well into DS9, yet now it's gtg here?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A giant meh to this show.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Meanwhile Starfleet ships are still using Photon Cannons that shouldn´t be a thing anymore since 2nd season of Archer´s Enterprise some 70-ish years before Discovery? Nothing in this makes any sense whatsoever and whoever made this has absolutely no clue about Star Trek.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, Klingons shouldn't having cloaking tech right? They're well over a decade from getting access to it

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Budget Rihanna and Crouching Tiger Lady are p ok but this whole technology thing is making my head hurt.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Also, Klingons shouldn't having cloaking tech right? They're well over a decade from getting access to it
    Fuck me I think you´re right.....jesus christ LOL

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looked it up.

These first two episodes are taking place in 2256, Klingons got cloaking tech from the Romulans in 2269.

If this show took place in the Kelvin Timeline it could all be excused, but all these glaring inconsistencies in the Prime Timeline for something with well documented hardcore fans, oy vey.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also that Daft Punk looking motherfucker, when it's clearly documented that Data is the first artificial life form to serve in Starfleet.

Fuck if I keep going with this I'm gonna get so damn salty.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just watch the orville instead, it's like an offbrand star trek, but done with love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast