+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Also that Daft Punk looking motherfucker...
    Holy fuck I´m done hahahaha. Thanks for making my night man I needed this laugh.

Also, I NEED a RLM Mr. Plinkett review of this trainwreck once they cut this show after season 1.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Idgaf what the producers say, the Klingons look more like Into Darkness Klingons, so this shit is Kelvin.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Also that Daft Punk looking motherfucker, when it's clearly documented that Data is the first artificial life form to serve in Starfleet.

Fuck if I keep going with this I'm gonna get so damn salty.
    I haven't watched this yet. Are you fucking for real? They put an android in Starfleet that predates Data? How does that make any fucking sense? One of my favorite TNG episodes is Measure of A Man. How the fuck does that episode happen in a universe that already had an android officer? God damn, I am already salty and I haven't even downloaded this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I haven't watched this yet. Are you fucking for real? They put an android in Starfleet that predates Data? How does that make any fucking sense? One of my favorite TNG episodes is Measure of A Man. How the fuck does that episode happen in a universe that already had an android officer? God damn, I am already salty and I haven't even downloaded this yet.
    He looks android'ish, but no one ever spoke to or about him and so we know nothing about him. So it's possible he's just some weird alien. Reminded me of a Breen slightly.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler: show
    He's probably dead now anyway, and his secrets probably went with him.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Second ep was p trash. I'll give it one more.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Second ep was p trash. I'll give it one more.
    To be fair none of the first seasons of any Star Trek series have been particularly good.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Practically a tradition that season one of a Star Trek show has to be near-unwatchable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I personally like the direction so far. Burnham's story arc is going to be the exact opposite of Riker's and Paris's redemption. Fraught with fates much worse than those two suffered. It's got a sorta BSG feel to it, and of course, its the first two episodes of a new star trek series. It'll be stiff and a bit off. It was at least as good as Encounter at Far Point, better than "The Cage" or "The Menagerie (AKA the TOS pilot remake)" Definitely around the same stiffness of the DS9 and VOY openers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

not being able to either stream it on one of the reasonable platforms (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon) or catch it on broadcast tv... I'll probably just wait a year or so and hope it hits netflix. If not it's pirate time. I'd love to have a new trek show to watch, but I'd rather do another full watch-thru of DS9 or TNG than pay cbs a subscription fee for ONE SHOW. I already do that with HBO for GOT... at least HBO has other quality content that I should be watching even if im not.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    not being able to either stream it on one of the reasonable platforms (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon) or catch it on broadcast tv... I'll probably just wait a year or so and hope it hits netflix. If not it's pirate time. I'd love to have a new trek show to watch, but I'd rather do another full watch-thru of DS9 or TNG than pay cbs a subscription fee for ONE SHOW. I already do that with HBO for GOT... at least HBO has other quality content that I should be watching even if im not.
    At least GoT itself is quality content. This, so far, is not.

Also thought the Klingon talking was off somehow, but I'm more of a casual trek fan so just assumed I wasn't remembering what it sounded like right or somethin.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't remember the code syntax but RLM have weighed in. Not going to watch myself since I've yet to find time to catch these episodes yet but here yah go.

Someone can fix the link till I get hime if they want

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well not the Mr. Plinkett review I´ve wished for but it´s RLM. Haven´t watched it yet but oh boy I can´t wait lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just watched ep 3.

Holy fuck this farce. All I can think of is all that wasted budget could´ve made for a really good Star Trek show. I think I hated this ep even more than the first two. It´s like they kinda tried to make something Star Trek but failed horribly. For starters, a Tribble in the Captains Room. Cause you know Picard had a fish and also REMEMBER TRIBBLES GUYS REMEMBER!? Holy shit. Next up why the hell does everything have to be dark and grim as fuck? Black Star Fleet badges? Black Alert (I almost shat myself laughing at this)? Away team rocking all tactical vests n shit. Mangled fuckin corpses in piles. An alien monster creature thing (reminded me so much of Star Wars TFA Raktars and all the bad Star Trek "monster" episodes just darker). This fucking red haired chick that can´t shut the fuck up is the worst. "I´m gonna be a Captain one day." The fuck are you Monkey D Luffy or something? Also nope you´re never going to be Captain. The Chief Engineer is an unlikeable asshole whose sole purpose is expositional dialoge. The Captain is a decent actor but as far as I´m aware he doesn´t like the show himself. Also once again a shitload of tech that makes zero sense in that timeline and would rather fit 50 years after Voyager. Could go on and on but yeh I´d rather have them NOT try to make a Star Trek episode again. Just stick to explosions and lots of CGI battles and get this season over with.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The black alert part really irked the hell out of me. I am now a little curious at least, but it would've been a whole lot more enjoyable without the Star Trek label on it. I didn't hate it, I just really didn't enjoy it, and the acting was bad even by early TOS standards. it's like they listed what features that need to be in, then just threw it into a mixmaster to see what came out.

The entire scene with her crawling through the vents reciting Alice in wonderland was freaking horrendous.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Totally forgot to mention that aswell. Rarely have I seen something that felt this forced.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah I'm done with this.

Star Trek isn't about war. There's plenty of shows out there for it. There's no adventure or whimsy. It's just hard scifi. Really shitty hard scifi.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Yeah I'm done with this.

Star Trek isn't about war. There's plenty of shows out there for it. There's no adventure or whimsy. It's just hard scifi. Really shitty hard scifi.
    Thing is Star Trek can be about war as seen in the Dominion War arc of DS9, which are arguably some of the best Trek episodes ever. It just has to be done right. Agree with the rest of your statement tho.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ignoring the bad acting, or all the glaring continuity errors, I think just the dark depressing nature of everything so far is the worst part.

Even the gloomier episodes of DS9 (which is mostly the darkest Star Trek up to now) still maintained a sense of humor or lighter side stories. So heavily putting the focus on one single character and all her mopey bullshit is just... bleh

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In previous shows characters had some character trait that made them stand out, for some it was only accent, for others it was constant grumpiness like doctor McCoy. It made hem charming. In this show it feels like all the characters have their unique way to annoy you instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast