1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Void Ark Compendium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Yeah, and the fending boots I mentioned were drops, so I've already locked out. Void Ark now offers me nothing for the rest of the week.
    I haven't even gotten a drop and I have no compelling reason to go back really.

At this point secondaries can be geared with Esos and upgraded with hunts, not to mention airship venture gear being potentially better from the start anyway.

God knows I won't be going back for glamour.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's a DPS check, since they get stacks longer they're alive, then when they form one body again it's either auto wipe or you'll wish it's a wipe since usually you have 2 OTs who refuse to pick the boss up when the MT dies.

It's a real shame because the designs and even ideas for the fights are kind of cool, but it's just so easy. Feels even easier than even WoD which -- while certainly not the hardest content -- at least had mechanics that had to be worked. I wish they'd add some housing items or little pet versions of the bosses to incentive the next one more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think Echidna does drop a Minion. At least, it's in the patch notes and in the datamined content.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

From the .dat mining thread, this one seems highly highly likely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    I think Echidna does drop a Minion. At least, it's in the patch notes and in the datamined content.
    I never had motivation to run them for the minions that are piss rare and 24 people get to roll on. Shits stupid.

Too bad they fixed the 2/0 CT dungeons in this regard... but kinda too late for that since you can't low man them

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I haven't even gotten a drop and I have no compelling reason to go back really.

At this point secondaries can be geared with Esos and upgraded with hunts, not to mention airship venture gear being potentially better from the start anyway.

God knows I won't be going back for glamour.
    Eh, good skynamis gear only drops from Gold, and then it's heavily RNG. Gold takes some doing to get, too. Esos are still capped at 450/week and alex normal is inferior. Unless you get a savage group, it's still worth getting your weekly drop, if you care about gearing a secondary or three. Speeds shit up.

Motivation for gearing alts has generally always been pretty paper thin: gear them for what? Anything that matters you're still gonna go on your main.

The fact that they offered alternatives (potentially superior alternatives) this time makes it even less urgent.

Also remember when they said something about a change to discourage people from dropping as soon as the boss they wanted their drop from was killed?

How bout that, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Davorin View Post
    Observed Irmisul/Sawtooth being vulnerable to melee damage full time, while magic damage and ranged damage immunities swapped.
    This is probably my lack of raid experience here but, I noticed more than just Sawtooth not taking some of my dots on SMN. Its like a couple will not even stick and I kept thinking I did not cast it to begin with.

I figured it was immunity but it would be only one and the others would stick or none at all. When I say "stick" I mean I can see the status effect on his healthbar.
    And I did not check my log to see what it said. When I normally get immunity I see the words "IMMUNE" or the like, in my flying text.
    I would go closer, figuring it was my distance and sometimes that would work, other times I could get them to stick at that distance. I was wondering if it was lag too but I normally have no lag issues.

I will make a point of checking my log, now that I see here that immunity is a mechanic for those two.

So:

1. Is it possible to see the status icon on the mob's bar if "immunity" flying text appears?
    2. Is resistance the same as immune and does any of those leave a status icon? I thought resistance meant the mob built a resistance over time from stacking but it differed from the kind of resistance that you get when you attack a tough mob that is too high for your level.
    Well I appreciate the info!

Love Void ark, got caster body after about 4 or 5 runs. It was really nice doing content for the first time with a full party of people doing their first clear too. It is completely foreign to me to be in a party of people and actually learning what the strats are at the same time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Also remember when they said something about a change to discourage people from dropping as soon as the boss they wanted their drop from was killed?

How bout that, huh?
    Lost all the dps on one alliance after the first boss lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Lost all the dps on one alliance after the first boss lol
    Thats pretty sad.. I wouldn't even consider dropping pt after i got my loot but I did notice people suddenly vanishing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The purple accessories on the Healer body glow, is it the same for the other body pieces?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yes it's the same. I have caster body which also has glowy bits and saw the (pretty cool) brd/mch body that has glowy ammo on a bandoleer across the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    This is probably my lack of raid experience here but, I noticed more than just Sawtooth not taking some of my dots on SMN. Its like a couple will not even stick and I kept thinking I did not cast it to begin with.

I figured it was immunity but it would be only one and the others would stick or none at all. When I say "stick" I mean I can see the status effect on his healthbar.
    And I did not check my log to see what it said. When I normally get immunity I see the words "IMMUNE" or the like, in my flying text.
    I would go closer, figuring it was my distance and sometimes that would work, other times I could get them to stick at that distance. I was wondering if it was lag too but I normally have no lag issues.

I will make a point of checking my log, now that I see here that immunity is a mechanic for those two.

So:

1. Is it possible to see the status icon on the mob's bar if "immunity" flying text appears?
    2. Is resistance the same as immune and does any of those leave a status icon? I thought resistance meant the mob built a resistance over time from stacking but it differed from the kind of resistance that you get when you attack a tough mob that is too high for your level.
    Well I appreciate the info!

Love Void ark, got caster body after about 4 or 5 runs. It was really nice doing content for the first time with a full party of people doing their first clear too. It is completely foreign to me to be in a party of people and actually learning what the strats are at the same time.
    Mobs can only have 64 negative status effects (only 32 are actually displayed on their status bar), in alliance raids they can easily have more than that which causes them to stop being applied.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Thats pretty sad.. I wouldn't even consider dropping pt after i got my loot but I did notice people suddenly vanishing.
    I have to wonder if those people had actually already gotten the weekly upgrade token reward, or were just that clueless that they didn't even realise that Square Enix would never design a system where leaving an instance group partway rewards the player as much as it rewards players for staying through to the end.

I very much doubt people were dropping mid-run before their first clear.

Beyond your first clear of the week SE gave no incentive to stay the whole run, thus people do not stay they whole run.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I very much doubt people were dropping mid-run before their first clear.

Beyond your first clear of the week SE gave no incentive to stay the whole run, thus people do not stay they whole run.
    That's true, but if duty finder has taught me anything about the average player it's that common sense or the willingness to read (in this case, patch notes) is sorely lacking.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

How bout that, huh?
    The change is the 3rd and last boss has the same drop table.

Also, how about that "depending on the route you take"? >.> Like i said, I don't know why yoshi even says that.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

"Depending on route taken" has been in the notes since LotA