Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A Word to All Vana'diel's Adventurers (11/09/2015)

Today we released the November 2015 update for FINAL FANTASY XI.
    This update marks the climax of Iroha's saga in Vana'diel, which began in May of this year. Fight alongside the woman from the future in her struggle against the void and experience how Vana'diel will face the coming age.
    Naoshi Mizuta has composed a stirring melody, the eponymous Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, to encompass all we have experienced to date. The choral section, which utilizes your submissions that we accepted earlier this year, is a shining symbol of the memories we have made over the course of Vana'diel's storied history. I hope you take this chance to remember those irreplaceable friends you have made during your journeys.

As announced in March, we will continue minor version updates through and beyond April 2016. Each month we will bring you battlefields, Record of Eminence additions, balance adjustments, and bug fixes. Vana'diel's story does not end here, and in the near future we are planning a version update for December. We will have further updates in the weeks ahead, so stay tuned for more.

We are continuing to hold and plan the Goddess's Gala, a celebration of FINAL FANTASY XI and Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.
    Among the many things we are planning to bring to you are a mosaic of screenshots you have submitted to us, a blu-ray disc called Priceless Remembrance, and a commemorative publication featuring screenshots recreating the main missions of the original FINAL FANTASY XI and its various expansions.
    We are also going to hold a Return Home to Vana'diel campaign, so look up your friends and invite them back to Vana'diel so they can experience the conclusion of our ultimate scenario. Of course, we have planned a variety of other special campaigns to aid adventurers new and old alike!

It is thanks to the overwhelming support of Vana'diel's many adventurers that we have been able to bring FINAL FANTASY XI to you for fourteen years, and I would like to take this moment to express my heartfelt gratitude. I would also like to offer my deepest appreciation to all departments that have supported us and to all the staff that have worked on developing and operating the game over these many years.

Take the time to fully enjoy all that the development and operations teams have spent days and nights preparing for you in this November version update.

May your adventures in FINAL FANTASY XI be fruitful!

Akihiko Matsui
    Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...05/detail.html

Guess this means there are going to be more battlefields in the future.

Campaign
    BG Level

I guess that's... good?
    If it turns to be supported by facts as well, otherwise it's just sweet talking to sugar the pill.
    Time will tell, but for now it's a good news.

If it REALLY will come to be true, it makes you wonder who the hell handled public relationship communication when they announced the end of service in March.
    Unless it's a matter of them changing their mind on the way through from then 'til now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They never announced the end of service in March. That was just the end of console service.

e: Wonder if we'll see that Blu-ray in NA.

It was always console service ending in March.

I'm really hoping for an NA release too. We've gotten so little in the way of memorabilia that it makes me sad.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Press F to salute.

F

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm talking about the original announcement.
    Didn't they announce RoV and end of support/patches in march 2015?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No. The only thing they announced the end of was PS2/360 and major updates.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes, and didn't that happen in march 2015?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

2016... not 2015.

Campaign
    BG Level

I think we are experiencing some communication issues here.
    I am talking about the original announcement made by Matsui during the FFXI festival, where we were all expecting grand things and everything that came out were Online service developed by third party (korea), a mobile game, Rhapsody of Vana'diel and some confusing declarations which led us all to think that content development and release would stop after the "end of FFXI" (i.e. end of RoV) in the November patch.
    These original communications happened in march 2015.

You are thinking about the PS2/X360 support drop, which will happen supposedly in march 2016, or so we've been told.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They never said end of support, only end of "major patch updates" which most people thought it meant any kind of content. Originally it was thought we would only get bug fixes and balance adjustments. Now they are saying they are going to add more content and stuff and its confusing. I'm guessing they changed their mind along the way, it didn't do much for the damage already done but at least those who want to continue have things they can look forward to.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    They never said end of support, only end of "major patch updates"
    True enough, but for many people they are one and the same.

I'm guessing they changed their mind along the way, it didn't do much for the damage already done but at least those who want to continue have things they can look forward to.
    This latest clarification by Matsui raises some additional hope that it's gonna be real stuff released and that it wasn't just a way to sugar the pill.
    And I agree either they changed their mind or the person handling public communications at the time was a masochist schizo or something lol
    Either way, it's good to read what Matsui wrote.
    Now those words need to be supported by solid facts over the next few months though, or it will all be for naught!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's a pretty neat surprise. Glad you all still have things to look forward

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

As long as they can provide at least some kind of content, I would be fine. Hell, they said WoTG was supposed to be the last one...couple of years later we got SoA. Ultimate wish that I know would never happen is a straight port to PC so they could do more updates. Granted it's EQ 1, but that game shows at least some people will play a game this old if given the right content.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

well one of the reasons they gave was that their Dev kits were dying, and couldnt find/too costly to get more. Maybe they are lasting longer than they thought?!

Ive always been hopeful that they would continue some small stuff that didnt take a ton of effort. Was hoping they would finish adding all species to monstrosity some day. But people would say that was major content so it would never happen, and tryin to bum me out lol. So now im more hopeful they will eventually finish it. Obviously will never get that big pvp monstrosity thing they spoke of forever ago unless someone has been workin on it in the back ground, but id be happy with just the species.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dev kits aren't even that hard to find.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Dev kits aren't even that hard to find.
    I somehow feel that if se can't buy official dev kits from SONY they won't buy any. I don't think they will go to eBay and buy a bunch of 15 year old dev kits that may work and is from china. It's just silly to drop support so late in the life of the game, more so for the 360. Games still come out for the 360 .

Ps2 makes sense to drop, 360 not so much.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if things would be different if news of XB1 backwards compatibility had come out before they announced the end of 360 support.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last I heard they actually bought up a good portion of the available dev kits. I'm not sure whether that's just from other game developers or other people.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I wonder if things would be different if news of XB1 backwards compatibility had come out before they announced the end of 360 support.
    probably not. Japanese players wouldnt play FF on an XB if you gave it to them free lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast