BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: Reisenjima Mega Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

what Mojo said, if you silence after it started casting the spell, the mode swap will happen. if you silence him after he finishes casting stone, he will not switch out of stone mode until he is unsilenced and casts fire again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

btw, we couldn't land silence during TP moves. what we've started doing is bring a SMN, and have him mewing lullaby after the compression goes off, works pretty well lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

I couldn't land Silence on TP moves either without Focus, Languor and Frazzle.
    My gear ain't top-knotch but not shit-grade either.
    Maybe magic eva is not floored during TP moves but simply greatly reduced?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It might just be a large reduction then. I don't think it's just during TP moves, rather any time it absorbs magic, although I suppose it could be fire mode only (haven't tested enough to say). I drew this conclusion based on Aspir resist rates, perhaps it's different if the spell doesn't do some kind of damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So Reisin has some uniqueish subspecies like the cloaked skeletons or the green fairies or Lucani the last definitely having unique movies and ascended versions of mobs often having unique moves as well (or at least fairly uncommon moves for that species) and I was wondering if there was a way to check to see what moves they have other than the long task of feeding tp and hoping not to die. Wanting to check them out but killing for ascendeds to pop and then hoping they don't kill me with OP moves while I test it out doesn't sound like fun

Well, me and the fam are getting a little bored killing all the helms (wow / kouryu included ) the same old boring way, Aeonic after aeonic ..... So I'm curious of all of the off the wall strats some groups may do or have done, good or bad. And tell me some of the "thinking outside the box" ideas groups may have wanted to try. I'm also curious of what the lowest number of people some groups may take to kill helms, buyers not included of course.

Campaign
    BG Level

I remember finding out only recently (can't remember the thread) that when monsters have "Level up!" mechanics they don't really level up (so for the sake of level correction formulas everything stays the same) but they just gain a very big boost to some/all of their stats.

I just wanted to say that we confirmed yesterday that if you wipe and let the NM go idle (and possibly regen to 100%, I dunno) those "level up buffs" disappear.
    That likely probably wouldn't have happened if it were a real level up instead of a buff.
    Tested this on Albumen in Reisenjima, not sure if it's any different for other NMs but I think it's safe to assume it's the same for everything else too?

That's probably where they got the coding for the merit BCs to set the "level".

Cause I'm pretty sure that mobs with level-up mechanics are older than the merit fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I think the first level up unless you count raging was the crystal war fomors so definitely before merit fights.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Necro: Why don't people use THF in Reisen? All these rumors about TH not working but it triggers just fine.

Misinformed people?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Necro: Why don't people use THF in Reisen? All these rumors about TH not working but it triggers just fine.

Misinformed people?
    Drops are guaranteed, TH doesn't effect quality. It's similar to a KB scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Not entirely correct. First slot drop is guaranteed. Second is not, thf does have an effect there.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Spoiler: show

KB is two drops sharing the same slot. Escha has mobs which drop two spots by default like WoC. TH increases the odds of the secondary drop slot putting out, and every NM has a nonguaranteed slot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's also the personal slot which probably isn't effected by th and hp scaling which discourages bringing people that aren't helping make the fight easier

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    There's also the personal slot which probably isn't effected by th and hp scaling which discourages bringing people that aren't helping make the fight easier
    Maybe during events, but almost never do I get something good in the personal drop slot outside of a special event.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Maybe during events, but almost never do I get something good in the personal drop slot outside of a special event.
    Yeah it's right up there with bringing thf . Really though pretty any group you are with should be able to tag a mob with th4 without having to get an actual thf

So I just went to the mosquito camp in Reisenjima to farm JP and they were only giving around 1500 capacity point base and seemed way less evasive than I remember them. So am I imagining things or did SE do some nerfs on certain mobs and in an update and I missed it?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
    So I just went to the mosquito camp in Reisenjima to farm JP and they were only giving around 1500 capacity point base and seemed way less evasive than I remember them. So am I imagining things or did SE do some nerfs on certain mobs and in an update and I missed it?
    Capacity points per kill baseline is based solely on mob's level. Then you apply things like ROV KI's and back/rings and campaigns on top of that. If it's been a REALLY LONG TIME since you CP'd there tho, there have been a couple mob evasion nerfs in the past couple years.. Maybe you missed one?

The mob levels have not changed, so perhaps you are on a different character with fewer ROV KIs, not spamming rings, or on a new job w/ far fewer job points invested (hence fewer CP+ gifts)?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Perhaps a blessing wasn't active, check for applicable ones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk