1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Judging by the lack of any icon for it, it probably defaults to "emperor's new [...]", so the same look as if you were wearing nothing. (but again, I'm just guessing)
    i dispelled a pair of NIN pants and it's not nothing. i can't really describe what it looks like though, it's not anything i remember seeing before but i don't pay much attention.

Two Bards, One Cup
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    If this is true that's great news. Guess we just got unlucky.
    I streamed for hours last night, including a Diadem that did have a gold chest off a rank IV and a bronze chest with a i210 item. I can look at my archives when I am home from work later and find timestamps for proof.

I am also interested in learning more about the system messages that show up about 'foul stench' and 'murderous intent', in addition to the 'fresh tracks' that can be clicked. Do all parties see those system messages? Can all parties see the fresh tracks? If not, some parties may be blind in the instance and not causing some Vs and star ranks to pop.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Renavi Silenas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
    I streamed for hours last night, including a Diadem that did have a gold chest off a rank IV and a bronze chest with a i210 item. I can look at my archives when I am home from work later and find timestamps for proof.

I am also interested in learning more about the system messages that show up about 'foul stench' and 'murderous intent', in addition to the 'fresh tracks' that can be clicked. Do all parties see those system messages? Can all parties see the fresh tracks? If not, some parties may be blind in the instance and not causing some Vs and star ranks to pop.
    Don't know about the other two, but all three of our parties saw the Murderous Intent message at the same time while we were in there, nothing came of it though that we noticed.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    They all say "Projectable: Yes", so I'm under the impression that means you can replace the glamour. I do wonder what it does if you try to use a Glamour Dispeller on it though. (I didn't do skynamis yet, so I don't have any to test with)
    I've done it. There is a model.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...197bc160df.jpg

You can find the model of any piece by linking the item, then right clicking from the linked item and select try on.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well. I just got a 210 piece out of a bronze chest.
    I wonder what the chance is.

@imgur /dHARDbE.png
    (10 Post url limit or something)

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

How are the secondaries on it? I wonder if the tier of chest effects that too, because most of the 210 gear from silvers I've seen has been shitty but the golds I've seen have had a boatload of secondaries on.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

They were kinda bad, but I would account that to RNG tbh.

Edit: I still wonder what the best way to spawn NMs are. Grind IVs? Or just go annihilate everything?

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Got this for my BLM on my first Diadem Hard run:

This body too, which isn't bad, but doesn't beat Goetia Coat. Maybe a nice piece if I needed to swap in for ACC? :

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How is hard different than normal for you?

Two Bards, One Cup
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.twitch.tv/outofteabags/v/25181309

A rank II mob dropping gold treasure chest @ 17:09 into this video.
    A bronze treasure chest with i210 item @ 1:09:58 into this video.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Skynamis

That t-rex gangbang island is great place to farm some chests. We got 54 chests of which 9 were gold tier. I was lucky and it dropped a belt and bracelets for my BRD.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/r...pskj2aitra.png

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/r...pswaj8yqhx.png

At one point we had 2 NMs, 4 t-rexs and few of those little shits that keep throwing vulnerability around on top of each other. Dodging all of the ongoing AoE wasnt that easy lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yeah, had the Bull and Serpent NMs pop ontop of each other in that spot too.
    Paralysis + Heavy + Fairly Large AoEs made it quite hectic.

They really could use a feature to remove items in a gear set from the turn in list for spoils as I'm sure one day I'll not be paying as much attention as I should be when turning stuff in and there'll be tears.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, there should be a setting to exclude any item in your Armoury Chest.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Friend linked this on our TS sometime earlier tonight...

He wasn't still on when I saw the link so I didn't get to ask, but that must've been an interesting fight.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With the way these stats are, I'm willing to believe newer gear additions will be exceptionally broken, lol.

Getting this gear will suck if you aren't in a static. If you are in a static, this will be an excellent way to time sink if you are stuck on the A3S hump, I'd imagine.

I can see why Hobo looted the hell out of that body, even if it was a dick move.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah the power creep is going to need to be insane to top this. We're going to see abyssea level balance problems. SE dropped the ball hard here. This even giving 210 was a terrible idea from the start unless hard was actually hard. But it's not. It's a complete joke walkover just like we knew it'd be.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If raid gear in 3.2 is as good as it always has been but lets you meld 2-3 materia (5 if overmelding is allowed) then this gear is pretty much on par with that if you get really good rolls. Catchup patches have always thrown welfare gear that was comparable (and on rare occasion better) than the current raid gear, I don't really have a problem with it but I wouldn't be opposed to the pink gear being something like 5 ilvls below and with a slightly stricter cap on secondaries in 3.3 and onwards (assuming they keep diadem relevent/updated). Either way I think it's silly people are bothered so much by this, this might be the furthest they've taken it but catchup patches have pretty much always been like this, I'm actually super glad they've gone this far since I can actually grind and play my alts at equal capacity to my main now, something I haven't been able to do so quickly in the past.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Balance problems? Maybe, at least it's actually fun open world content with a lot of freedom. In this instance even I don't understand the complainers. Everyone bitched that the only point to doing Savage is to get gear that's going to be replaced in a couple patches (because there's no extra story) and that it's practically impossible to keep a static together for it since there's barely an incentive to do it in the first place. Now you can actually do fun content with your FC or whoever without having specific static members on and get similar or better gear and people are bitching about that.

Let's face it, entire game aside from current raid and KOTR is basically faceroll at this point and that wasn't going to be different with or without Diadem 210s. Going forward, that will probably still hold true, as itemization is really broken and most content caters to casuals. What the game really needs is shit like Diadem that's fun to do and potentially rewarding to players. It's as hard or as easy as you want it to be and luck is a large determining factor. Lots of people wanted this and finally got it, and it's clear it's the direction the game needs to be going. More raids for the 1% is nice but pointless if it's not fun or there's barely an incentive to do it. More faceroll content for the LCDs is a yawnfest to a decent portion of the playerbase. There needs to be more content of mutable difficulty that rewards all players well enough to justify doing and having fun doing. If SE doesn't completely screw this up in the future by not expanding on it correctly or dumping it altogether I don't see how it can be construed as a bad thing (except maybe by the 1% who were really enjoying throwing themselves at AS every week). But the only thing 210 gear is currently really needed for is raid anyhow, which people who were inclined to raid would be getting already. Bunch of casuals running around in 210s doesn't mean they can clear raids, it just means they have better gear to do casual content with.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah it really doesn't matter I figure they see low ass clear rates and make gear that better than usual to compensate for that. When 3.2 drops they add the materia gimick to boost past this hump.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As I see it, this is exactly what the game needed. You can actually do meaningful content with a non-8 number of people, and it accomplishes the dual goals of letting you gear up alt jobs while simultaneously giving you a decent reward for unwanted drops. I felt like even in Normal, there was something to do the entire time we were in.

Maybe things will change after a couple of weeks, but so far, I like it. We haven't unlocked Hard yet, but I could easily see this replacing our Savage raid nights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast