BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This could be a show only about Georgiou and I wouldn't mind

So this is back. What a really shiity first ep lol. The writing was cringe worth as usual. After a not so bad ending of last season I expected better.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I just ... I don't know, I feel obligated to watch it somehow but I can't say I'm enjoying it.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Even when I -try- to be a responsible legit adult I can't get a §#"!%¤ hold of it. How many of these streaming services am I supposed to have? we're getting back to cable days except more VOD.

/grumpyoldmanrant

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah, especially if you're not in the states. they apparently pulled the deal where it would be on Netflix abroad and said "just get Paramount next year when we make it available" which is pretty shitty

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Even when I -try- to be a responsible legit adult I can't get a §#"!%¤ hold of it. How many of these streaming services am I supposed to have? we're getting back to cable days except more VOD.

/grumpyoldmanrant
    Yea I saw non US peeps got shafted =/ it sucks, on a bright side the first episode was shit. lol

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A decent VPN that allows p2p is cheaper than a streaming service. Only streaming service I technically pay for is Amazon, and that just comes as a bonus with my free shipping. I guess maybe HBO Max though that just comes with my internet.

I'm all for doing things the proper legal way generally speaking, but with every content producer having their own service it's just too goddamn inconvenient managing so many different subscriptions and apps.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Who needs a VPN when there's lookmovie

The ads suck but I can always find what I want when the apps are being ass

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    A decent VPN that allows p2p is cheaper than a streaming service. Only streaming service I technically pay for is Amazon, and that just comes as a bonus with my free shipping. I guess maybe HBO Max though that just comes with my internet.

I'm all for doing things the proper legal way generally speaking, but with every content producer having their own service it's just too goddamn inconvenient managing so many different subscriptions and apps.
    I still use my vpn for p2p but at the same time, I have a nice set up at home and easy access to dolby vision/atmos content is worth the sub for me on stuff like disney and hbo max.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sailing the high seas doesn't mean lower quality as long as you've got the storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Sailing the high seas doesn't mean lower quality as long as you've got the storage space.
    I hear you but its just easier and quicker to stream it lol. I have unlimited data caps but these larger files have much less seeds and well takes forever to dl.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    they apparently pulled the deal where it would be on Netflix abroad
    Man, I only wish it was on Netflix in Canada. Bell has the streaming rights here and their "Crave" service is the absolute worst streaming service I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    I just ... I don't know, I feel obligated to watch it somehow but I can't say I'm enjoying it.
    Obligation to Star Trek in general? I fell off mid-season 3 and didn't end up finishing it before I cancelled my one-month sub to aforementioned shit-tier service. There's so much plot convenience shit happening and forced "character-building" interactions it hurts my head. You can't have every season be a build up to the next big encounter.

Who ever does the onset effects... ooof. why?
    Ship gets damaged, I get the sparks etc, but they added these flame throwers to the back panels and holy shit it looks dumb as fuck. Every scene switch you see this very nicely controlled same sized flame shooting out of the panels thats supposed to be damage.. that really pissed me off. You would think in the future they have systems in place to quicly stop fires on a star ship.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Filming didn't finish until August 2021, it stared airing in November 2021.
    The turnaround on post is probably batshit, and is probably gonna make someone snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Filming didn't finish until August 2021, it stared airing in November 2021.
    The turnaround on post is probably batshit, and is probably gonna make someone snap.
    These effects are not post, they are on set effects..

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but special effects in post are at their best when they have something practical to work of off, rather than being added whole cloth out of nothing.
    I bet you it was supposed to be improved on, but there was a case of "we got tons of other shit to do, it's good enough, move on".

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Yeah, but special effects in post are at their best when they have something practical to work of off, rather than being added whole cloth out of nothing.
    I bet you it was supposed to be improved on, but there was a case of "we got tons of other shit to do, it's good enough, move on".
    I get it but it looked so amature. Like every fucking scene and camera switch had this small burst of flame coming out of the consoles over and over. It was so noticeable that it was not a fire caused by dmg but a controlled flame shooting out like you would do in a play or something lol.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Great EP today. They are really trying to make this star trek again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    So this is back. What a really shiity first ep lol. The writing was cringe worth as usual. After a not so bad ending of last season I expected better.
    Almost exactly a year apart yet exactly how I feel.

This season...blaaaaaaahhhhh. Idk if I can keep watching at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Almost exactly a year apart yet exactly how I feel.

This season...blaaaaaaahhhhh. Idk if I can keep watching at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    And we will still keep watching lol

Why the fuck is every problem on this show, solved by Michael Burnam or the resolution is Michael Burnam? Jesus Christ. I was trying to catch up to the last 2 episodes while waiting on queues in FFXIV and literally just turned the shit off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag