Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Given the job list, he could have done:
    Malaise, Acumen, Ebullience, Wizard's Roll, MAB drink, Braver's drink, Geo-INT, Boost-INT, COR shot to element, Vidohunir or Shattersoul (probably wouldn't stick), Soldier's Drink (explicitly not done but could be)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haven't played with shatter too much but vidohunirs sticks pretty well in my experience. Not that it matters since you most likely can floor mdb with just malaise.

Other things you could do: impact, probably obvious but storms, multiple step skill chains, and blm using jas first

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Manawell JP effects transfer to give someone else 20 MDMG.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure... also if you are willing to bring a bst can always killer instinct!

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Thanks for testing it Fwahm, good to know.
    If someone could update BG wiki with these info it would be awesome
    Updated, under "Geas Fete>how to participate".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    What mega buffs were used to get this helix? I would assume Geo use m.eva down, m.def down, m.acc up, m.atk up, and cor used m.acc + m.att - anything else?
    Yeah all those with Braver's drink, MAB/Macc drinks, ES Impact(from one of the GEOs), Burn, Wind Shot x2, and Tabula used right before the SC. I didn't want to risk missing the SC window by using Soldier's because of the item cooldown penalty, so I only used Ebullience.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I wonder if Helix burn is a viable strategy for the other NMs also.

Edit: That 26K Helix was done without Soldier's Drink, btw. With Soldier's it would have done 39K for a total of 780K damage over the 20 tick duration, unless Ebullience and Soldier's don't stack.
    DISCLAIMER: Eyeball science inc

After Helixing things with and without Modus a long time our LS feels like there is something fishy going on with Helix. Stacking multiple Modus on things like Escha Ru-Aun AA and other NMs the resulting damage ticks feel off. Also using super buffed Helix on weaker stuff does't do as much damage as we'd expect. After some testing I propose this following theory:

Helix has a max cap of 10 000 damage per tick

Any and every input/testing welcome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But helixes don't work in ticks in the first place... or do you mean 10k a tock? If that's true though it further begs the question wtf was the modus nerf for again and why do they still think it's needed

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    But helixes don't work in ticks in the first place... or do you mean 10k a tock? If that's true though it further begs the question wtf was the modus nerf for again and why do they still think it's needed
    Technically a tock yes. I just used commonpeoplespeech I am sorry.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I dont think this is valid, the example I have it a 8k helix will not kill Crom t1 reisen, it will last to about 40%, but a 18k helix will kill him without reapplying

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Back in the 75 era you could theoretically 1 shot AV using a horde of SCH and this ability, thus they patched it. I don't know exactly what the patch did though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Back in the 75 era you could theoretically 1 shot AV using a horde of SCH and this ability, thus they patched it. I don't know exactly what the patch did though.
    I know that what I was saying though if there was a 10k cap there would be no point to a modus nerf.... not that there was in the first place since that theoretical possibility was impossible in practice due to timing. I think the best they were able to do was like 5 and they need 8 iirc each one making it even more impossible to do on purpose. The nerf was making it resistable and I think not allowing it to be done multiple times on 1 target.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Didn't they make it so Modus didn't stack?

I also vaguely remember that being when they added the unreasonable accuracy check, but I'm far more sure of the former

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Modus Veritas
    After a helix spell is cast on a target, a predetermined period of time must elapse before Modus Veritas can be used effectively. Furthermore, certain Notorious Monsters will now demonstrate resistance to the effects of Modus Veritas.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Did Old Shuck tonight, tried rng setup at first but the howl hate resets making it move away from luopans and enfeeb us was a problem. We switched to a SAM setup to try it, found out Shoha's proc it randomly for w/e reason, did not seem to lower increasing damage from acheron's flame though, but it was enough to let us be able to hit and kill it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I think the patch just made Modus Veritas a chance. It used to be 100% (and like 10 mins recast?)
    What happened to AV could still happen in theory, but the chances of that to happen are like 0.0000000001% because each Modus Veritas would have to incur a random chance to work or not (and on NM this chance is absymal)

Afaik Modus Veritas could still stack, you just aren't going to see it happen because of it not being 100% anymore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Onychophora drops given on JP wiki:

Firangi
    Lembing
    Gozuki Mezuki
    Navon Crackows

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Popped some more of the "fun" NMs today in Reisen:

Amphitere:

Just refuses to take magic damage. Totally SMN or Sneak Attack fight.

Mandragora:

The flood of adds is almost impossible to tank. Got the main NM to 90%. Eventually some adds left our supertank PLD and had their way with the rest of the ally. NM leveled up somewhere in there and also lost hate. Adds spammed 2hrs.

Caturae:

Keeps popping his pets every 40 seconds. Killed one and it respawned. Might have some deeper gimick of a kill order related to chess pieces or something but we never got to test much as we all died to AoE Terror / CureCurse / Bio.

Don't think LS is gonna sink a lot of time into figuring these out before Feb as it's just not a lot of fun.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

One of the old JP fossils that JPonry in shiva has Zerde Zapper title, so the Botulus has been killed somehow.

Edrakali

Vinipata beaten with this setup:
    PUP BRD
    SCH GEO GEO BLMx3

Dropped Taka (katana) and gave INT vorseal.

General info about him:
    -Pops along with 2 adds.
    -Uses Meikyo Shisui or Astral flow randomly, seems to flavor Meikyo Shisui.
    -Has access to all Naraka moves (including Yama's judgement which is 5-count doom)
    -If Astral Flow is used, 2 additional adds will pop. Have seen up to 6 adds up at same time
    -Adds hate mechanism seems to be random, sometimes they completely ignore voke/flash and go after mages.
    -Adds can be lullabied with Troubaduor or Elemental seal, seems highly resistant otherwise.
    -TP moves range is huge, 30' or so.

Our strategy was to use puppet tank so we can go full offensive while not having to deal with high damaging moves / knock back. But doom move pretty much means wipe, I've seen it used once per each battle, so it has to be rare. We used fire damage. Whenever things looked bad (doom or astral flow while troudabour/ES was down), we put up bio and wiped fast, then had our geo zombie it with dia2 while rest unweak.