1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    How much eso do you get now? Post patch.
    still 40

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd say "it was good while it lasted", but it was never good outside of free loot. So bon voyage I suppose. Maybe this will force them to think of ways to make the event more than an ass that drools out 210 gear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'd say "it was good while it lasted", but it was never good outside of free loot. So bon voyage I suppose. Maybe this will force them to think of ways to make the event more than an ass that drools out 210 gear.

Like part of the relic quest???

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

We got 30 eso from clearing our objectives - 2 dark crystals, mining and logging.
    We got a completely empty instance at 2pm on a wednesday (to be fair it is a day before thanksgiving, that might have something to do with it), and it was completely empty for 60mins before we said fuck it and all left because we couldn't get enough done as 7 people (p. terrible party to begin with and 1 dc'd at start).

RIP Diadem.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Oh you know this nerfing is part of to make the relic grind shittier than it needs to be.

New Merits
    BG Level

Guess ill be just spamming easy for spoils, probably gonna take longer to reach that 1k now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

well that sucks cause i didn't really spam it all that hard to gear up. w/e, this game's fucking retarded. and this is yet another example of ways they go out of their way to screw their players in a long, long list of them.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

14-man premade across two parties, no one else touching our mobs for the most part. Southwest island farming the T3-4 mobs, had a fourth s-rank pop but timed out when it was nearly dead.

Feels like a waste of time now until someone figures out how the points system works now so we can minmax.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd say the game'll be dead by the end of 2016, but there's enough braindead morons out there paying $15 for minfillia costumes to keep this thing afloat until at least 2018

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

With th way this xpac has gone I'll be surprised if it even lasts that long. They took all that was good about 2.0 and fucked it up and anything remotely decent, albeit boring, they nerf

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had high hopes for this game and 3.0 but recently it's dying down. The drive to do anything is pretty gone. Sub is up in March so I'll evaluate it then

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Hard Mode: We just tried solo farming IVs and Vs and got a message every few mobs. NMs seem to have had their HP reduced? We solo killed an NM in about 6 minutes with a 1 tank, 6 DPS, 1 healer party. I feel like we tried to do that on the night of the patch and it took way longer. With around 3 parties killing NMs and calling them on another island we were unable to fly over and get credit because they were dying too fast

However, when we joined the parties zerging IVs and Vs our messages appeared really slowly.

We only ended up getting 5 chests. The changes are pretty crippling for farming NMs, though if you ever just wanted to farm tokens for materia or something I guess that's still relatively the same since farming IIIs wouldn't matter.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I wonder how many parties/people it takes for the "reduced" rate of messages to kick in.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I wonder how many parties/people it takes for the "reduced" rate of messages to kick in.
    My hunch is that they may just give the tracks points to whichever group gets the killshot, thus evening out the spawn rate of NMs across multiple groups zerging one island.

That's how it felt in my 2pt group yesterday with how one of us would get no track messages for 20 some kills while the other one kept getting them, despite the group getting no msgs being the one pulling all the mobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So would (theoretically) splitting up and covering as many areas as possible and shouting when you get tracks be the best method? This would basically mean you have no idea if other groups are being honest, but as far as I know claim is still the same for gold chests, basically just shout it like an S rank and wait till everyone is there type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    So would (theoretically) splitting up and covering as many areas as possible and shouting when you get tracks be the best method? This would basically mean you have no idea if other groups are being honest, but as far as I know claim is still the same for gold chests, basically just shout it like an S rank and wait till everyone is there type deal.
    Killin Vs with a single pt takes up to 10m tho, they have a shit ton of hp. But yeah, this seems to be the best way, and usually, pts tend to keep quiet about their Stars unless its brachio and ocassionally Wisent. Greed ftw.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I've had the opposite experience in Normal mode. If there's any tracks or even a V up everyone screams it for the entire zone to hear. Seems like everyone enjoys the communal mindset. I guess there is security in numbers when you're dealing with patchy PF parties.

Also, before the nerf, I had tracks pop from uncovering and popping a buried chest. Unfortunately, it was inside a cave and most of my party had left by then... Was theorizing that at least before tracks might have been based on how many chests you pop rather than how many mobs you attack/kill. Not sure if it would have changed now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Seems like Tri-Island is still the best way to go even with the nerfs. We still got this which is decent, just not nearly what it was of course and has been higher than all of the runs where we tried grinding IVs and Vs solo.

The opportunity to fight other people's NMs is just too much of a draw.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not sure if this is known / posted earlier but did some testing as a single party earlier in hard mode.
    Each time we killed a rank V we got a "step" closer towards popping NM. Message would advance closer.
    Took 2 rank IVs to advance the message and took 3 Rank IIIs to advance the message. Seems the way to do it is parties just farm ranks Vs by themselves and just call out when fresh tracks are found. Don't know if this helps anyone but it seemed pretty consistent tonight. We were just looping the smaller islands with the rank V Pterodactyls to get steady tracks, not super quick but seemed to work.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How long do tracks stay up anyhow? In the offchance there's tracks from another group ready to pop on another island.