1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Void Ark Compendium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Void Ark Compendium

I didn't see anything on here yet, so figure we can get one started just to help get people into farm mode for alts a little quicker.

Boss 1: Cetus

Mostly Tank n' Spank and dodge, midway through the fight he will split people up some will be inside the forcefield with Cletus and an orb, and some will be outside. Just everyone kill the orbs ASAP and back to tank n' spank.

If you stand behind it you will trigger a backwards conal AoE that is heavy damage and Paralyze.

He also has another move that requires everyone to stack ont he boss to avoid a full arena AoE.

Boss 2: Sawtooth/Irminsul(sp?)

HIm and the plant in the middle of the room seem to share HP. Whenever one gets lower than the other they switch HP's. They also switch vunerabilities throughout the fight.

Ranged DPS - Always active on both.
    Physical Immunity and Magic Immunity switch back and forth.

At the beginning of the fight Irminsul starts with a 0/100 growth bar. Everytime an add OR player gets eaten by AoE sludge pools the bar goes up by 5. If that bar hits 100. Game Over. The mechanic is simple enough to beat, just don't stand in sludge and kill the adds ASAP.

Occasionally AoE toxic circles will spawn on 3 players, anyone inside the radius of any of these with become tethered to each other and be unable to do anything until they are free'd. To free them someone just needs to run through the tether.

Twice through the fight Sawtooth will cast Shockwave Stomp. To avoid this just LoS him with Irminsul.

Prefix to 3rd boss, 3 Cerberus adds will spawn and all start casting a move called Abyssal Cry. 5k+ raid wide damage each. This move CAN be stunned.

Boss 3: Cuchulain

The entire fight goes with a minimum of 1 stack of DoT on everyone. Eventually 4 towers will spawn. When they do, everyone gets 1 extra stack of DoT for each tower until they are destroyed. Healers take care here. Also, if the 4 towers are not killed fast enough they will explose and put and sperate heavy DoT on the entire raid. This will most likely end in a wipe if this happens. Towers are more a less a DPS check.

When he puts a sludge on the eveyrone must jump up onto one of the 4 pedestals to avoid it.

Next 4 Fubar slimes will spawn, Cuchulain will rotate while they are up and do a conal in 1 of 4 directions. If there is a Fubar slime in the conal AoE heal will eat it. Kill teh Fubar slimes and do not let him eat them. Tanks must keep them out of the conal. He will spawn 2 sets (8 Fubar), than he will cast Pestilence. Pretty heavy AoE Damage by itself but it gets stronger for any Fubars he eats during the add phase.

After this he will start adding Black Lung to his rotation. Each time he casts this it will add 1 stack of DoT permanently to the raid. This is basically a slow enrage.
    Basically kill him before the stacks become too much to handle.

Boss 4: Echidna

Pretty simpple boss no really heavy damage mostly tnak n' spank. Petrifaction can be avoided by just facing away when she casts it.

The only hitch to this fight is the adds. She will spawn 2 sets of adds. The tanks must separate the adds as far as possible, using waymarks in a triangle formation helps. If they are too close they get a damage buff.

The kill ORDER is more important than the SPEED.

First set order is:

Dexter > Sinister > Echidna

Second set order is:

Sinister > Dexter > Echidna

She does a room wide AoE after all 3 adds are killed and if they are killed in the wrong order that AoE will wipe the raid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was really disappointed with how easy Echidna was. It felt like Chuculain was a good deal harder and would have been a better final boss.

Still, it'll be fun for the first few weeks but I imagine, like WoD people are going to be banging their heads against boss walls sometimes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    I was really disappointed with how easy Echidna was. It felt like Chuculain was a good deal harder and would have been a better final boss.

Still, it'll be fun for the first few weeks but I imagine, like WoD people are going to be banging their heads against boss walls sometimes.
    Yeah, Echnidna will be on faceroll status before the weeks out lol. Cuchulain will most likely be the bottleneck boss for most groups with new people.

New Merits
    BG Level

Cuchulain when spawning adds also seemed to get stoneskin for magical and physical damage, we were able to break this stoneskin as well.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Davorin Cousseraux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Observed Irmisul/Sawtooth being vulnerable to melee damage full time, while magic damage and ranged damage immunties swapped.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show

This was pretty disappointing in terms of new mechanics and atmosphere.
    I have never experienced a new raid being quite this faceroll before. There are only a couple fights that have mechanics even close to something to worry about. I never really felt threatened even on my first time through. The trash had barely any HP (guess that's a good thing? it just felt pointless for it to be there at all) and I got a busywork feeling from the whole raid. I did appreciate many of the inventive mechanics in the previous CT chain (cerb stomach for instance) so the lack of such novel mechanics feels like a huge step backwards. I did like the circle with the morbol pops, that was somewhat interesting.

On the plus side, it's very nice that there are 2 drops per chest instead of one. Definitely a needed change for people who go through trying to get specific pieces. Ah well at least Void Ark isn't the bulk of the new content, and the next iterations of it have the potential to be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Davorin View Post
    Observed Irmisul/Sawtooth being vulnerable to melee damage full time, while magic damage and ranged damage immunties swapped.
    Pretty sure this is what I saw too but I didn't read the actual text on the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Yeah, Echnidna will be on faceroll status before the weeks out lol. Cuchulain will most likely be the bottleneck boss for most groups with new people.
    Definitely the most difficult of the bunch but there are only a couple more mechanics to learn than the other bosses.

Cetus will turn invulnerable and fly across the arena, dropping water bombs that do high-but-not-one-shot damage and knockback, with no visual telegraph. You just have to watch him and not be under him. The water bomb area seems pretty large.

Cuchulainn also will spawn several orange orbs around the arena, which must be exploded by players running through them. If the orange orbs are up when the Bile Below begins, they will explode and give everyone "Out of the Action" paralysis for a long time (20 seconds?).

Echidna's double orange box AOE does lethal damage if you're petrified, I'm not sure how much it does if you aren't petrified.

What happens if you don't kill the final boss pieces in order? We were killing Echidna first because my alliance had not-awful DPS, I didn't notice anything bad happen?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Was Cetus the first boss? That mechanic comes with a divebomb marker, just have the marked player move to the edge of the arena while everyone moves out of their way, there's no need to watch for the actual boss.

As for Echidna, I haven't noticed any actual need to kill the adds in any order.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by sundriedrainbow View Post
    Echidna's double orange box AOE does lethal damage if you're petrified, I'm not sure how much it does if you aren't petrified.
    I've actually never seen anyone get hit with the wide double bars yet, so I can't comment on that. I've only been through the fight twice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sundriedrainbow View Post
    What happens if you don't kill the final boss pieces in order? We were killing Echidna first because my alliance had not-awful DPS, I didn't notice anything bad happen?
    Everytime we supposedly "killed them out of order" the AoE right after would do like 30k damage and wipe the raid. And as soon as we defaulted to killing them in the order the person specified it only did enough to take people down to like 1/2 HP. Unless there is something else I'm missing. I assumed they knew what they were talking about. Whenever we killed Echidna first we always wiped as soon as the adds were dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Davorin View Post
    I might be mixing them off a bit, I was on SCH for the fight, not NIN.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Mini Echidna is stunnable/pacifiable... so camp her Petrification (room wide gaze) because people will get hit by it and cause a wipe (she wipes the party if she's not killed in the alotted time). Not sure if pacify would work against it though (is it a spell?).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Echidna note that I don't see mentioned:

Some of the time when she goes untargettable, someone in the alliance will be picked for some decently-large circle indicator that follows them around. You're supposed to share this damage amongst the alliance so everyone should gather on it in the center. I was picked the first time I ever saw it. Ran it to the edge and took 27,000 damage (I think that was even after sharing it with one other person). After the initial wipe, we shared it and it was easily-manageable damage.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Did a run last night. Only wiped once because one of our tanks d/c'd during Echidna. Mechanics are so faceroll I still don't even know what most of them are. Got myself some fending boots and won't be doing it again until next week, because why would I?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Did a run last night. Only wiped once because one of our tanks d/c'd during Echidna. Mechanics are so faceroll I still don't even know what most of them are. Got myself some fending boots and won't be doing it again until next week, because why would I?
    I haven't done it yet but wouldn't the weekly only unlock after you have done it once? And tbh the weekly is the only reason to do it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

there's no weekly quest, you get a token in the first run of the week

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I haven't done it yet but wouldn't the weekly only unlock after you have done it once? And tbh the weekly is the only reason to do it
    Hey, that i200 hybrid gear is an armory saver for alt jobs...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    there's no weekly quest, you get a token in the first run of the week
    Is the token an inventory item? I don't recall this, but I might've just missed it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is the token an inventory item? I don't recall this, but I might've just missed it.
    Yeah, it just drops in your inventory when you beat Echidna. It's called a Mhachi Farthing.

Yes, it's just a generic bag item, Mhachi Farthing.

(beated)

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Yeah, and the fending boots I mentioned were drops, so I've already locked out. Void Ark now offers me nothing for the rest of the week.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Everytime we supposedly "killed them out of order" the AoE right after would do like 30k damage and wipe the raid. And as soon as we defaulted to killing them in the order the person specified it only did enough to take people down to like 1/2 HP. Unless there is something else I'm missing. I assumed they knew what they were talking about. Whenever we killed Echidna first we always wiped as soon as the adds were dead.
    Seconding that you can definitely kill Echidna first. Maybe the snakes have to die in a particular order, but even that seems like bullshit; there's nothing at all that would indicate a specific order. My guess is that either the time between the first and last death amplifies damage or total kill speed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast