BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Reward page missing:

Perimedes Cape - Maju

Does Neak only have 3 drops and fall out of the pattern of the other T3?

Campaign
    BG Level

Does stun work on Old Schuck and if it does how fast does he build resistance?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trinironnie View Post
    If Temprix is giving me the option on a certain aeonic weapon did i lock myself into that one? Didn't know talking to him so much would give you the option to recieve ya axe once you got 500000 pretty stones.
    No, you can switch jobs and it will give you a different option.
    you are locked into whatever you choose to buy, like trading in weapon for mythic.

the only option you have is "give up" if you go to buy another weapon ki.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Neak
    It becomes very resistant after Discordant Note. White proccing it with a WS removes its resistance. Proc seems to be random (tried WS before/after/during TP moves/spells) but isn't hard to get with magic WSs.

Discordant Note is a sort of Job Ability (it can use it right after a TP Move or Mewing Lullaby) with a recast of 90 seconds. It will always use Note at 13:30 mark and 90 seconds after a proc, it can't use Note during Chainspell however.
    Neak has access to Heavy Stomp, Body Slam, Chaos Blade when it is not under Discordant Note effect.
    Voidsong > Meteor combo, Breath and spells based on one element (Wind, Fire or Water) along with the corresponding elemental spikes when under Discordant Note effect.
    It seemed more common to proc soon after the voidsong > Meteor and then during the next tp move, breath stomp, w/e. Also worth noting that it doesn't have any reduced resistance as soon as you pop it, only after you see the first discordant note. Which means at least you can get some dmg in before figuring/timing the ws to proc. Since we focused mage heavy, had the pld and run doing sanguine blade to at least have 100% accuracy for it. However on the very first proc we had on a different evening it wasn't due to a weaponskill, it came after one player did a thunder 1 and another did thunder V.

Also I can link a twitch VoD of Sunday night for the weaponskill procs if someone wants to analyze the timing involved in contrast to the tp moves / spells used by Neak to when it was proc'd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I just fought quetz and on 2/3 of my characters got no items or beads though lots of slit/cp. Anyone see that before?

I noticed that sometimes when it is super laggy items and rewards don't load for Quetz or any of the other 2 wyrms, but if you check inventory they are there. Also check your bead count as it gets added too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Killed Pakecet, Vir'ava, Genbu, Suzaku, and Byakko, and now I can buy Cleric's Drink. Also, Revit definitely was 20k normal mob kills.

Campaign
    BG Level

Nobody is crazy enough to clipper around, but I wonder if someone played around with some strange tools in Reisenjima?
    I'm curious about the "physical" position of Warp 7, 8 and 9.
    I wonder why they didn't create a second zone like 9 and why they didn't make the 9 one a bit bigger than it currently is.
    Also, when you choose to warp using the KI it doesn't immediately warp you to 8, it brings you to another menu where you have another choice but the only option is 8, makes me think that maybe that KI was intended to warp you to multiple areas, the current 8 one and maybe more? Maybe another area added in december related to Aeonic stuff?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Can BP crits break Oryx's horn?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyway to remove the horrible cicada sfx without disabling the games sounds completely? A .DAT removal perhaps?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hito View Post
    Anyway to remove the horrible cicada sfx without disabling the games sounds completely? A .DAT removal perhaps?
    Should be easy enough if you can determine which file is responsible for the sound. Rather than delete the sound file, you'd want to overwrite it with a recording of silence (or some sound that you'd prefer in instead).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    (or some sound that you'd prefer in instead).
    replace it with sound bite of "JOHN CENA"

I think any Crit can break Oyrx's horn but got pretty tired of trying when it just comes right back the very next second. Followed the advise here have a sch/whm Silena/Paralyna whm trust while tank trust is up and SC it down slowly.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Skudo View Post
    110+0 and NQ Ebisu works easily, too.
    What is the best bait for this NM (Ogdoad)?

Also, has anyone popped this NM in the rivers or just mosquito pond?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I got it on both HQ and NQ Ebisu with a Fly Lure. I'll try and see if I can get it in the river later today, but so far, I've only tried in the pond.

Campaign
    BG Level

I bet his Staff isn't augmentable? (It's R/E, not E only)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I find it difficult to get that NM to pop. It seems to be really rare. Is it lottery off of fished up Lentic Toads? Is there any way to differentiate between a toad and Ogdoad NM by stamina?

edit: yes, Ogdoad has higher stamina and can be differentiated. It only dropped a water crystal for me though

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What removes Yaksha's aura? The fight is basically gg for us when it gets it up

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    What removes Yaksha's aura? The fight is basically gg for us when it gets it up
    We never really removed it. JPs said you have to remove it with Light Damage.

Our fights we usually just power it to 50% asap. Damage will get really bad around 60% usually. Seems like you need a whole bunch of more MACC when Aura is up so use Mani Klimaform and +INT from GEO etc. At 50% it usually uses Elemental Sforzo and will take normal damage again. Then around 30% and 10% uses it also and we are able to kill it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It got aura up at 10% and then with bolster idris lang/malaise we took it down to 6% before it roasted us... Maybe it did Sforzo again too so it just seemed like we couldn't do damage, but it was really stupid.