Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Speaking of which how does one get access to revitalizer?
    Slay 20k mobs total in Escha zones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skudo View Post
    Slay 20k mobs total in Escha zones.
    Nope, because I have had Revitalizer access since I zoned in to the new zone and I had recently gotten the 7th HP/MP upgrade at that point. Unless you're talking about exclusive goblin-buying access, which I think I've also done.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Was going through drops on bgwiki and it seems everything is accounted for except Composer hands/feet, Misanthropy, Sangoma and Dashing subligar. Conductor feet/hands without a doubt comes from Neak, which leaves the other 3 for Teles. Kind of meh drops if Teles is indeed an AV/Kirin tier mob.

Small note about Composer, it'll most likely be like Mindmelter and the total acc/atk will be +50 with songs up, not 80, making them fairly lackluster.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I couldn't buy revitalizer until 20k mob kills, could find in chests before that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

@Ejin

Thx a ton for the info. Finally had some core people on to get to it and won first try on Peist and many more.

Modus Veritas seems to land around 70% on Peiste. Since it takes dark damage well a SCH can also MB with Impact after Noctohelix and Kaustra are on. We however found that even 1 level up will utterly destroy the magic damage it takes tho. So we went on to call out which one is up in PT chat and had no more fuckups after. Easier than I expected with 6 man. Did PLD WHM SCH BLM 2x GEO (1x Idris) for 5 minute fights if nothing went wrong. Only I as SCH used 1x TabulaRasa during the fights to speed things along. Rest didn't use their 2hr.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Did I miss any pop spot ???s here?

http://i.imgur.com/wIbKynk.jpg

Area been pretty congested during JP weekend with 1350 players on. So I did some investigating into spots to use.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I had apparently been getting my Revitalizers from boxes, by the way. When I hit 20k, I could buy them from the Goblin.

I still don't have access to Cleric's Drinks from the Goblin. I'm at 425 NM kills and haven't cleared all the NMs in Zitah (missing pixies) or Ru'Aun (missing gods, AAs, and T3s). Can anyone else buy them?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yes, Clerics drinks are on Page 1 for me for 900 Silt.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Any tips for Neak? Only tried once so far, followed every dispel with Meteor. We were procing white while doing SCs and Nuking Thunder. Not sure what the exact cause of proc was. The Damage he took increased afterwards.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For those of you who aren't going to SC/MB it to death instantly, Dazzling Dolores has a mechanic where she turns and uses Bad Breath when damaged by magic (some percentage of the time). It had nothing to do with the amount of damage the magic does (anything over 0 can trigger it) or the enmity gained by the action (Subtle Sorcery nukes can still pull hate).

Though SC/MB might be an easy kill against her, taking her down with two BLMs (and no skillchains) is a pain in the ass. We did it a few times but it wasn't efficient, so we switched to a melee method and she wasn't a problem.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Dolores gimick is strange... 5 fights in a row she wont move and the next she decides to chase down every caster in an instant.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Dolores's Gimick is due to location/distance of the person. Since i've started making everyone stack on her ass i've had no issues at all in over 20 kills. Her bad breath isn't AoE, you can dodge tainting breath if you move (I just use hex/attunement and hope to not get charmed) the only issue is thousand spears, but if your mages have a -dt set there's no issue.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have noticed when using the right ??? in port 9 Dolores just goes apeshit and emnity doesn't matter, since we moved we never had that problem but have seen multiple groups use that same ??? and noticed the same thing so they either stack up on her or go to another ???.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For what it's worth, in over 30 attempts, I've never once seen her "gimmick" occur with trust tanks, but with a real PLD I've had it occur almost 100% of the time. I'm willing to bet SE fucked up the coding in one way or another.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    For what it's worth, in over 30 attempts, I've never once seen her "gimmick" occur with trust tanks, but with a real PLD I've had it occur almost 100% of the time. I'm willing to bet SE fucked up the coding in one way or another.
    I've seen it occur with both Trust tanks (August two nights ago) and real tanks (Paladin last night). I'm pretty sure it's an intentional mechanic because she always pairs the hate-change with a Bad Breath and returns to the tank with a whip move.

We might have to try standing on her next time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I have noticed when using the right ??? in port 9 Dolores just goes apeshit and emnity doesn't matter, since we moved we never had that problem but have seen multiple groups use that same ??? and noticed the same thing so they either stack up on her or go to another ???.
    This is.... kind of amazing... my LS mates swore up and down that this is the case and I never believed them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We did our pops at warp #3 or the ??? spot on the hill between warps 5/6. It could be that the right spawn at #9 encourages some positional trigger.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

We've fought the malboro at every ??? at #9 with both player/trust tanks, probably like 25 times total, and never seen her do anything except stand there and die.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There is definitely some weird shit going on with enmity and the malboro. Maybe the first three fights I didn't notice, it's definitely there though. I am thinking breath may reset hate on all targets or perhaps it can't gain VE of any kind. /shrug, dunno. I found it's best to stand around it so when hate changes, it doesn't run around and then breath multiple people because positioning is all messed up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Neak
    It becomes very resistant after Discordant Note. White proccing it with a WS removes its resistance. Proc seems to be random (tried WS before/after/during TP moves/spells) but isn't hard to get with magic WSs.

Discordant Note is a sort of Job Ability (it can use it right after a TP Move or Mewing Lullaby) with a recast of 90 seconds. It will always use Note at 13:30 mark and 90 seconds after a proc, it can't use Note during Chainspell however.
    Neak has access to Heavy Stomp, Body Slam, Chaos Blade when it is not under Discordant Note effect.
    Voidsong > Meteor combo, Breath and spells based on one element (Wind, Fire or Water) along with the corresponding elemental spikes when under Discordant Note effect.