1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Wouldn't mind the AoE thing, but there is nothing like going through your combo with muscle memory only to find it got fucked two steps ago due to LoS/range.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What happened to being able to queue for DF with Companion out?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    baby steps. You can now mount w/ your companion out so progress

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Since it counts as a party member and they largely copy your data when you register (and accept) the duty finder prompt..it will probably never happen.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's not a very convincing excuse. As birds are never legitimate DF members, even the most rudimentary coder should be able to recognize and exclude them.

I'd actually like to see a system that lets you use birds in instanced content when you are at less than full capacity. But that's me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gonna need to give up another dungeon per patch to make it happen.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That's not a very convincing excuse. As birds are never legitimate DF members, even the most rudimentary coder should be able to recognize and exclude them.

I'd actually like to see a system that lets you use birds in instanced content when you are at less than full capacity. But that's me.
    Therein lies the point: It's such a simple fix but their system is so convoluted it's likely never going to be fixed lol since every time he's asked about it he dodges the question or facedesks and talk abouts about hard it is. So it's definitely something to do with their queue system in general since he said the servers copies your entire data everytime you hit "commence" and if your companion is summoned, logically that data would would copy over stating you had your chocobo summoned on the current system.

So yeah, it's quite the easy fix.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's probably because parties are, right now, "all or nothing". All members of the party (however many that is) are in queue, or none. I'm guessing that parties have an internal ID number somewhere, and parties are maintained as a full set. Rather than placing each individual member in the queue, the party is just added to the queue. This includes "parties" of solo people. They would likely have to rewrite the duty finder code to keep track of individual members treated as a party, instead of just a party.

* [2.0] The matching algorithm for Duty Roulette has been adjusted to reduce wait times.

I bet that's exactly what they've done, and they want to test it live before they implement anything new like queuing with birds out.

Edit: Nevermind, reread "roulette" part. SE isn't smart.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Since it counts as a party member and they largely copy your data when you register (and accept) the duty finder prompt..it will probably never happen.
    They could simply just add an option to the DF menu that lets you queue solo while in a group, then require you to ditch party/bird before you can accept because god forbid the game doesn't just do that for you.

Cassalot

I still cannot understand why they are separating the expert dungeons now from the new dungeons. WTF

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

well, we ARE getting a new roulette out of it. moar tomes! but yeah, Expert should be 4

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    I still cannot understand why they are separating the expert dungeons now from the new dungeons. WTF
    I think their excuse was always "different ilvl requirements" and "different ilvl rewards" which isn't a very good excuse

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly, patch looks good. There isn't a TON of new content, but that content should keep everyone busy for a while. I will be majorly impressed if Skynamis is as fun as it sounds, if KOTR is truly mid-tier difficulty level (between Alex NM and savage), and if Void Ark actually does have multiple routes to choose from.

I've always said they save QoL adjustments for major patches so they can pad them out and make them look way bigger than they are. If that was true of any patch it's this one, jeez. Happy with the massive QoL adjustments, a lot of that stuff was sorely needed.

Now if only they can keep up that number of adjustments per patch. There is still a lot more stuff that needs to be fixed, but this is a very good start.

Can't wait for the return of hunt drama! That's one thing Siren does just as well as any server!

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Honestly, patch looks good. There isn't a TON of new content, but that content should keep everyone busy for a while. I will be majorly impressed if Skynamis is as fun as it sounds!
    Basically this ^^. I know a lot of people are being super cynical but I am looking forward until Tuesday. This isn't the patch that will fix whats broken, but it will give us stuff to do. Maybe with the Red Scrip Crafting Mat changes I can bring myself to craft some AF for myself. Maybe the Explorations will be fun. Maybe with a bit of ilvl/singularity weapon madness my group can finally get into the killing of A4S before 3.2 hits (pipe dream, thanks yoshiP).

Maybe I won't go completely insane because hunts are STILL the most idiotic excuse for zerg content there is in this game and they need to stop making them relevant and start fixing them to not be a circus of morons.

Maybe this patch won't fix whats wrong, but maybe we can have some fun with it while we hope that 3.2 fixes Savage, Crafting and Gathering and finally makes PvP something people want to do for something besides that 40eso per day.

If Airship explorations aren't really fun it's going to crash hard.....

The fact that they're adding Twines to hunts in the same patch is not a point in the event's favor.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind hunts. It's funny watching people flip out over it and I don't care if they pull early. I never do the moan and groan exercise that everyone here seems to do each time hunts become re-relevant. It may not exactly be fun to farm them but I don't think it's the worst thing ever (although the people involved sometimes make it pretty amusing). Then again I wouldn't exactly mind if they got rid of hunts entirely, either.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The only reason hunts were such a problem at 3.0 was because they were the ONLY way to get Law upgrade items. Now they'll be one of two ways to get law and eso upgrade items. That's fine. Hunts will be alive, but enough people will say "fuck that" that it shouldn't be too bad.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    They could simply just add an option to the DF menu that lets you queue solo while in a group, then require you to ditch party/bird before you can accept because god forbid the game doesn't just do that for you.
    I clearly remember in Tera how you can queue for something and join a party right afterwards and even enter an instance with that other party and do things. Once the queue would pop, it would pull you out of your current party and into the queue party. So clearly it's not some technical marvel that SE can't reproduce.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    The only reason hunts were such a problem at 3.0 was because they were the ONLY way to get Law upgrade items. Now they'll be one of two ways to get law and eso upgrade items. That's fine. Hunts will be alive, but enough people will say "fuck that" that it shouldn't be too bad.
    On the upside, at least we don't have any god damn instanced PVE zones now to screw with us this time around.

What a mess that ended up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I clearly remember in Tera how you can queue for something and join a party right afterwards and even enter an instance with that other party and do things. Once the queue would pop, it would pull you out of your current party and into the queue party. So clearly it's not some technical marvel that SE can't reproduce.
    Wildstar has a similar system. You can either queue as a group or queue solo (it's two buttons on the same menu). When you zone into the instance solo you get put into your instance party, but you still remain in your outdoor party as well iirc unless they booted you during your dungeon run.
    Spoiler: show
    Current state of Wildstar seems to do a lot of shit right in terms of handling/QoL that ARR lacks.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DF for the newer summon fights.. finally.. maybe now I can clear them.