1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    It seems that possible max stat combinations are something like this:

2x High stat (70-90) and 1x low (1-20-30)
    1x High 2x Medium (30-50~60) 1x low
    3x mid
    2x mid and 2x low

Just what I have been checking loot pictures pretty much all of them seem to follow this pattern
    Hm, the body my NIN just got seems to fall in line with this:

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Casual FC adventures in Diadem Hard for the first time, pretty much going in blind https://eldelphia.wordpress.com/2015...e-diadem-hard/
    Some screenshots too.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The impression I'm getting from Hard mode is to not even bother with it unless you got two parties coordinating? The HP bloat on the 5/S-Ranks is unbelievable if you're the only party in the zone.

Or you get the shitty buffalo and are forever paralyzed, and casters/healers die inside a little since they can't get a single cast off.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    The impression I'm getting from Hard mode is to not even bother with it unless you got two parties coordinating? The HP bloat on the 5/S-Ranks is unbelievable if you're the only party in the zone.

Or you get the shitty buffalo and are forever paralyzed, and casters/healers die inside a little since they can't get a single cast off.

I've only done Hardmode but yes the S mobs are huge time sinks, hell the Vs are as well even with 2 parties.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

If you do HM, it is probably better to go 1 tank 1 healer and farm tier IV's since it seems that in HM stars are guaranteed from the fresh tracks, whereas you can get extremely unlucky and only get Tier V's from them in normal.

Went into HM as an 8 man.

Yeah, that was a waste of time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Went in through an FC airship as a party of four.
    We got thrown together with another party of 4 somehow as if we had joined through DF, with a timer (their timer) left of 17mins. Running with someone who's on restricted time meant we were done for the night after 17mins =/
    Yesterday, we had gone through with 2 and not been paired with anyone (as it should be).

Shit's broken, yo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hear there are multiple-star-rank mobs that can drop multiple chests. Any truth to that? I'm skeptical.

On the plus side, I quite liked getting my ass kicked, not sure if a full Alliance will make it feel on Par with a normal difficulty fight but it'llb e a while before I'm going to prepared enough to find out.

Really pleased with this mode so far.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Renavi Silenas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://puu.sh/ljKlB/6091ca5307.jpg

Went in to HM with 24man tonight, did pretty well. Another alliance/group spawned a couple S ranks for us too. No useful gear from that run though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    It seems that possible max stat combinations are something like this:

2x High stat (70-90) and 1x low (1-20-30)
    1x High 2x Medium (30-50~60) 1x low
    3x mid
    2x mid and 2x low

Just what I have been checking loot pictures pretty much all of them seem to follow this pattern
    In addition to this, I believe you can also get these:

1x High
    1x Mid > Currently using i210 mnk feet with +50~crit.
    1x Low > Dropped i210 tank belt with +10~ crit. Passed it immediately.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I got some nice boots last night. I don't have a screenshot, but I got 1 x Med, 3 x Low.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just clarifying, if you do hard from a fc airship its not putting you in a zone with 50 other people like the easy mode? only the people/ally you queued with from the fc?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Just clarifying, if you do hard from a fc airship its not putting you in a zone with 50 other people like the easy mode? only the people/ally you queued with from the fc?
    No, it works like easy mode. No guarantee it'll be full - started a Hard last night at 2 AM and by the end we were the only people in the zone - but there will be other people.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep - HM is basically just an "exclusive" zone for people with FC airships that can access it, so people who enter from Easy or Normal will not be able to hop into it. That's the only difference in that regard. But at times it can queue you into someone else's spawned instance so you could end up plopping in with 10-20 minutes left lol.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I dunno if instancing is server or data center based, we went in to hard last night on Leviathan (Primal) with 7 of us and there was plenty of other groups in there. Just made a habit of shouting what island we were on and people would show up and help, I ended up just grabbing everything I could and we AoE'd shit down. Got 3 NM pops in a row at one point, was pretty glorious. I dunno if grinding Normal or Hard is more productive though, even pulling like 5 things at once it was taking forever to kill stuff. Our group was super disorganized (every time we'd finish a pull people would fly off, other groups not listening and trying to grind on other islands filled with awful mobs), but here was our final haul:
    Spoiler: show

Might see if I can organize a big AoE zerg in Normal mode and see if the bigger/faster pulls make it better than normal. But you can definitely have a productive night in Hard mode without dragging multiple parties so long as your instance isn't completely dead.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Cutest
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is there a way to bring split parties into the same instance 100% of the time? (party of 6 + 3 etc., for leftovers).

That aside we've been doing that as well, for hard mode anyways. The deeper island around the SE region (dino+green sanuwa) is pretty effective for the whole zone to farm and chain spawn NMs like you stated, though the speed varies on if the other groups can carry their weight as well. lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This event is so... lame. Maybe i'm just not that kind of player but it feels crude and slapped together with no thought behind it. Is this really what people want...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sadly, the answer is probably yes for most of the user base. Its a very casual friendly way to gear up and participate in large-scale fights.

Its very mindless though, and kinda boring.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    This event is so... lame. Maybe i'm just not that kind of player but it feels crude and slapped together with no thought behind it. Is this really what people want...
    Yep. The casual people have said "end-game Raiding/Hardcore raiding is a dead concept, this is the proper way to gear your players." So yoshi listened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast