1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Especially with the limited weekly scrips associated with crafting maybe, just maybe, gil might have a point in this game.

Once thing that really caught my interest was a page on r/ffxiv talking about how they test dungeons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...y_released_jp/

The staffs perform final quality checks on Dungeons by playing roles they're not accustomed to, leading to situations like DPSes that only cares about their DPS, Tanks panicking because of that, casual healers, etc.
    I wonder if they play on a PS3 with one hand tied behind their back?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

nvm.. Wrong thread

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    But unfortunately, the entire mentality about PF in NA communities would have to shift for that to start happening. I occasionally see A1S clear parties in PF on my server, but never anything beyond that, and I have no idea how successful those ventures normally are.
    I believe the greatest roadblock to encouraging more players to clear via the PF in NA is the reward for players looking to help and the penalties for those who have yet to clear. The PF was heavily used for the first three primals, speed runs, and first and second coil. Primals were repeatable, dropped good items, and didn't have any penalties for having already cleared that week. Speed runs are obviously a thing of the past now so there's no need to use anything other than the DF for your daily, but once again they are repeatable. Then the difficulty increase from Coil to Alexander savage turned a lot of players away from endgame. A1S and A2S have much higher DPS checks than any of the first two fights in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Coil, which makes pugging them far more difficult even though their mechanics are fairly simple. For most NA players spending time in a PF pug these days carries a lot more risk because of that increased difficulty. Therefore, few players will use it and even fewer who have already cleared will join to help because there's a lack of incentives.

I said it earlier in this thread. The rewards that currently exist in the game are absolutely awful for the work that is required. I'd even argue that the rewards for savage are terrible when you consider the amount of time spent to clear them compared to a previous set of coil. Also, I believe there's no title for clearing this time and they didn't even add a minion as they did with T13. So instead, players are given the same set of rewards if not less for what amounts to more work.

The move towards a less vertical style of gear progression could possibly come as early as 3.2, if the dev team are even thinking about it at all. With the revamp of materia usage and the supposed bone they're going to be throwing crafters as far as usefulness/strength of crafted gear, combined with the randomness of aetherial gear drops in Sea of Clouds airship ventures, it all gives me the impression that perhaps they will be rebalancing stat weights (again) to favor more gear mixes. What is the point, after all, of using materia in your gear if the materia only affects your job's performance by such a small percent? I can't imagine they are going to leave the system as it is now with all the item changes they are supposedly going to make.
    I also don't believe any sort of revamp to the materia system will improve the biggest issue this game has currently and that is the oversimplification of stats. What's the point of allowing the players some choice on their gear when the only intelligent options are split between 4 different stats, main stat, VIT, crit, and det? Some players may use skill or spell speed, but the four I listed will probably account for a majority of players' individual choices. They're even limiting how much of a main stat or VIT to 1 or 2 slots as well. I just don't see the materia system adding that much extra value when there are so few options with no unique stats for players to choose from.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

^I was hoping more for an overall stat rebalance to make secondary stats stronger than they are right now (at current, they are almost completely pointless). If SE wants people throwing materia for secondary stats into gear, they better make it somewhat useful instead of a less than 1% improvement.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm actually curious as to how Diadem will mix with Void Ark. If speculation is correct and Void Ark only has iLV200 items, then will it be advantageous to skip Void Ark and just spam Diadem for higher level gear? After all, the lockout on Diadem is much less restrictive.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wouldnt be the first time they invalidate a piece of content on the day it comes out

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I'm actually curious as to how Diadem will mix with Void Ark. If speculation is correct and Void Ark only has iLV200 items, then will it be advantageous to skip Void Ark and just spam Diadem for higher level gear? After all, the lockout on Diadem is much less restrictive.
    everyone should still be doing Void Ark once a week to get their coat/twine.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Fun, glamour and the weekly reward. Plus, if you can't solo stuff reliably on the easy-mode island, you'll have to join parties to for the chance to greed items with decent stats. Lots of people won't run with randoms, so they will be waiting for their friends to do Diadem. Until then, there's no real reason not to do Void Ark even if you're in full i200 eso(assuming you're referring to the majority of players that only have 210 accessories at best).

But mostly, nothing beats the comedy that comes out of 24man raids lol