1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Void Ark Compendium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I wondered if it was just a shitty translation about "no matter what alliance you're in" because it never made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The change is the 3rd and last boss has the same drop table.

Also, how about that "depending on the route you take"? >.> Like i said, I don't know why yoshi even says that.

Is it only the third and the last boss? I heard it was more? Someone I know said that he saw blm gloves drop on 3 bosses or so in the same run.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Is it only the third and the last boss? I heard it was more? Someone I know said that he saw blm gloves drop on 3 bosses or so in the same run.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...y/dafc57bc245/

Too lazy to click here you go

1st boss:
    Head, Hands, Belt

2nd boss:
    Head, Legs, Shoes

3rd boss:
    Body, Belt, Shoes

4th boss:
    Body, Hands, Legs
    (Minion/Furniture)

3 is impossible for the same party, but dupes are possible as it looks like every slot has 2 bosses

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep, seen double Heal body twice on the 3rd boss. So they tried...but yeah, I have seen the fallout after 1 boss where Alliance B completely vanished lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I was under the impression every boss can drop anything, to prevent people from bailing after the first boss, ect.. BUT I GUESS NOT

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I was under the impression every boss can drop anything, to prevent people from bailing after the first boss, ect.. BUT I GUESS NOT
    Well, it's kind of that way, since everything can drop from at least 2 bosses, you have a second chance for drops. Only people going for the head can drop on the second boss, everyone else has to wait for the third at least, at which point you may as well just do Echidna for the tomes since she's piss easy anyways.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Cuchulain's tentacle move is the dumbest thing to dodge ever. It takes about 5 DBZ episodes to charge it and yet people still get hit by this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Cuchulain's tentacle move is the dumbest thing to dodge ever. It takes about 5 DBZ episodes Namek minutes to charge it and yet people still get hit by this.
    I had a group that took three attempts to get past the last boss's "DPS check"

I've seen a BLM just use Fire 1 and Blizzard 1. Like, what the literal fuck. I don't see these people in my Expert Roulettes ever.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It takes about 5 DBZ episodes to charge it.
    lol loved the reference, reminded me of Freezer trying to blow the greenmen planet in 5 mins, still on the same 5 mins 10 episode later.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Cuchulain's tentacle move is the dumbest thing to dodge ever. It takes about 5 DBZ episodes to charge it and yet people still get hit by this.
    I simply say:

"Unless you're a Japanese Schoolgirl I'm pretty sure you can dodge this no problem."

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wouldn't that just distract all the waifu players with one hand on their dicks even more?

So I'm pretty sure this is the worst 24 man raid yet, I think I'm bored of it already. It's almost all aesthetics and no mechanics (as well as probably being the easiest one to date when it taken as current content).

I think I came to this conclusion when fighting the second boss, as a PLD OT Tank, I was mostly, just wailing on a big Eldritch Abomination type Root or whatever the fuck it is, I'm there, doing less damage then actual dps classes and wondering why the hell there isn't any OT mechanics here, and as mentioned the fight itself form ost of the raid is beating up the thing in the middle and occaisionally killing the weak ads and dodging easy as fuck aoes.

Even WoD, when it lacked for reasons for the other 2 Tanks to be needed, had shit like 2 Parties having to be devoured by Cerberus to fuck up his insides while the party outside fought him and the Ads or the Atomos shit.

I think maybe I like LotA the best, it felt the most group orientated raid, and was pretty cool with it, things like the Atomos Platforms that not only required more than one Tank (although I think LotA had 2 Tanks per party? madness) but also that each party had a setup that supported the next, I liked Thanatos' mechanic with the Pots and parties taking turns to be able to actually hurt him, the 3 Vassagos and King Behemoth fights were good too.

I almost feel the most interesting part of Void Ark is the gas room, I do like Chu Chulain and I guess Echidna is a better actual fight than CoD?

I'll be giving VA more tries in various classes and roles though, see if that changes my opinion at all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Technically the 2nd boss is the only one I can think of that "requires" two tanks as both bosses auto-attack and iirc the root hits kind of hard on a DPS. Manta dude and blob don't require additional tanks, but I guess when Echnida splits the 3 mobs fixate on tanks to make them worthwhile lol..

That said, I've always found 24-mans vaguely boring since you only need like 4 or 5 people to pay attention.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

LotA is the best by far.

Every fight at least at some sort of decent group mechanic. 2nd tower was ok as well.

Skeletons
    Atomos
    Pots + one party at a time doing damage
    Towers and placing rocks plus the big adds
    Finally the group stack for the shield, plus the final boss had the best AoE (for its time)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can't you just solo tank boss 2? Either way, most face roll raid yet zzz

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

requires is in quotes for a reason

Too bad it's so easy now, I had fond memories of shit like the Vassago fight, trying to be the first group to kill their Vassago and when all 3 are dead everyone absolutely fucking buttfucks the bomb.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing about LotA is it looks like it was original intended to be a Coils-level Raid. Most of the bosses didn't mess around and there were usually more mechanics than dodge-this-aoe and hit-this-add.

On another note. Has anyone actually seen the Minion drop? I haven't seen that shit at all in 9 or so runs. The XIV minion website shows 34 verified owners, so I'm thinking the drop rate for this shit is way, way, way worse than either CT minion pre-patch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I saw a minion drop this week.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, Minion drop rate seems to be abysmal. I haven't seen the Card yet, either, and I actually want it.