1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Seems like Tri-Island is still the best way to go even with the nerfs. We still got this which is decent, just not nearly what it was of course and has been higher than all of the runs where we tried grinding IVs and Vs solo.

The opportunity to fight other people's NMs is just too much of a draw.

Details on this? # of parties? And where was tri-island in hm? I remember scouting around and it not being the 13,17 spot.

Also all you'd have to do is post this to reddit and say "post-nerf, triceratops still best" and we'd start to have people flock there.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Details on this? # of parties? And where was tri-island in hm? I remember scouting around and it not being the 13,17 spot.

Also all you'd have to do is post this to reddit and say "post-nerf, triceratops still best" and we'd start to have people flock there.
    (30,27) is Tri-Island in HM. We had about 4 parties there at the end with about 2-3 at the very beginning.

I found something out but I would like to confirm something about buried coffers. I am unsure if it is a set number per party or a set number in the instance that repops every so often. I am leaning towards party specific.

The reason why it is important is I found 8 (I want to say its 8 but I wasn't exactly keeping track) and there were no more left that I can find. So its either another party is looking for them and found them before I can again or its party specific. I believe around 8 chests, I got the foul presence nearby (2 from NM/S rank) without any kills other than a few gathering chests found. If I remember correctly, it was 2 chest per message or maybe 3.

If someone can help test out if its party specific or instance specific with a repop timer (much harder to test) it will be great. I won't be able to go back in tonight due to lack of people but I will try my best to confirm whether or not buried chest are by party basis or by instance that everyone can see.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tried doing stuff alone as a premade two-party ally again before deciding to try murdering R4/5s with three others down with the celphies and pelicans at 14,17 in hard.

Ended up with better results. Didn't get credit on one NM due to an afk dps + one offline'd. Would have gotten two more if we went to the mob in the first place instead of being by ourself for the first while. Those mobs in question are a pain in the ass to deal with though. Had two silvers that spawned 210 gear as well.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like the cooldown timer is changing to 45 minutes from when you enter:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3458050

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Why exactly is that a thing in demand? So you can quit if you get a group of shitters? So you can complete objectives for 40 eso in 45 minutes and repeat? I'm just kinda confused by it.

e: vvvvvvvv
    I guess that's fair. I didn't consider there would be that kind of actually dedicated grinder.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy View Post
    Why exactly is that a thing in demand? So you can quit if you get a group of shitters? So you can complete objectives for 40 eso in 45 minutes and repeat? I'm just kinda confused by it.
    Yes, yes, and in the case you get a completely empty instance for 30+ mins, which ruins most groups' farming, you can leave and go in again. There are people on my server who farm diadem nonstop, I'm sure they're very happy with the change.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ok so I've been looking for this information in many places but couldnt see anything about it since all the people just farm mobs to spawn NMs, however, There has been something that I havent seen people report in here. When you kill normal mobs you usually get messages that indicate how soon the NM will spawn, there are a total of 5 messages:
    1-"You sense an ever-so-slight disturbance in the air".
    2-"You sense something foul may be lurking in the distance"
    3-"You feel a foul presence nearby"
    4-"you sense a fould presence i the immediate vicinity"
    5-"You sense a foul presence right on top of you"

However I have seen at least one more message that no one could explain to me yet. the message said something about murderous intent something like:

"The air is thick with murderous intent".

none of my party was on a gathering job so I suspected it might be related to finding hidden coffers, anyone can confirm?

EDIT: I know diadem is mostly dead but I just want to know
    EDIT: edited or accuracy

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I've seen the murderous intent message at least twice, and at least one time a star-rank mob popped w/o tracks nearby.

I have no idea if it was related. That said, the first time I saw it was a run early in its life cycle so I can't remember wtf people were doing, but we were just murdering shit on DoW/M when I saw it the second time. (We had actually recently changed island/camp but a data set of 1 isn't enough to go off of) Worth noting that it was a Brachiosaur after killing Triceratops/Diplos and moving to Hakulaq/Rexes in a DF normal run and it seemed like it was zonewide (or at least it popped for every party involved in the fighting) b/c there were lots of shouts about it.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There was something about this on Reddit recently and I think you're right and it's something to do with an NM popping when you uncover a chest. On my phone right now so not easy to check

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the info

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

mfw I rip ass while fishing

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Has anyone seen or heard of Hunting Hawk coming from gathering chests or is it DoW side of things only?

2/10 worst minion hunt so far. I've gotten kind of bored of the DoW end so I've been doing gathering a bit. Just curious. I've seen everything from Cloud Bananas to multi-drop 2* materials.