BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So do different stones give different sets of augments?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if it's different; I used all three on my Merlinic hands and kept the one from my Pellucid stone.

Kiiiinda happy about the aug.

I think it's fairly official that Merlinic is disgustingly strong. Any findings on other sets, so far? PLD buddy got 10 STR, 35 acc, 31 ATK, 3 DA on Odyssean gauntlets.

Campaign
    BG Level

Given how some stones seem more rare than others (is this true?) wouldn't it be better to think of them in terms of NQ, HQ, HQ2?

Anyway about the Incursion boxes: from a developer point of view I can understand their way of doing things, and it's coherent with what they've been doing with Escha. Tying Escha content to Unity to make so UNM kept some relevance even after people capped out on their drops. Now they're doing the same thing, sort of, with Incursion. Nobody cares about incursion anymore? Dang, now we gonna force you to do incursion if you wanna do the new content. This way we will also slow you down slightly, 2 birds with 1 stone!

On the other hand though, from a player point of view I find it a very cheap way to make old content relevant (the non-cheap way would be updating/tweaking the content, of course). I hate when developers resort to such means. In the case of incursion is even worse than with the UNM mats because there is no market for those boxes. You can't farm them to sell them, you can't buy them, you can't designate someone to pop them.
    If they really wanted to go this way they should at least have changed the boxes so they could be traded.
    Or honestly add a new item from each of the incursion bosses? Not like it's a huge expense of dev resources to create 6 new items for the 6 bosses and make so you need like 5 of each of those to pop T2 in Reisenjima.
    Would have still promoted/forced Incursion but in a way less annoying way.

tl;dr
    I can understand and second their intent, but it was achieved in a very bad way from a game design point of view, imho.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's good but it may not beat Amalric +1 in every slot damage wise, especially if you're using Death (Amalric has huge MP on the augments.) I think the best set will be a combination of the two and is likely different for Death vs elemental magic.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Killed a Thunder elemental and this NM spawned when it died:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/vfcmc2.jpg

Didnt drop any items though just stones.

Used Amnesia and Silence moves.

EDIT:

Does anyone have any info yet on how to obtain this earring?
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thureous_Earring

Selkit drops Herculean trousers, Merlinic feet, and Apate ring.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If that's the blocking Earring, it comes from the bugard t1 NM. Magic or SMN party highly recommended because it literally spams Stunga every few seconds. Standing about 20.5 yalms away worked just fine, and it was an easy kill.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

New temps from the new zone:
    * Revitalizer
    * Poison buffer
    * Virus buffer
    * Charm buffer
    * Curse buffer
    * Lucid Elixir II
    * Lucid Wings II
    * Healing Powder
    * Healing Mist
    * Mana Powder
    * Mana Mist

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got Solemnity Cape from Quetz.

Also wanted to point out that a further drawback to Incursion is Grand Coffers from NMs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Another NM spawned on me when i was doing

ROV mission 3-23) Kill 11 Panpots in Reisen. (Between #1 -> #2)

http://oi65.tinypic.com/23w1sgh.jpg

After killing a normal Panpots around portal 2 this spawned on me.

Only dropped stones no item

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So Panopt, elementals, frogs, bees, and veela (near uptalas) have NMs so far. I am pretty sure that Beetles do not, and it is possible that no night monsters do (beetles spawn dusk to dawn for some reason?)

Campaign
    BG Level

Do these special things (that I assume use the "Rare Monster" mechanic) get counted as NM? Did you /check them? Did you check the book as well?
    Porxies in Ru'aun spawned in similar fashion but they do not count as NM (I think they do not /check as "Impossible to gauge!" either, but I'm not sure)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Merlinic Hood from Dazzling Dolores - Killed with with SCH + BLM + Trusts using 2hrs. It was very painful and the last 20% I was alone with everything else dead just running in circles flailing my arms waiting for helix to kill it.

Was able to kill the sabotender NM with easy as SCH + Trusts tho.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Do these special things (that I assume use the "Rare Monster" mechanic) get counted as NM? Did you /check them? Did you check the book as well?
    Porxies in Ru'aun spawned in similar fashion but they do not count as NM (I think they do not /check as "Impossible to gauge!" either, but I'm not sure)
    The Elemental NM and the Panopt that spawned after i killed a regular one both checked as "Impossible to gauge!" but i didnt check book before or after to see if it changed anything as i wasnt planning to pop any of these 2 NMs heh

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I watched somebody get their shit pushed in by an Ascended Tiger NM while doing my panopts, so add that one.

No SS, but come on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I watched somebody get their shit pushed in by an Ascended Tiger NM while doing my panopts, so add that one.

No SS, but come on.
    The "Ascended" mobs that spawn after you kill a normal mob didn't seem all that difficult actually. Seemed to have around the same HP total as the standard mobs in the area. I had the Ascended Veela pop on me while I was goofing off waiting for the Narakas to spawn. It dropped a few individual stones, a pouch of pellucid stones, and a Voidsnapper. Guessing the Voidsnapper is used as part of an NM popset in the zone somewhere.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They have a lot more HP. Also, the frog can use frog chorus, so whip out your charm screen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What are the 3 safest spots to pop NMs so far from what youve seen?

Ive only found 2 x ??? and neither of those where in a none-aggro area so would have to clear stuff first then pop NM.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Warp #9 is empty except for 3 NM pop points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast