BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I need some investigation done:

Code:
    だいじなものを入手したら、エスカ-ジ・タ、エスカ-ル・オン、醴泉島の順でギアスフェットNMを全て討伐する。ただし天神地祇の薬を使用してはならない(だいじなものを得る際にNPCから警告される)。

神地祇の薬 = Primeval Brew
    This is a quote from the JP wiki here: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/34909.html

It basically says the Goblin tells the JPs that you may not use brew for getting clears for the Aeonic Quest. Is there any way to get to the JP game files for his text and check? It seems odd to me that this fact would be omited from the English version of his text. Yet I can't rule out it getting lost in translation.

This JP blog also talks about Aeonic weapon Quest:

http://punini.blog54.fc2.com/

Code:
    だいじなものを貰ったらエスカ-ジ・タのギアスフェットNMを全部倒します

天神地祇の薬は使っちゃダメと言われますが1100万シルトもするので交換する人はめったにいないかなw
    Lose translation:

"After getting KI you are told to clear all Zitah NM.

Then I was told that using brew would not work, but I wonder who would spend 11 mil silt anyway"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also seems odd that somehow they added a check to see if anyone in your alliance had the trandescence buff up anytime during each fight

Campaign
    BG Level

Would really apreciate some further input on this.
    Haven't seen enough discussion and findings on this NM yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Haven't seen enough discussion and findings on this NM yet.
    Our LS is still brute force magic clearing it with Thunder because thats what we got decked out.

Other LS on server has gone to using super buffed WARs with MightyStrike Resolution spam. Will die in 2 minutes with enough bling, before the howls get too much.

I still know no real gimick or strategy for a kill that would even remotely make it the same difficulty as the other T2s. We tested the theories of no JA use, no WS use, no GEO bubble use but he still went on to happily howl whenever he saw fit.

Campaign
    BG Level

How many times does it level up for you guys on average? And I thought he was greatly magic resistant.
    With sc+mb and languor/focus/malaise/acumen you can deal decent damage on him with Thunder?
    How many people do you have on average? Because past a certain number SC+MB strategies (which we use on pretty much 99% of content) start to get reduced returns because of blahblahblah, you know what I'm talking about.

Granted we only tried 3 times and the first one was a pretty sorry attempt full of mistakes, but regardless it seems like a pretty nasty and annoying NM and I can't think of something we can try to create a difference big enough.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

All 6 manning it. The nuke numbers aren't great at all but if you can survive, you win. Because even after max levelups nukes still actually do damage compared to melees. So ya we usually hit max levelups doing mage brute force. Setup looks like PLD WHM 2x GEO SCH BLM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My group does it melee style, with Bolstered frailty/languor/vex/attunement for the melees, and it dies before it can level up too much.

Campaign
    BG Level

@Lyramion
    Mage setup looks interesting and it's what we use on the majority of things, but I fear it's not gonna work very well with our numbers... (of course we could split the alliance in two and get 2x the pops, I suppose...)

@Fwahm
    How many people for you?
    The first time we tried was with melee with the following setup, unless I forget something
    PT1: BLU, BLU, DNC, SMN (buffs, PD, Astral Conduit) GEO (prec/fury), BRD*
    PT2: BLU, 1 or 2 other DDs I can't remember, SMN (buffs, PD, Astral Conduit), GEO (prec/fury), COR*
    PT3: GEO (Torp), GEO (Frailty), something else? I don't remember
    Geos were staying at range because of no PD and using Geo Bubbles. The two GEOs in pt are Idris GEOs. COR used Hunter's and Chaos and it swapped pt with the BRD.

There were some mistakes in this attempt.
    1) One GEO died on pop before PD could be used
    2) BRD messed up and only fake songs were up
    3) I'm afraid the other 3 GEOs didn't use Bolster like requested
    4) The two SMN got surprised by the mess going on and used PD but didn't really get a chance to use Astral Conduit
    5) Majority of other people didn't use their SP abilities, some didn't use Food.
    6) Think we didn't have Prot/Shell up either. Even with PD those levelledup GoH were doing quite the damage.

Despite shit hitting the fan we brought it to 50% or something, at which point PD started to wear and people started to die lol
    If I had to try that again I'd bring one DD less and have maybe a turtle PLD to pop and get initial hate.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

but I fear it's not gonna work very well with our numbers... (of course we could split the alliance in two and get 2x the pops, I suppose...)
    Thats what both the LSes on our server did. We are 18 man usually and had to split into 6 man groups to clear Cerb to get access to T3. Other LS is 12ish and also did 6man melee zerk.

Campaign
    BG Level

Even more convinced we'll have to do that as well =/
    Well, thanks for the feedback I suppose guys.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We've had around 15 people when doing Old Shuck. Also, you don't really need geo-fury if you're bolstering frailty and have other sources of defense-, especially if you're using chaos roll. Even with only Dunna, Bolstered Frailty + 20% Dia (with Light Shot/s) effectively more than quadruples every melee's attack with 900 skill.

I'd use Vex and Wilt instead, which will allow melees to last a while even without perfect defense. 900 skill Dunna Wilt with Bolster is -96% attack. Now that I think about it, my group might have used Wilt instead of Attunement. I'd have to ask.

Campaign
    BG Level

How did you assemple with ~15 people? I guess 2 typical partys of DDs+buffers (did you stick a WHM in there?) and a third party with what?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

IIRC, Third party was WHM x2 and RDM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still think smn zerg is probably the fastest/easiest clear for Old Shuck. When we cleared it with 15 people the one summoner we brought (who was pretty much unbuffed aside from torpor/frailty) ended a close third on the parse compared to the superbuffed rangers (3 minuets, 2 preludes, precision, fury, chaos and sam roll).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tachi i tried ramuh volt strike on old shuck and he got destroyed. Only problem is that he can do sleepga or breakga and counters smn 1hour but if this happens i just pop a revit and try again. Feel like im cheating poping the revit but a win is a win. Setup used was pld, whm, geo, bst, my smn, and cor. Geo bolstered frailty and torpor, beast roll and drachen roll from cor, bst used familar, run wild, unleash, and i did garland of bliss at start for -defense on enemy along with my 1hours. It goes down fast if no interruptions from sleepga or breakga. Thanks again for info about using ramuh worked out very nicely.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is it possible to solo Golden Kist? If solo, what job and how? Are there any other strategies besides Death MB?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Someone posted earlier a strategy like:
    Reraise -> Tabula Rasa -> Gravitation -> Kaustra MB -> Noctohelix MB -> Die
    Raise up, Revitalizer, wait for DoT to wear, repeat

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Been trying out ideas for Teles.

Ideas that haven't worked:

10+ of each Incursion NM coffer plus 5 of each void items.
    1 of each grand coffer with 5 of each void items.
    10 of each of the king UC NM materials(faf/behe/ada) plus 5 of each of the void items.

Ideas that need to be ruled out and seem like they could work:

1-5+ of each of the new UC NM coffers(cerb/khim/hydra/PW) along with the void items(seems most likely to work).
    1-5+ of the new UC materials(cerb/khim/hydra/PW) along with the void items(seems most likely to work).
    5+ of each grand coffer plus the 3 void items.
    1-5+ of each of the king UC coffers(behe/faf/ada) plus void items.

I'd honestly be really shocked if these didn't work, but I guess it could require some really obscure music related item plus the void items.
    maybe some items + parchment?

also could be an instrument like Cythara Anglica or Mythic Harp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@Sechs:

SMN BST BST COR WHM GEO | PLD GEO and we managed to take it down in about 1min 30sec with no problems. I absolutely despise using pet strategies for end game stuff but it was really the only way we could circumvent the fight and actually unlock T3s without dealing with a huge pain in the ass.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It seems that you can remove Golden Kist zombie aura during Manafont if you get a white proc by nuking with the opposite element like if it casts Water VI, then cast Thunder repeatedly.