1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can see why some competitive raiders are a bit worried about BiS gear coming from an event like the Diadem. But remember that the ilvl gap is much bigger in 3.x. Couple this with the changes to materia melding and crafted gear and the start of 3.2 is likely going to be fairly different from what we’re used to. World First raiders have typically bought and melded crafted gear to get a slight advantage, and in 3.2 they’ll have a full set of it available (right and left side).

Yoshi-P also said this about the 3.x series:

Yoshida: Since we have some ambitious goals, there may be some content which doesn't work out so well, but we hope to create a new adventure that everyone can enjoy.

Yoshida: We definitely want to bring a different kind of excitement from what was offered with A Realm Reborn,

Yoshida: The launch of Heavensward is building that foundation. It's a launch pad for where we can start our evolution.

"With the 3.X patch series, we're trying to figure out how to bolster the community," he says. "We want to get them involved in something more public and open."

We wanted to give an old MMO-like feel for this one, and for FFXIV it'll be fresh content that hasn't been seen before.
    I think Yoshi-P has basically tried to solve 3 or 4 problems that the player base has had with past content. They’ve:

- given us FC content
    - given us BiS gear in an odd-numbered patch
    - made it easier to gear up alt jobs
    - given us content that is more open and unstructured

In doing this they’ve made it so that competitive raiders feel the need to grind the Diadem in order to prepare for 3.2. This might be what Yoshi-P was talking about when he said "there may be some content which doesn't work out so well." But we still don’t know the extent to which the materia changes will shake up progression, so it’s too early to tell if gear from the Diadem will actually be that much of an advantage.

Patch 3.2 won’t bring any brand new content to Exploratory Missions, but Yoshi-P has said there will be some “adjustments” to it, whatever that might mean. But this is a feature that will be expanded upon in the 3.x series. It’s likely we’ll get new zones in 3.3 and 3.5 with new mechanics and features. They’ve talked about sky battles with outfitted airships, actually being onboard and controlling an airship with your group, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if they borrow more elements from Dynamis and Abyssea in each patch.

It's definitely not perfect, but it seems like a step in the right direction at least.

So this looks set to have some serious legs if they keep on top of it, fucking hell.

I said it before but...just rip off FFXI expansions Yosheep, Salvage and Campagn, seeing as I missed theb oat spectacularly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Is there anything special you need to do with your airships to unlock hard mode?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Is there anything special you need to do with your airships to unlock hard mode?
    As far as I know it's just like unlocking any other sector.

So no, just prayer and luck.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wasn't personally there, but members from my FC reported getting a 210 item from gold chest in easy mode, dropped by a rank 1 mob. I questioned it for confirmation and several other FC members confirmed it. I suspect an extremely low occurance with lower ranks, but possible.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    I wasn't personally there, but members from my FC reported getting a 210 item from gold chest in easy mode, dropped by a rank 1 mob. I questioned it for confirmation and several other FC members confirmed it. I suspect an extremely low occurance with lower ranks, but possible.
    I got the drop, I can confirm it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks Kim (lootwhore!)

New Merits
    BG Level

It seems that possible max stat combinations are something like this:

2x High stat (70-90) and 1x low (1-20-30)
    1x High 2x Medium (30-50~60) 1x low
    3x mid
    2x mid and 2x low

Just what I have been checking loot pictures pretty much all of them seem to follow this pattern

Two Bards, One Cup
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So there are five different stages of the 'foul presence' levels. They are at different stages per party and messages pop up as you get more kills.

The last two levels are immediate vicinity -> on top of you. Once you see the 'on top of you' message, a clickable 'fresh tracks' will pop on a party member and can randomly spawn a rank V or rank star mob in normal mode. It takes 20-30 kills between fresh tracks.

If you have multiple parties going HAM, then the fresh tracks can pop around the same time. Better to coordinate who is popping through shout than having 2+ star ranks at the same spot at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    It seems that possible max stat combinations are something like this:

2x High stat (70-90) and 1x low (1-20-30)
    1x High 2x Medium (30-50~60) 1x low
    3x mid
    2x mid and 2x low

Just what I have been checking loot pictures pretty much all of them seem to follow this pattern

This item says hello to your theory

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTlRAaOXIAAFF5i.png

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Is that the BRD pants? If so they're fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Is that the BRD pants? If so they're fake.
    godamnit I knew they were too good to be true.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    godamnit I knew they were too good to be true.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ts_are/cwxinmh

Hm I wonder where tank pieces fall in line since those can have 5 stats. Have there been any stat limitations on healing gear like accuracy? I'm wondering if a piece with acc, piety, crit, det, ss is possible. Or are tank pieces the only exception to this rule because of parry?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I've yet to see a healer piece with accuracy so I do think tanks can get the best possible combinations if there's no secondary stat cap. If there's a cap parry wastes points.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No healer Acc gear here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I've yet to see a healer piece with accuracy so I do think tanks can get the best possible combinations if there's no secondary stat cap. If there's a cap parry wastes points.
    Yoshida remarked in a recent interview we could get random stats unappealing to our role, like spell speed for slaying.
    From http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126...Yoshida-on-3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshida
    In addition, even if you get item level 210 gear, you may have a poor selection of secondary parameters. You might be a melee DPS that gets stuck with spell speed.
    If this were the case, ACC on healing gear seems likely. But there haven't been any heartbreaker rolls or inappropriately affixed stats. Maybe they backed out at the last second? Mistranslation?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well someone I just talked to said they got a piece with ACC, no pic or anything as they tokened it but at least there is hearsay.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sent out ship once to Sector 22 and unlocked Diadem Hard

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Yoshida remarked in a recent interview we could get random stats unappealing to our role, like spell speed for slaying.
    From http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126...Yoshida-on-3.1

If this were the case, ACC on healing gear seems likely. But there haven't been any heartbreaker rolls or inappropriately affixed stats. Maybe they backed out at the last second? Mistranslation?

I was under the impression as well that Diadem could do silly things like that.

I'm going to assume that Yoshida just has no idea what he's talking about and doesn't really understand how aetherial gear worked in the past and is using some sort of FFXI logic where we would get lightning resistance +1 rather than a useful stat and probably thinks that's the same case for aetherial gear stat allocation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast