Farscape was the goat for swear word substitutions

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Farscape was the goat for swear word substitutions
    And anyone who disagrees can get a kick right to their frelling yarbotz.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

BSG gets an honorable mention too.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It's pretty obvious they're doing it for the press.

I think Plinkett summed it up best with one of his reviews where he said that they (and I think it was Yoda he was talking about) should above all the superficial.

In Trek, Earth should be past the point of this crap because none of it mattered. Their issues as a species were resolved with each other. The challenge for Earth was how to get along with other worlds. There wasn't a need for petty language or making Sulu gay or anything because that wasn't the focus. In that universe nobody cared about things like that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

About 10 minutes into episode 6 and...

Spoiler: show
    What in the FUCK am I watching? Holo combat simulation (Holodecks were brand fucking new in TNG), Kill count on Federation Phaser Rifles (facepalmed so fucking hard I actually hurt myself), Vulcans doing suicide bombings now (I don´t even have words for this shit), an idiotic and pointless romance be built up between new Chief of Security and Michael (this is going to be dumb and forced as hell, can´t wait for all the cringe ass dialoge) and finally more mind meld communication over many lightyears of distance. This is all within the first 10 minutes of this shit. Not even sure why I keep doing this to myself really...

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    About 10 minutes into episode 6 and...

What in the FUCK am I watching? Holo combat simulation (Holodecks were brand fucking new in TNG), Kill count on Federation Phaser Rifles (facepalmed so fucking hard I actually hurt myself), Vulcans doing suicide bombings now (I don´t even have words for this shit), an idiotic and pointless romance be built up between new Chief of Security and Michael (this is going to be dumb and forced as hell, can´t wait for all the cringe ass dialoge) and finally more mind meld communication over many lightyears of distance. This is all within the first 10 minutes of this shit. Not even sure why I keep doing this to myself really...
    Its sooo goood!

Season 2 confirmed so save some salt! I know I will be lol

I feel like I'm going to get crucified in this thread, but I don't think its a BAD show, regardless of its bastardization of the canon. Although I'm still puzzled why they felt the need to redesign the Klingons to Batarians, they look so gross now.

It's really interesting, after AGES without a Star Trek we have this show, The Orville, and a Galaxy Quest series is in development.

The shows setting and main story is not bad, its the characters and their interaction that are atrocious.

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's sad. I think The Orville is honestly the more faithful Star Trek series (and it isn't even one! Q_Q).

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    The shows setting and main story is not bad, its the characters and their interaction that are atrocious.
    I like Orca & Saru.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, mixed review from the RLM team, and mid way they pose a really interesting what if scenario I’d like to ask you guys here.

How would your view of this show change if you found out that it actually takes place/starts in the mirror universe? I mean that’s not going to happen, but It’s fun to imagine.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I couldn't get past the point in that video where Mike starts jacking himself off about how many Trek stories he recognized from The Orville.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I couldn't give a shit either way. Even ignoring all the mind boggling continuity errors in a franchise known for overly obsessive fans, it's just bad television.

It isn't even worth the effort to pirate it, let alone pay for.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I couldn't give a shit either way. Even ignoring all the mind boggling continuity errors in a franchise known for overly obsessive fans, it's just bad television.

It isn't even worth the effort to pirate it, let alone pay for.
    This properly explains my view.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

New episode...
    So they went from dark as fuck Trek to even darker Trek? Are you serious? Instead of setting the 1st half of the season in the mirror universe to have them come into the "proper" Trek universe OF COURSE they landed in the mirror universe. Also who needs Tarantino to do an R rated Trek movie now when we have this shit? It´s close enough to R isn´t it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Haters gonna hate. I agree the series isn’t that great but I thought this episode was pretty good.

It’s kind of obvious who they are going to reveal as the emperor but a small part of me is still hoping it will be cameo from a different series.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Haters gonna hate. I agree the series isn’t that great but I thought this episode was pretty good.

It’s kind of obvious who they are going to reveal as the emperor but a small part of me is still hoping it will be cameo from a different series.
    Please dear god don´t drag any of the original/tng/ds9/voyager or even enterprise cast into this.

Is anyone still watching this? I'm actually impressed with the current arc. The episodes I thought were kinda weak backstory 2-parters end up being giant setups to the current arc.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am still watching, the story is getting interesting, but the character gallery is so weak Would probably have fallen off if I wasn't die hard Star Trek fan, belong to the "this isn't really like Star Trek except the skins" crowd atm.

The fact that they have a Klingon that underwent super surgery to look human and they cannot even tell with their scans when he first came aboard? I duno =/

I do like the Mirror Universe plot though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast