Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Makes me wonder why they even specifically excluded helices from the magic burst update if it's pointless anyway. Then again SE has never made any sense and has always been deathly afraid of SCH for some reason (the Modus Veritas nerf made 0 sense, especially now that we know they nerfed the max damage a helix can do anyway)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Adding our own Schah Video to the list:

Campaign
    BG Level

Some random questions about Onychophora, since we had our very first attempt yesterday.

1) Does Worm Mulch really come only from ENM and Arborscent Seeds in Furrow? I went through little less than three stacks of Arborscent Seeds (each seed is 2 harvests) in my mog garden, and no trace of Mulch. I had no helpers though. Any suggestion?
    2) Our damage and coordination seemed to be ok, but our tank was dying after void-thing. He was waiting for the battle-log message to spam a re-equip macro but that wasn't enough. Granted our tank claimed he wa having huge lag yesterday, but let's leave this aside from a sec. I wonder if what he was doing is enough? Should he be using Battlemod to gain 1-2 secs in faster log notification of void-thing move? Should he automate the use of that macro through a script? (how?). He has Burtgang, Aegis, capped JPs and overall pretty good gear, but I'm not sure what else he could've done to avoid dying.
    3) Anybody tried doing Onychophora with double tank?

Thanks for any useful tip.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ziryus in Ouryu Cometh drop worm mulch, so you can farm up a cloud evoker, then spend the whole 30 minutes farming the worms.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    1) Does Worm Mulch really come only from ENM and Arborscent Seeds in Furrow? I went through little less than three stacks of Arborscent Seeds (each seed is 2 harvests) in my mog garden, and no trace of Mulch. I had no helpers though. Any suggestion?
    I didn't see you mention using Gusgen Clay as fertilizer. The seeds don't actually matter (other than time it takes to harvest and amount of harvests), the fertilizer is what gives the chance of Worm Mulch appearing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks Niv, missed that part.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Hooray, we finally beat schah today! (video posting soon i think?)

It really just requires speed to win, COR was unable to reset SP and we won with 1-2 mins left on the clock.
    No 'checkmate' ever established in all of our tries despite killing the first few adds very quickly, which was probably 15 attempts or so before we won.
    Setup was:
    PLD/BLU, SCHx2, GEOx2 (idrisx2), BLMx3, COR, WHM.
    Tabula right before pop to get regen/embrava up and make the Thunder SCs fly. Biggest issue we had initially was letting tank establish hate on our current nuke target, Bhata > Ashva > Gaja > Bhata > Ashva > Bhata > Ratha > Bhata > Gaja... basically prioritize Bhata but if you're killing any of the others finish the job to assist the tank. We left Mantri up as it is a huge time sink (especially with charm and other obnoxious moves under 50% and really its not that bad during the fight to hold alongside Schah). We saved Death+Soldiers/Charm buffer towards the end (~20% hp) as Schah himself used charm on one of our battles, but in general a death order is good and others should try to comet inbetween timer.

As far as sandworm we went 1/1 right after Schah (though its more like 1/4 failed a few times weeks ago), setup was:
    PLD/BLU, SCHx2, GEOx2 (idrisx2), BLMx3 (one was /smn), COR, SMN.
    SC order used was Aero > Blizzard > Fire > Darkness > Thunder ; repeat
    Under 50% if it casts Fire spells, it will absorb magic. If it casts Earth spells, it will absorb phys.
    Be careful here and cancel any SC if you see it casting Fire, and DO NOT skip in your order or repeat yourself. If your SCH accidentally closes a SC, move on to the next one.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Some random questions about Onychophora, since we had our very first attempt yesterday.

2) Our damage and coordination seemed to be ok, but our tank was dying after void-thing. He was waiting for the battle-log message to spam a re-equip macro but that wasn't enough. Granted our tank claimed he wa having huge lag yesterday, but let's leave this aside from a sec. I wonder if what he was doing is enough? Should he be using Battlemod to gain 1-2 secs in faster log notification of void-thing move? Should he automate the use of that macro through a script? (how?). He has Burtgang, Aegis, capped JPs and overall pretty good gear, but I'm not sure what else he could've done to avoid dying.
    3) Anybody tried doing Onychophora with double tank?

Thanks for any useful tip.
    I've got the following tips for you.

Bring a RUN and a COR. You want to begin the fight with Bolster. The first 50% of this fight is relatively painless and straightforward. If you use Bolster below 50% it will likely be wasted with lots of standing around waiting for the mob to do stuff. Only use Aero and Death for damage for the first 50%, just cycle through the other skillchains as magic burst damage on them is not good enough to worry about. Wait until it does a TP move (you can spam Aero I to feed it TP) and then skillchain/magic burst immediately after. You can have your RUN use Rayke/Gambit once early on but don't have them use their Super Revitalizer yet or have your COR reset them or anything. You will want as much Rayke/Gambit for below 50% as you can. Don't accidentally push it below 50% either, you want your last magic burst above 50% HP to be a Death magic burst. When you've gotten it below 50%, you can start to carefully use Silence. Don't just spam it, there's a mechanic you want to exploit. Any time it can absorb magic damage, it has floored magic evasion. Cycle through skillchains until dark is up (you don't want to use anything but Death from now on) and wait until it casts an earth spell. Feed it TP until it does a TP move. This is when whoever is waiting to silence should cast silence (floor magic evasion during TP move). It will then be safe to magic burst it (in earth mode, silenced, and just used a TP move.) This is when you should Rayke/Gambit with Rayke being much more important than Gambit. I suppose you can also try timing BoG malaise with these too. You can repeat this process I think 3 times at least until Silence duration is very bad and makes this unreliable, but it should make the fight much easier to deal with. You can use temp items to get your MP back or just Aspir it while it's in fire mode. It can also absorb during spell casting (maybe 25% or below, I don't know exactly.) So you can also consider saving your silence casts for below 25%. We were chunking it for 15%+ with each death magic burst (4 very well geared BLM, but we also had a lot of extra people not doing anything.) With the right set up it might be possible to kill it with just 3 of these magic bursts from 50% for a very painless win.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you have a super pet regen set, you can almost fulltime BoG (with last emanation) depending on how many times it decides to use gorge. It's not very threatening aside from the occasional TP move, so it's usually ok to idle in non-PDT even when you're right next to it. I say usually cause one of the GEOs (not me) got 1-shot by gorge, but I only ever got hit for like 1k max. If your languor/malaising from the off party running in and out depending on the SC is highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Montag View Post
    If you have a super pet regen set, you can almost fulltime BoG (with last emanation) depending on how many times it decides to use gorge. It's not very threatening aside from the occasional TP move, so it's usually ok to idle in non-PDT even when you're right next to it. I say usually cause one of the GEOs (not me) got 1-shot by gorge, but I only ever got hit for like 1k max. If your languor/malaising from the off party running in and out depending on the SC is highly recommended.
    What is your max regen set ? is that set annul "DOT" ? I have actually regen+10

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have 3x helios (ew) with +3 regen plus the relic feet +1 and empy head +1 + isa belt = 16 pet regen. If I were making a set now I would use telchine instead. With idris/geocape/isa/dunna/handler's earring+1 I also cap pet PDT(I could probably lose the cape for umbra but that .5%! >_> ), and then put regular PDT where ever I can: twlight collar, dring etc. With capped JPs I can actually lasting emanation > wait 5 min > ecliptic and get ~5 mins of 75% potency luopan if it's not taking very much damage which is pretty sweet, and I was able to do this when we did 100 > 50% without bolster on our first attempt. Under 50% it gets less feasible since it uses TP moves more often, so it's just BoG only. It's still definitely best to use bolster straight off so you can get to the < 50% waiting game asap.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Has anyone observed maju leveling after a dropped SC finish packet? Farming a bunch of merlinic bodies(tedious) and noticed a level despite not messing up SC order. Reviewed log and saw my normal order:
    distortion
    frag
    induration
    impaction
    distortion
    frag
    induration-No packet received for the closing blizzard and skillchain. My nukes still bursted though, so clearly the skillchain landed.
    impaction-leveled
    distortion-leveled
    frag-leveled
    induration-didn't level

The only possible explanation I can think of is that whatever causes the server to drop packets interrupts a process, and resulted in the SC not being logged to Maju's behavior somehow despite still allowing bursts. That seems like abysmal coding, but wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Did it happen right after he uses oppressive glare? Happened to me a few times, and I recall it was after glare.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yea it did, maybe to do with that then. Didn't make much sense to me a dropped packet would change it.

Campaign
    BG Level

We already killed Onychophora, but two days ago we went at it again and failed three times.
    Now, granted we had a somewhat strange setup with 14 people, but there's something that I still do not understand, two times.
    This is what happened:

Under 50%. He starts casting Earth, we land Silence, force TP, do SC. Magic damage gets absorbed. What could've possibly happened? Can he swap to fire mode when silenced? I thought he couldn't. Or maybe silence instantly wore and he instantly swapped mode? I dunno. Your theories about this?

Situation two. Under 50%, he starts casting Earth, we don't bother with silence because we were scared of the situation above (him swapping mode and we not noticing because silenced), we force TP, do SC, and it gets absorbed again. What could've happened here? He swaps to Earth then instantly back to Fire again?

Campaign
    BG Level

On a side note: some JP player long time ago posted this difficulty tier list for NMs: Schah > Erynis > Teles > Albumen >>>> Vinipata > Onychophora > Zerde.
    I still haven't tried Schah but I killed the other 6 and I don't see that huge gap between Albumen and Vinipata.
    Atm I see things more like this: Schah > Onychophora > Vinipata > Albumen > Zerde >>> Erinys
    Not really sure about where to place Teles actually. In the only attempt we did (we killed on first try) I wasn't there. Teles sounds very tricky on paper but everybody keeps saying she's super easy, dunno, I think we just got lucky

My reasoning for the others:
    Onychophora is not very hard, but he can be very annoying/tricky with the fire/earth swapping under 50%. One mistake on the MB with Death and you basically heal it back to 70% and it's game over.
    Vinipata is annoying with his two stances, one of which makes Magic damage shit. It's easy to time out when you have a large alliance. Plus he does a lot of damage, heals himself from dots and the 2 adds are annoying to deal with because one goes around hitting random players, making it super annoying for the BRD to sleep. Plus current strategies imply wiping at Astral Flow then recovering, which I still find very annoying.
    Albumen: is incredibly dangerous, but with very good coordination, gear and macros from your BRD, he becomes a very straightforward fight. Still annoying with the wipe at start after 12 adds, but it's faster than Vinipata and don't have to make some player keep Albumen from regening at least. A really good BRD makes a difference here and turns the fight into something else.
    Zerde: Either you kill fast, or you die. I think for us the key from wipe to victory has been a good rotation of a few ES Stun. If you get that right he's fast and easy.
    Erynis: My god isn't this fight easy? Boring too with all that Mewing Lullaby spam. As long as you don't lose attention for a nanosecond and fuck up the Mewing Lullaby rotation, this fight is boringly easy, hard to fuck it up even if you try to.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Albumen is by far the hardest followed by teles, dunno what kind of people claim teles is easy. The rest are just regular nm's for us.

I also saw some strange absorb w/o fire being casted, dunno if its a glitch or we just didnt payed attention.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by paciokino View Post
    dunno what kind of people claim teles is easy.
    My LS mates, they went 1/1 on Teles. I was missing that night so I can't say, but on paper she sounds really complex to me, which is why I think they just got very lucky on that night
    As for Albumen it was me saying.
    BRD makes a huge difference here, imho. Having a good BRD with good gear and good macros makes the fight really straightforward and easy, in my opinion.
    As long as the above things are fine, you have more degree of control and less chances of "something bad randomly happening" than on NMs like Onychophora for instance, with the Fire/Earth thing being clunky at times. If your BLMs are really powerful, a single Magic Burst volley gone wrong with Gambit and Rayke up means you basically need to go out of range and restart from zero.
    That's less "degree of control" on the NM, and hence imho more annoying and harder than Albumen.

Just my two cents of course, I'm talking out of biased personal experience.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Under 25% Onychophora absorbs both physical and magic damage at the same time while casting any spell, that could be the reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Under 25% Onychophora absorbs both physical and magic damage at the same time while casting any spell, that could be the reason.
    This is it. I would highly recommend saving silence for 25%.

Re: Teles

Teles is completely trivialized by having someone stun during MBs, it will almost never come running at you during Clarasch call. You can also run out of range during 2h and not take any damage from Dia/avoid the Mute aura so you can buff up etc. while waiting for it to wear.

As long as every BLM brings a soldiers drink, the last 10% doesn't exist by doing an SC at around 10-11% and mbing Death with soldiers on all BLM