Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Badger View Post
    In previous shows characters had some character trait that made them stand out, for some it was only accent, for others it was constant grumpiness like doctor McCoy. It made hem charming. In this show it feels like all the characters have their unique way to annoy you instead.
    This so much! they're all trying so hard.

I love seeing klingons make googley eyes at each other...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

This weeks episode was a great episode of trek. Thinking about what happened with the giant space spore talking monster, Michael's not wanting to harm it, and having to sacrifice something for bigger means were great call backs to DS9, especially getting the romulans involved in the war.

Like every series of trek, the first few episodes/seasons are a bit stuffed, but I'm enjoying the fact we have some trek that's darker than DS9, and on par with Equinox. Lorca strikes me as a Garth of Izar like ST Axanar fan remake.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

An interesting perspective. I never asked for an edge lord Star Trek darnit.

I'm just hate watching atm..

There is not one likable character, nor is there any kind of team dynamic that should be a mainstay on every Star Trek.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I´d take a crew full of Wesley Crushers and Kes' over the STD crew anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    I´d take a crew full of Wesley Crushers and Kes' over the STD crew anyday.
    The thing is Star Trek did not need fixing or changing, so yea I get what they are trying to do but what I am watching atm is not a Star Trek TV series. It should be called Discovery, A Star Trek story...

Also, It just crossed my mind, There is not one Vulcan officer on the Discovery?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh I agree with you 100% this travesty isn´t Star Trek whatsoever.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

God bless everyone on here who suggested just watching The Orville instead. Blasted thru the episodes available last Wednesday and it absolutely fills the Star Trek itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    God bless everyone on here who suggested just watching The Orville instead. Blasted thru the episodes available last Wednesday and it absolutely fills the Star Trek itch.
    I agree, the thing is with Orville, is that they use the comedy to help build the relationships between the crew, which in this case really works well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just watched ep 4.
    Spoiler: show
    Terrible. Just awfull. More Black Alert, more terrible tech that doesn´t make any sense whatsoever, more halfassed attempts to try make the audience get emotionally connected to anything that´s happening on screen, half of which you can´t make out because everything is dark as fuck, dutch camera angles all over the place and covered in lens flares. Fuck me. If this is supposed to be a setup for Section 31 like internet theories say it´s probably the worst way to do it. Also why? To be edgy? To do something "different"? Who the fuck cares about Section 31?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just watched ep 4.
    Terrible. Just awfull. More Black Alert, more terrible tech that doesn´t make any sense whatsoever, more halfassed attempts to try make the audience get emotionally connected to anything that´s happening on screen, half of which you can´t make out because everything is dark as fuck, dutch camera angles all over the place and covered in lens flares. Fuck me. If this is supposed to be a setup for Section 31 like internet theories say it´s probably the worst way to do it. Also why? To be edgy? To do something "different"? Who the fuck cares about Section 31?
    motherf.. (DO NOT read this if you didn't read all the latest books)

After that last book and its ending I've had all the Section 31 I can stumach and then some. fuck god in the machine plots.

Wow ok, this episode was actually good....

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So the asshole engineer is now powering the Nipple Drive....fuck me man. Didn´t they say the whatever frontal cortex of that Tard thing is like the most advanced supercomputer ever? And it´s like a special kinda connection thingy unheard of before?
    Three weeks later a hypospray full of Tard juice lets a human perform the same task? Jesus christ. Also that expositional dialogue scene where they tried to shove teamwork and bonding between the 3 most annoying characters on this fucking show down my throat made me almost throw up. Having this shit beaten in by a hammer would feel less forced than this. Also basically everything on the Klingon prisoner ship was meh. The only redeemable aspect of this episode was minimal lense flares and dutch angles.

So the asshole engineer is now powering the Nipple Drive....fuck me man. Didn´t they say the whatever frontal cortex of that Tard thing is like the most advanced supercomputer ever? And it´s like a special kinda connection thingy unheard of before?
    Three weeks later a hypospray full of Tard juice let´s a human perform the same task? Jesus christ. Also that expositional dialogue scene where they tried to shove teamwork and bonding between the 3 most annoying characters on this fucking show down my throat made me almost throw up. Having this shit beaten in by a hammer would feel less forced than this. Also basically everything on the Klingon prisoner ship was meh. The only redeemable aspect of this episode was minimal lense flares and dutch angles.
    You are right.. Still though it was a step up from the previous.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is this the first Star Trek in which they actually said "fuck"?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Is this the first Star Trek in which they actually said "fuck"?
    Yes it is indeed and it felt out of place as hell. I swear every fucking 2nd word but profanity in Star Trek is a fucking no go. Just another case of "look at how edgy we are" bullshit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yes it is indeed and it felt out of place as hell. I swear every fucking 2nd word but profanity in Star Trek is a fucking no go. Just another case of "look at how edgy we are" bullshit.
    And the 2nd time they said it was so obviously "Hey audience, yes we swore. Aren't we cool?" They might as well have winked at the camera.

I think this is an unfortunate consequence of streaming not being beholding to prime-time censoring. And while prior ST movies technically avoided it, the lack of swearing could've been considered a nod of continuity toward their specific characters. But yeah, 3edgy5me.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I prefer the word substitution method other shows have used. Frak was a good one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast