+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teles_the_Cynic

Idk if y'all looked up teles or tried trading items based on his works. With the old plus new helm items we got 6 and teles is known for 7 . or it could be not the helm and helm will be the 6 that will be added and teles is completely unrelated, do we even know the mob type from dats?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Mob type is a Siren. KI for popping is "Teles Hymn"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teles_the_Cynic

Idk if y'all looked up teles or tried trading items based on his works. With the old plus new helm items we got 6 and teles is known for 7 . or it could be not the helm and helm will be the 6 that will be added and teles is completely unrelated, do we even know the mob type from dats?
    7 with ashen crayfish, no?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

yea i think your right

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What if one of the requirements is something to do with Emporox? Like having everything unlocked?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    7 with ashen crayfish, no?
    Ashweed, Duskcrawler, Gravewood Log, Ashen Crayfish, Void Crystal, Void Grass, Voidsnapper?

Tried one of each but no KI. All 7 at once. Also tried a Siren's Hair with it to make 8 items but no.

Just wanted to note that it seems strange that Teles isn't on the Register of Deeds but other HELM NMs in other areas are. Can someone look at the Register of Deeds NPC dialogue to make sure Teles is in it? Maybe it pops up later on?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sechs and I cleared Old Shuck yesterday with 16 people melee zerg with 4 blue mages, 2 cor, 2 whm, 3 geo (one idris), 1 sch, 2 smn, 1 brd, 1 rdm. Actually went smoothly with 16 ppl zerging it with melee. We had two melee party each had 2 blue, 1 pt had a cor, 2nd pt had brd (brd rotated before popping),whm, geo, smn. 3rd party had a sch, rdm, geo, and spare buffer (1x cor that was non shooting (just returned to game after a break so we just used him for rolls) that rotated into brd pt before popping for buffs when brd was in other dd pt buffing).

Campaign
    BG Level

There were a few mistakes here and there (my Astral Conduit sucked balls to name one and I forgot to use PD a second time).
    Bolster was used x3 and Bolster wilt + vex really made quite a difference I gotta say.
    There also were some small issues (lack of optimization) in the rotation of CORs, which kinda didn't happen. Oh and we had a few useless jobs as well.
    Another thing we forgot to do was to make the BLUs store TP before the fight (for AM3 and such).
    The 2 SMNs used Revitalizer but honestly for me it was a waste, for the other SMN it made quite a difference. His Ramuh was second in the damage parse.
    This enforces what Hoshiku said before, that SMN zerg with Astral Conduit seems to be a pretty reliable and effective way to bring that guy down.

If I recall buffs were:
    PT1 > Madrigal, Madrigal, Minuet, Minuet, Scherzo, Earthen Armor, Crystalline Blessing, Perfect Defense, Crimson Howl, Hunter's Roll, Chaos Roll, Torpor, Precision, Entrust Fury (Bolster, Soul Voice). BLU diffusioned Mighty guard and selfbuffed with I dunno what.
    PT2 > Madrigal, Madrigal, Minuet, Minuet, Scherzo, Earthen Armor, Crystalline Blessing, Perfect Defense, Crimson Howl, Samurai Roll, Hunter's Roll, Frailty, Precision, Entrust Fury (Bolster, Soul Voice). BLU diffusioned Mighty guard blahblah
    PT3 > Vex, Wilt, entrust Focus, Macc Roll, whateverelse roll. RDM in this pt tried to land Frazzle, Distract, Addle and shit but I'm not sure if he managed to.

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh, if anybody is interested Alliance DPS was appearently around 8000, the fight lasted... I dunno, less than 2 minutes I think? Around that.
    Damage on the 2 DDs parties was irrelevant, damage on the third pt (no PD) was somewhat relevant but nothing really dangerous (think they weren't even using DT sets honestly).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Damage on the 2 DDs parties was irrelevant
    This has been my group's experience. With Vex, nothing is really a threat unless you're triggering Scorching Lash. Not really sure why PD would even be needed. Only time it gets slightly hairy is when he's under 25% and spamming Archeron Flame, but even that's nothing that a Curaga IV won't fix.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not really sure why PD would even be needed.
    It wasn't, at all.
    I didn't re-use PD in my pt (the other SMN did) and none of the DDs in my pt were ever in any dangerous situation.
    (we also had Mighty Guard up though)
    This is with Bolster Vex/Wilt though (Dunna GEO).
    Without Idris and without Bolster things might be different.

On our first (failure) attempt our positioning was too spread and we procced Scorhing Lash a few times, and that's really dangerous. (also I think we were missing Shell... but the amount of things that went wrong in our first attempt has no end, really)

In hindsight those 2 SMNs could've been 2 more DDs, or proper buffers to avoid party swapping (not sure about you but our buffers hate having to party swap).
    Then again SMN is quite an awesome DD with proper gear and Astral Conduit.
    As I mentioned the other SMN in my group came out as second DD in the alliance (Astral Conduit x2 though!)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

well they are going to be starting a Incursion and Vagary campaign soon, has anyone tried the vagary boss drops?

Teles hint, 4 trigger items.

Code:
    藤戸:最後は俺のコーナー!
    今回はいつもの「神符」のヒントではなく、ギアスフェットのノートリアスモンスターに関するヒントですー。
    11月10日(火)のバージョンアップでは、セイレーン族のノートリアスモンスターが追加されています。
    トリガーアイテムは4つで……はい、今日はここまでー!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Probably one of each Void item plus something else.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Anyone try legion trophies? There are 4 of those, or keeping in line with annoying hard to get items try a Marrow, scoria, riftdross and rift cinder

Anyone know if Death is good against any of the AAs?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think it's good against all the AAs?

Revitalizer is a game changer. Did all the AAs last night and the lesser gods except Seiryu with PLD, BLM (me), WHM, GEO, GEO, Moogle trust. I was the only one nuking. The fights basically went like this:
    1 Pop
    2 Elemental Seal, Manawell, Impact
    2b Vidohunir if I had TP
    3 (wait for GEO to finish getting Bolstered geomancy up - Focus + Malaise + Vex + Attunement)
    4 Manafont + Subtle Sorcery
    5 Death
    6 Spam Tier 6 nukes
    7 Impact typically wears towards the end of Manafont/subtle sorcery, so cast it again
    8 Revitalizer and repeat steps 4-6
    9 The monster

Seiryu's Regen was a kicker. Took it to 35% at the lowest with this strategy, but stalled out when SPs wore off. If we hit Wild Card and timed things right, this strategy is probably capable of killing him. Swapping a GEO for a SCH and abusing magic bursts is likely a simpler solution, though.

Bullshit theorymongering for the Cerb mob, but I wouldn't put it past SE where if too much damage comes from a specific direction/head, it'll howl. So it might be interesting to try a balanced approach with people positioned relative to each head. Only real reason why I think it a possibility is Hydra losing its heads in past iterations, as well as other ToAU mobs being funky with breakables.

Otherwise, might be smart to bug them (or get the JPs to) for hints on a mechanic.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Probably one of each Void item plus something else.
    maybe something to do with charming or harpy or lamia?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Revitalizer is a game changer.
    For anyone that doesn't want to spend the time to grind out 20k mobs, learned from a JP group this morning that kills count even if you're out of range and regardless if you get exp or not. Was in an ally of 16 people in Zitah that was AoEing down the various groups of mobs throughout the zone, got well over 3k kills within an hour. Imagine you can do much better than that if you're coordinated better, a few at monkeys/efts/dragons, one clearing out the starting mobs, someone at crawlers, etc.