+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    So is Zach also joining with a family member? Or is it like CT and Tina in Cutthroat?
    Guessing it's like CT and Tina in Cutthroat. Could be wrong.

After this week's two episodes:

Standings:
    Headspace 305
    Byrd 305
    Xno Kappa 295
    Valisk 275
    Tyven 250
    Moss 185

Top Contestants:
    Jenna 110
    Cory 105
    Cara Maria 100
    Aneesa 95
    KellyAnne 95
    Tony 95
    Thomas 90

Found a scoring error, as well. Christina was getting Cara Maria's episode survival points. So if you have Christina, sorry, you lost some points.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Lost my best player in Leroy yet finally gained Abram. Jenna still producing on dem challenges though!
    Wut?!? I drafted Abram, broski.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fuck your right! Got his brother.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was thinking Abram had mellowed and calmed down. Guess not; that's video taken before the taping of the aftershow for tonight's episode.

BG Level

What an outrageous Pit.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Great episode. The Aftershow is worth watching, for sure.

Standings:
    Valisk 335
    Byrd 330
    Xno Kappa 330
    Headspace 325
    Tyven 275
    Moss 195

Contestant Points to Date:
    Cory 120 YES
    Cara Maria 115 YES
    Jenna 115 YES
    KellyAnne 100 YES
    Thomas 100 NO

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

OH NO I AM FALLING BEHIND

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I was so concerned that Mike was going to lose and send Abe home after seeing something on the Mtv Twitter saying "Should Abe have gone after Bananas instead of Tom?" Etc.

But dat sledgehammer form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Speaking of Bananas, what was up with him voting for Nany a couple weeks ago. I understand she was a lame duck based on the pre-vote convos, but didn't Bananas go first when actual voting started? Seems like he is off his strategic game.

Abe is a fucking nut job. I don't see how anyone puts up with a mentally ill, out of shape dickhead. Kudos to Cara Marie. It would have been so much more boss if Abram changed the way he phrased the request to put Tony's team in the elimination when talking to Cara Marie. If he would have said "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, that you're going to vote them in" instead of the other way around, my mind would have been blown.

With CT returning for a brief appearance, I need to find the clip where he went ape shit, Juggernaut mode chasing down Adam. Probably the greatest moment in Challenge history.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fantasizr Standings, for what its worth:

Byrd's Beavers 151
    2 Live Crew 144
    Team Get Mad 80

Gonna be honest, not sure who is who (other than the first), because I'm kind of drunk.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm 2 Live Crew, drunky.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Standings after Week 8:

Valisk 380
    Xno Kappa 350
    Headspace 345
    Byrd 330
    Tyven 300
    Moss 195

Contestants:
    Cory 135
    Jenna 135
    Cara Maria 130
    KellyAnne 105
    Thomas 100

Spreadsheets are e-mailed out.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

CT's appearance was pretty lackluster. Mad feels though for Diem's sister participating.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spreadsheets sent out. This season is just meh, and I can't believe I'm looking forward to next season already.

At least this week gave us Creepy Uncle Vince and some CT back in action.

Very cool challenge this week, though. It's too bad this terribly designed season really doesn't give anyone a real reason to try and win. I gave 5 bonus points to the four guys who finished because at least they fucking tried.

Next week, though, we're back to Bloodlines teams. That should help.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Mike is dumb. Had the #s to force Vince in the Pit

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Mike is dumb. Had the #s to force Vince in the Pit

I don't understand how people can constantly let Bananas skate without making him earn it. He coasts the finals or towards the end every year, and he doesn't care who he has to eliminate to get there. I don't understand the temporary alliance people form with him when they don't know if it will last 10 challenges or 1. Filthy.

CT and Zach bodied that shit. That was awesome. The guys should have been smart enough to play for longest time and not to try to win by force. Thought whoever went 2nd was at a huge advantage. Nope!

GATTACA!

BG Level

finally caught up on the episodes - agree with Byrd in that it's poorly designed. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that there would never be a reason for guys to try on a girl elimination day, etc

and yeah, makes no sense that Bananas never gets thrown in. was a real disappointment that dario and raphy derped so hard in the elim. because they at least had some cojones

episode 9 was the most frustrating yet with everyone too chickenshit to vote in vince. I wanted mike and abe to win

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    finally caught up on the episodes - agree with Byrd in that it's poorly designed. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that there would never be a reason for guys to try on a girl elimination day, etc(
    In fact, if you're on a guy-girl team, you *want* to lose on days when you're immune, and your partner wants to lose on days when they're immune. It's stupid. I guess the disadvantage of being on a male-female team is counter-acted by this fact, so perhaps that's not as unfair as I originally thought (50% immune 100% of the time is equivalent to 100% immune 50% of the time). I haven't seen last night's episode yet, so hopefully that format is over, but sheesh, it was terribly designed.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    In fact, if you're on a guy-girl team, you *want* to lose on days when you're immune, and your partner wants to lose on days when they're immune. It's stupid. I guess the disadvantage of being on a male-female team is counter-acted by this fact, so perhaps that's not as unfair as I originally thought (50% immune 100% of the time is equivalent to 100% immune 50% of the time). I haven't seen last night's episode yet, so hopefully that format is over, but sheesh, it was terribly designed.
    I like the ideas of having contestants paired with family members and being on separate teams but still "tied" for the purpose of eliminations is interesting - but it was pretty badly implemented.

Episode 9 was the most annoying of the season by far but I forgot to bitch about the elimination. Having CT and Zach as guest participants is a dumb gimmick, especially when the challenge is purely physical and designed for them to dominate. Oh yay, we get to see who loses the slowest! Mike was way too small for either CT or Zach but maybe he has a chance against Jamie. You also introduce the possibility that one of the guys is better than the other at the challenge making it unfair. Dumb choice on the show's part just for the purpose of "oh em gee CT and Zach!" Who gives a fuck, Zach hasn't really done shit on the Challenge anyway to be labeled a "legend" like CT

Random thought, but I miss the season with the pairs where the Vets had a draft after the newbies completed combine-type testing. They should do the testing and draft for new Challenge-folk every year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast