Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Special Anniversary Battle Event: A Feast Most Dire (11/09/2015)

Special Anniversary Battle Event: A Feast Most Dire (11/09/2015)

From Wednesday, November 11th (XI Day), grab hold of Bahamut-themed gear and, if eligible, take part in a special battlefield to pit your wits and mettle against the worst wyrm the world has yet to witness!

Event Period

From Tuesday, November 10 at 7:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, November 30 at 6:59 a.m. (PST).

How to Participate

Begin by inspecting the Mystic Upswell in the following locations and acquiring the Wyrmking Masque and Wyrmking Suit.

West Ronfaure (I-6) / South Gustaberg (J-7) / West Sarutabaruta (J-8)

After equipping both items, inspect the Mystic Upswell again and select "Get moogle magicked." The resulting enchantment will allow you to confront the dreadwyrm.
    *When under the effect of the moogle magic, your level will be restricted to level five.
    *To remove the enchantment, inspect the Mystic Upswell and select "Have moogle magic removed."

Reaping the Spoils

During the battle, earn kupoints by dealing damage to the dreadwyrm and healing friendly PCs or NPCs. Kupoints can then be exchanged at the Mystic Upswell for a variety of prizes. In addition to special fireworks, prizes include ciphers of Kupofried's alter ego, as well as key items required to access the most coveted battlefields.

Such a....weird event. Neat clothing though lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The main picture shows bahamut suit in ru'aun....I got so excited for a special event against 119 bahamut.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

any tips to beating this?? sems impossible to solo his HP is crazy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The dreadwyrms or the BCNM fights?

Campaign
    BG Level

He's talking about the BC clearly, lot of health, kinda hard to solo unless you're on BLU.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh didn't want to assume. Some people were having trouble with the wyrms. Do you have to solo it?

Campaign
    BG Level

The BC? I don't think you "have" to solo. Can likely party up with anybody who has the KI I guess. Or maybe only one KI is enough to enter and other people can help, dunno, haven't tried.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah just tried it and it said it was cleared by a pt of 2 so definitely can team up.

Anyways dealing enough dmg doesn't really seem to be that big of an issue to me. I just timed out with it at 15% just messing around with no trusts using a 400 jp pup/whm not engaged, no trusts, using the tank model, in a full dt set because I forgot to bring my dmg pieces. Fairly certain I could've won if I had used trusts if only to tank so my auto could attack more instead of being slept or terrored all the time. Or if I had used a different frame or brought more offensive gear or meleed as well behind it or had 1200 jp etc. Dispel would've been nice too. Bet a sch could make rather quick work of this or a sam

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Soloed it on BLU, the flares get stronger as his HP goes down so your trusts might die. Just have to keep magical defenses up towards the end. Or just be SMN or BST and you can ignore most of it lol.

Stun does work once or twice but then he resists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also something I noticed most the moves don't have huge ranges. Didn't really test out all the ranges specifically but I stayed in casting range and only thing that hit me was the dispel move that even eats food. So could probably do some different sides hijinks or just nuke at a distance while trust tanks zerging the last bit if your tank dies

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this event can totally troll you with really crappy drops like attachments or food no one would ever eat or this gem...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So this event can totally troll you with really crappy drops like attachments or food no one would ever eat or this gem...

I got a Ru'Aun Coffer Key and a Bibikibo (seahorse...) which made me think that this is literally just another Gobbie Box Special Dial spin. Didn't exactly motivate me to try any more of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So you can get riftcinders from it and when someone does this happens...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ha that must have been the same message I saw Sylvie say tonight. I was going to ask in ls if anyone saw that before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So don't dc in the fight... just dcd only like 4 minutes into the fight come back in about 1 min and it ejects me. 3 times tonight uggg

Anyways triboxed like 12 successfully... best out of all that was probably the M silver piece or 2 balyd boxes. Though getting a cursed kabuto-1 did get the unity to talk about me so yay? Well I guess the Vatic was ok but already had one