BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I just got around to watching this. (My backlog is a thing that would send weaker beings into despair.)
    Never read the books, so can't speak to faithfulness, but the quality of the show is pretty good.
    It's certainly better done than any of the genre series ABC Family has put out. Been a long time since I've seen them, but probably better than the Renaissance Pictures stuff, and Hercules & Xena ran for over 100 episodes each.
    The acting is fine as well. Certainly not award worthy, but I've seen worse performances out of Starz and even the BBC.

E. Body
    BG Level

Vastly different from the books. I just got into reading them after this. Finished the first then started on the second book to see how it matches up, and wow. It's pretty different except for the main plot points. I'm actually pretty surprised at how much they changed. Not for good or bad, but they actually put in a lot of work rewrote a lot of things. For example (so far) Wil isn't as dumb as he seems, and his background isn't the same. They scrunched up the Amberle/Elven events quite a bit to start.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

The books are just fucking fantastic.

When you're done with that plot series, pick up The Talismans of Shannara (4 book series). It's incredible. My favorite fantasy book series.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Good to see. We recorded the 2hr premiere but didn't get around to watching it until the season was over, and by that time, no reruns.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Binge watched this. Huge Terry Brooks fan.

First few episodes were great. Good CGI, beautiful cinematography, only marginally laughable acting. Towards the end though, it's like they ran out of money. The opening Furies and Demons were all how I'd expect the demons to be from the books (just terrifying beings that rip everyone to shreds). However by the last few episodes, they were basically like glorified LARP characters. The show also diverged wildly from the source material, to its own demise.

You never really feel the looming threat of the demons or anything, and the demon army did not feel like it was anywhere close to capable of sweeping across the world to destroy everything. Shit should have been just a massive army of Furies and other terrible terrible things that are just unkillable and fucking other-wordly. Instead it was just LOTR battle orcs in shitty costumes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So this got moved to Spike? Could be a good thing.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First season of this was crap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut