1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Void Ark Compendium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And what about the housing item?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wish I could get a DF party that can get passed the third boss without going full retard

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    And what about the housing item?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://puu.sh/lu31H/118d1ffb28.jpg

Sargantanas. About the same.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

One hasn't even made an appearance on Siren yet. Which sucks because I want it for a house sooo bad.

New Merits
    BG Level

Player(s) on Ragnarok are retarded:

http://puu.sh/lusue/e93174c315.jpg

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That literally makes me weep.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    http://puu.sh/lu31H/118d1ffb28.jpg

Sargantanas. About the same.
    And it's shiney! Silly amount of gil, but.. what else is it good for anyway? I tried to take a screenshot, but with the lights off something weird happens to the quality of it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just had a run where Cuchulainn broke after the first wave of Foobars. Never spawned a second, stopped autoattacking, we just burned through his stoneskins and then killed him. I don't know what caused it, but I'm sure not complaining.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy View Post
    Just had a run where Cuchulainn broke after the first wave of Foobars. Never spawned a second, stopped autoattacking, we just burned through his stoneskins and then killed him. I don't know what caused it, but I'm sure not complaining.
    Something they supposedly fixed in last hotfix.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what exactly are the mechanics for the second trash phase with the knots and tentacles and static pads?

I want to know exactly what to shout at people for messing up.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I remember right, if a knot blows up, it contaminates the air which poisons the alliance, and stepping on the three pads at once activates the fan which clears the air.

Said pads have a cooldown on them after use dictated by that static animation.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    So what exactly are the mechanics for the second trash phase with the knots and tentacles and static pads?

I want to know exactly what to shout at people for messing up.
    Tentacles are just there to make your life hell trying to destroy the knots since people tend fight the malboro away from it anyway. Knots blow up and adds an "invisible" modifier to the poison tick people get when poisoned (if you're within range of a knot blowing up) and you'll also slowly drop in health like you have a poison effect on you the longer the air stays shitty. You can also see which party isn't doing their thing if people actually position properly - as in Clockwise from where people tend to place markers.

iirc, if 3 knots explode it's basically game over as everyone will be poisoned and the pads will be on CD more than likely. It's a weird trash pull but the only thing that matters is killing the wamoura and wamouracampa so the malboro spawns and destroy knots. Hard to fuck up honestly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Saw my first Echidna this week.

Holy shit, the drop rate is retarded. Much worse than Sycrus and WoD.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've seen it once on my 2nd run of VA during the 1st week, but never since. I must've been in 30 odd times.

It's frustrating too. Not only do you need 99 to win (the rolls seem rigged in this game. If it's not 99 then someone would always beat you by 1) the drop is already so terrible that the only way to get it is to probably farm it when we're level 70.

I've yet to get into WoD to try and get Cloud of Darkness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They recently changed Puff and Onion Knight. Now you only lot against your party and, as far as I'm aware, the drop rate is now 100%. Or, at the very least, both dropped every time for me in the last few days I've been running them.

While I'm all for rare items, Echidna is almost too rare. Who wants to lot against 24 other people for an item with a 5% drop rate?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    They recently changed Puff and Onion Knight. Now you only lot against your party and, as far as I'm aware, the drop rate is now 100%. Or, at the very least, both dropped every time for me in the last few days I've been running them.

While I'm all for rare items, Echidna is almost too rare. Who wants to lot against 24 other people for an item with a 5% drop rate?
    Yeah I don't mind rare stuff but like - they made QoL changes like that and seem to almost never follow up with new shit. I know it happened in XI with certain stuff like Porter mog storage but damn, no point in making coffin lid and a useless minion an item to lot against 24 people.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

In maybe 20 runs I've never seen a minion, coffin lid OR card.

Finally got the Tank Chest, now I never need to run VA as Tank again. I hate Tanking it for the most part but I always ran it as WAR for the chest and to be 100% sure slashing debuff would be up on my end, not likely I'll be the only WAR in the whole alliance with no NIN but parts have you either on your own-ish or with your party where that scenario is more likely.

Holy shit I love that Poison Gas room though.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So what's the tanking etiquette for Malboro in the second trash pack? I was under the impression you grab the one your group spawns clockwise from the two wamouras your kill, and drag it back to where your camp's knot spawns so melee can bounce between 'em, but every group I've tanked in the past two weeks were saying I've been grabbing the wrong Malboro. There must be some stupid unwritten inefficient strat I'm unaware of.