Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Maju video:

Maju notes:

-Maju's main gimmick is that if you use the same skillchain before using totally different skillchains a certain number of times it will level up. We use level2 dark>level1 dark>level2 ice>level1 ice>repeat and it never levels up.
    -It can be blinded to prevent/take off Oppressive Gaze which is signified by a red !! proc when blind lands, but it's very resistant to blind, even with bolster lang/focus/ES, so spamming for immunobreak is usually required.
    -While gaze is up, it gains a massive regen that's around 1% per tic.
    -Benediction also cures through the gaze as a last resort if your tank gets terrored, but there's plenty of time for someone paying attention to easily turn in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Had quick tries on the T3s. Killed Yakshi, close on Neak. But you have any tips for Neak? Couldn't really make a dent.
    We'll do Neak video next.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We'll do Neak video next.
    Thx was a typo, ment Neak we got close on a quick try - but Maju was the problem. So the video will help immensely.

Would anybody mind sharing suggestions on recommended content level for Incursion for optimal grand coffer farming? My group and I want to be able to farm more coffers per run, but we also don't want to hit a point where the content takes too long to clear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I 4-box'd most of mine at CL 134 with PLD/BLU, BLM, SCH, GEO with August main tanking the NM and Apururu doing the healing. PLD can easily keep hate on all the adds while BLM does sleepga>sleepga2>breakga rotation. I didn't even bother killing adds, just went right for NM, which all died really fast unless there was a furtive helper out. After NM died I'd just exit and re-enter since getting a new entry KI is faster than dealing with adds/helpers.

I know at 133+ the BLM NM gets access to death, but it was extremely easy to keep it silenced with just indi-focus. I'm not sure what the cutoff point would be, as it would highly depend on gear and setup, but I could see a good mage group doing as far up as 138-140 without having many issues.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You didn't have a token THF? What would you describe your droprate on Grand coffers on 134 without?

We went #YOLO setup today for Tryl 130. 2x BLM SCH GEO WHM + token Thf mule. Just bumrush the room, sleep everything and skillchain down NM with gravity/slow/para and reexit.

I would say...
    20% of runs we got jack
    50% 1 Grand
    20% 2 Grand
    10% 3 Grand

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your grand results were that low at 134? We were spamming 129s with a similar setup albeit more people and most NMs favored 2 grand coffers per run (took 4 runs to make 12 pops for each NM).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We were at 130 sorry missed to add. I think our problem is the NM explodes and the TH is just basic instead of poked up to 9+.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'd probably bring a real THF instead of using August if the option was there, but my grand coffer rate was honestly pretty good with just TH4(GEO/THF+chaac+ionis). Due to the higher ilevel I'd say my average was also around 2 grand/run, so with a THF maybe that'll jump to 3 on average.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ya TH is definetly king in there. The coffer rates seem to be affected as much as Dynamis currency is.

How do you solo Oryx? I tried with August and Amuchuchu as tanks and they just get wrecked

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Gajasimha seems to lvl up when it cure or buff itself. Fulmination <35% (even without lvl up) and can spam it. Can be Silenced/Stunned.

Old Shuck was very easy with a melee/smn zerg setup, melees/avatar could still hit reliably after several lvl up. Sadly we haven't found a way to prevent the howls and our strat involves to use some SPs.

Bashmu uses only physical shield when the first head is cut.

Sarsaok is very weak to magic and very resistant to physical dmg in general. Maybe there is a way to change that a bit like with the Delve Panopt NM.

Ecliptic Growl protects from Mimic/Harpy potent all stats down TP moves, maybe Braver's Drink too?

Yakshi doesn't have a high Regain before using Cordon of Apathy and can be rendered harmless with Mewing Lullaby strat, has 800k~ HP with 9, starts using Elemental Sforzo at 49%.
    I tried some Spinning Dive BPs with Rolanberry Daifuku, Drachen and Bolster or BoG Torpor and couldn't hit at all (aura was present too) while I have no problem to hit anything else in the game now aside of Vir'ava, Kirin and probably WoC, I don't even need acc food/buffs/debuffs for stuff like SR or Vagary. I fear that the accuracy requirements may be very/way too high but really hope to be wrong. Fully buffed DNCs, BLUs and RNGs can reach higher acc levels than my avatars too.

This NM can be popped by fishing in the black orb that pop during the night. Can be fished with Ebisu+1 and 110~ skill but someone with 104 skill couldn't, someone else with Ebisu and 96 skill couldn't either. Drops Exemplar.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post

This NM can be popped by fishing in the black orb that pop during the night. Can be fished with Ebisu+1 and 110~ skill but someone with 104 skill couldn't, someone else with Ebisu and 96 skill couldn't either. Drops Exemplar.
    Any vorseal from it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

None.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeryushin View Post
    How do you solo Oryx? I tried with August and Amuchuchu as tanks and they just get wrecked
    I don't actually have August cause im kind of a gimp but i use both amchuchu and valaineral at the same time for Oryx.

I do a fairly decently geared SCH with Apururu, Amchuchu, Valaineral, Shantotto II, Zeid II; Zeid II could probably be just about anything but i felt like koru would die instantly or most other trusts would be either an mp sync or completely unhelpful, so i opted to use Zeid for some minuscule physical damage and chance of breaking horn, which he did once only to have it instantly brought back by momento. Shantotto II has a weaponskill that makes scission off immanence+fire which saves me strats and then we both magic burst, with her closing i also am generally able to hit more bursts. When she doesn't have TP i use up my strats to constantly make skillchains, when i dont have strats i spam stone spells, a lot. In terms of survival, it probably helps a lot that i get them a good 10 minute regen 5 and a barthunder, you also have to watch for apururu who likes to stand just in range of silencega, i don't silena her everytime but under 50% it becomes far more vital.

You can silence this NM, but its not easy, just about everything else lands easily, minus the terrible damage nukes. As with any strategy, some bad luck will probably still get me killed, but thats what helix magic bursts are for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would caution against a straight melee route on old shuck. The real deal breaker for us was his constant flash spam - even with yagrushes to erase it we still lost a lot of hits that way. While we won with a rng strat, I think you could win it with nothing but summoners as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

110+0 and NQ Ebisu works easily, too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Killed Maju with DNC+SMN DDs on the first try. I wanted to test with RNGs first but feared the possible level ups that might come with Jishnu spam. Acc was capped with Sublime Sushi, SV Mads, Crooked Hunter, Precision, Bolster Torpor, Quickstep and Diamond Storm. Having ALL these buffs, debuffs and SPs is certainly not required though.
    DNC and GEOs were behind the Peiste to avoid Backdraft TP move. The fight wasn't very hard, only drawback was the necessity to switch geo bubbles for Focus/Languor everytime Blind had to be reapplied thus killing DPS for a moment.
    Maju dropped Perimede Cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    I would caution against a straight melee route on old shuck. The real deal breaker for us was his constant flash spam - even with yagrushes to erase it we still lost a lot of hits that way. While we won with a rng strat, I think you could win it with nothing but summoners as well.
    Old Shuck can give us some trouble with a RNG setup. A major trouble is when it moves after howl (hate reset) which can be sometimes problematic if it's followed by Breakga, a 3k Scorching Lash or another Howl but I'm not saying RNG strat is bad, we killed it many times with RNGs. And yes, SMN is a beast, with AC/Bolster my avatar can remove up to 2/3 of Old Shuck's HP... and I don't have access to Revitalizer yet.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Killed Maju with DNC+SMN DDs on the first try. I wanted to test with RNGs first but feared the possible level ups that might come with Jishnu spam. Acc was capped with Sublime Sushi, SV Mads, Crooked Hunter, Precision, Bolster Torpor, Quickstep and Diamond Storm. Having ALL these buffs, debuffs and SPs is certainly not required though.
    Sounds horrible, but the truth is that I was stupid and forgot to eat Sublime Sushi for the first half of the fight. (Doesn't matter, capped hit rate still.) It probably is possible to get away without SPs entirely with some well-augmented Herculean armour, of which I don't have any.

I'd guesstimate Maju's evasion to be somewhere around 1700.

Just caught the frog nm with 100 fishing and ebisu. Doesn't require 110 fishing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

and I don't have access to Revitalizer yet.
    Speaking of which how does one get access to revitalizer?