1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I dunno if instancing is server or data center based, we went in to hard last night on Leviathan (Primal) with 7 of us and there was plenty of other groups in there. Just made a habit of shouting what island we were on and people would show up and help, I ended up just grabbing everything I could and we AoE'd shit down. Got 3 NM pops in a row at one point, was pretty glorious. I dunno if grinding Normal or Hard is more productive though, even pulling like 5 things at once it was taking forever to kill stuff. Our group was super disorganized (every time we'd finish a pull people would fly off, other groups not listening and trying to grind on other islands filled with awful mobs), but here was our final haul:
    Spoiler: show

Might see if I can organize a big AoE zerg in Normal mode and see if the bigger/faster pulls make it better than normal. But you can definitely have a productive night in Hard mode without dragging multiple parties so long as your instance isn't completely dead.
    Thats pretty damn good for hard. I hear NMs pop 100% off fresh tracks in Hard Mode, where as in Normal its only a chance for them to pop. Best Ive seen so far in Normal is 6 slained NMs, with around 6 or so gold chests.

I did go to HM with this one fc in my server, but for some reason they didnt want t kill lvl5 mobs, which in turn being a colossal waste of time.

And also, fuck off SE... My FC airships have done about 10 trips total to s21/22 and still havent unlocked HM diadem.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    And also, fuck off SE... My FC airships have done about 10 trips total to s21/22 and still havent unlocked HM diadem.
    Jesus, did you put rocket boosters on them all or something? Mine haven't even come back from their 2nd trip out, and 10 implies that you have ships coming back from their 3rd run.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    This event is so... lame. Maybe i'm just not that kind of player but it feels crude and slapped together with no thought behind it. Is this really what people want...
    Wait you mean bosses who do nothing but ground AoEs are neither exciting or fun? SHOCK.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

@Kiarax, that sounds like a good idea to me. I think we'll go back into Hard Mode and do something similar but we're going to try Normal over the weekend. We did have people being awfully distracted so I'm going to try and get them focused once the initial 'ooooh shiny!' reaction has worn off.

Old Merits
    BG Level

There was not even enough time to do 10 trips so far....

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do your airships have at least 90 Surveillance? 90 Surveillance is the min req to enter, so that might also be a req to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    4 ships with Tatanora sails (maybe even Odyssey) could have done it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Do your airships have at least 90 Surveillance? 90 Surveillance is the min req to enter, so that might also be a req to unlock.
    I'm relatively certain you can't even send your ship to any of the rank 50 islands without 90+ surveillance.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    There is definitively enough time to do so.

If you use:
    Enterprise Hull
    Tatanora Sail
    Enterprise Forecastle
    Enterprise Aftcastle

Had you sent them out to return right after maintenance with this combo you would have had 12 total trips by now if you were punctual about sending them out right when they have returned.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

90 minutes of killing hp bloated mobs isn't all that fun. would prefer a lower time length and less trash loot to sort through.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    90 minutes of killing hp bloated mobs isn't all that fun. would prefer a lower time length and less trash loot to sort through.
    But you literally farm this for the trash loot to get materia V for 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    There is definitively enough time to do so.

If you use:
    Enterprise Hull
    Tatanora Sail
    Enterprise Forecastle
    Enterprise Aftcastle

Had you sent them out to return right after maintenance with this combo you would have had 12 total trips by now if you were punctual about sending them out right when they have returned.
    My ships all have tatanora sails atm, mostly to keep em doin loops to the s21/22 sectors to try and unlock. And yeah, 90ish surveillance, some have 120 or so. They have no range/retrieval, but thats ok for now, idgaf about ventures loot atm.

And Yeah, solo FC so I keep em going back as soon as they return.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Maybe I'm missing something, but what good does unlocking Skynamis (Hard) do for a solo FC? Going to temporarily invite people to the FC whenever you use it?

(I'm also very impressed at your ability to provide the FC with enough FC points to upkeep the ceruleum)

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what good does unlocking Skynamis (Hard) do for a solo FC?
    Uh, pf? Lots of ppl in ishgard wanting to do hard mode, xcept noone has it unlocked/no fc.

Well I am a master crafter.. spam crafts a lot so my fc usually sittin at 1k points at any one time. But Yeah, you can have others join you in fc trips, as "mercenaries".

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah, but if they want to bring more than 1 party, you'd need to invite more people to the FC just to use the other airships, if I understand the limitations correctly (party leader must be part of the FC that owns the airships, I think?). I mean, that's probably okay, it's just a hassle. The way people were talking earlier, it sounded like doing hard mode with just a single party was kind-of a crapshoot.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah, but if they want to bring more than 1 party, you'd need to invite more people to the FC just to use the other airships, if I understand the limitations correctly (party leader must be part of the FC that owns the airships, I think?). I mean, that's probably okay, it's just a hassle. The way people were talking earlier, it sounded like doing hard mode with just a single party was kind-of a crapshoot.
    Wat? Just have a member of your FC lead each party. It's really not that complicated.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Wat? Just have a member of your FC lead each party. It's really not that complicated.
    Keep up.
    what good does unlocking Skynamis (Hard) do for a solo FC?

you still meet up with others in the instance, its not like you´ll be there on your own

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Keep up.
    Pretty sure you could drop your FC and rejoin after you finished. Really don't think there would be an issue long as people understood what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Pretty sure you could drop your FC and rejoin after you finished. Really don't think there would be an issue long as people understood what was going on.
    There is a cd after leaving an fc to rejoin another. Or at least, there was one before.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

There is a cd after leaving an fc to rejoin another. Or at least, there was one before.
    Are you sure? I switch around my alts between 2 personal FCs frequently to teleport them between houses.

Edit: I guess the issue might be you can't rejoin the same FC again. I normally only do 1 switch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast