BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I spent 150 Pellucid stones on the melee path to see a single augment over 30 Acc or Attack for Herculean pants. It was two smaller augments summed together. Did I just have bad luck?
    nope. that's how often i see a 30+.

let's not discuss the likelihood of seeing 30+ paired with a relevant stat... lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    nope. that's how often i see a 30+.

let's not discuss the likelihood of seeing 30+ paired with a relevant stat... lol
    not to mention a relevant secondary stat like mb dmg etc....

Campaign
    BG Level

Random is random and I despise all forms of randomness. This might not be as "good" as the Alluvion system, but it seems better to me than the old Skirmish one?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Random is random and I despise all forms of randomness. This might not be as "good" as the Alluvion system, but it seems better to me than the old Skirmish one?
    i agree with this on the basis that i would rather have 1[any stat] 1[any atk/acc] 1[4-5 utility] than 1[15 stat/atk/acc/utility] 1[pdt] 1[mdt]. (b^_^)

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    not to mention a relevant secondary stat like mb dmg etc....
    srsly, how annoying is macc/matk20+ mb5+ ........ stat mnd10+... lol

i've seen that approximately 100 times now.

yes!............. awwwww ( -_-)

Edrakali

Can get WSD+5 on Herculean.

These are some of the better augments I have seen in 5000+ stones. I have noticed that all the stones can go to the caps. Each one is just more likely to hit the caps on certain ones. I've seen 31-39 acc/atk and macc/matk with ferns and taupe. I've seen +5wsd with white stones and taupe also. So they all cap equally for all augments.

Spoiler: show

not sure if this was said but can get Double attack +5 and STP +7 on Fern stones with Odyssean probably higher too

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    These are some of the better augments I have seen in 5000+ stones. I have noticed that all the stones can go to the caps. Each one is just more likely to hit the caps on certain ones. I've seen 31-39 acc/atk and macc/matk with ferns and taupe. I've seen +5wsd with white stones and taupe also. So they all cap equally for all augments.

Were the merlinic crackows with refresh done with dark matter or ordinary stones?

Both refresh feet were with dark matter.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've tried to make a set to replace Acro gear, with a focus on STP and accuracy to maintain a 4-hit build, here is what I currently have

The feet surprised me the most, with the STP going that high. I've since had a roll with STP+8, but the rest of the stats were junk.

I ditched my STP aug for Crit rate + on Valorous Greaves as I have a 4 hit set with Odyssean cuisses at STP +5.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am not exactly clear on how these augments work, are there augment slots per stone like with alluvian skirmish? dusk is one slot, snow is another ect... If so does that mean there is 4 slots with dark matter? How did we figure that out about dark matter anyways? someone trade on accident?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I am not exactly clear on how these augments work, are there augment slots per stone like with alluvian skirmish? dusk is one slot, snow is another ect... If so does that mean there is 4 slots with dark matter? How did we figure that out about dark matter anyways? someone trade on accident?
    dark matter is total random augments

the other stones are random too, but you get to pick how your augments are sided (as in you want mage, pet job, melee, tank augments etc) but those are random as well

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    More or less completely random. Ignoring dark matter, if you tried to aug Merlinic (mage and smn) gear, you can pick mage or pet stats. From there, you can choose which stone you do. That one stone will grant you a set of random augs. People arent too sure exactly how the stones differ (Fern, etc), but there are no aug slots like Skirmish gear. Pick a stone, pray, and then spam a million times more.

Just got Dex +2 Acc +9 Atk +11 Stp +8 Odyssean cuisses Fern stone

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ok. My question was not as much bout what augments you get but if you could basically have an augment set for each stone like A skirmish but i think Not Kuno answered that part. So sounds more like the augs of regular skirmish gear. Ugh i prefered A skirms system (but seemed confusing with the multiple augs I was reading about, how you would know what you were overwriting if it was the case.). Thanks guys!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

using fern stones i got blood pact dmg+10 on merlinic dastanas along with around 15 macc/mab for pet. for SMN thats a very good piece

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

39 dark matter in still no +song but this was interesting to see.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So, this is mostly the same as what has been laid out in the thread already, but just to formalize it:

There are five potential augment slots on these pieces by path (Melee, Magic, Ranged, I don't know anything about pets):
    1) {Accuracy, Accuracy/Attack, Attack}, {Magic Accuracy, Magic Accuracy/Attack Bonus, Magic Attack Bonus}, {Ranged Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy/Attack, Ranged Attack}, {I don't know anything about pets} :: Probably constant caps?
    2) Job trait / special boosts (other than MAB) :: caps and specific augments vary by set and path
    3) {STR, VIT, DEX, AGI}, {INT, MND, CHR}, {STR, VIT, DEX, AGI}, {I don't know anything about pets} :: Constant caps
    4) {Accuracy}, {Magic Accuracy}, {Ranged Accuracy}, {I don't know anything about pets} :: Capped to 10
    5) {Attack}, {Magic Attack Bonus}, {Ranged Attack}, {I don't know anything about pets} :: Capped to 10
    There is a chance that an augment from another path will be subbed instead of the one from the path you're interested in, but there's no chance that you will end up with two Slot 3 augments or two Slot 2 augments, for instance.

Slot Probability:
    Pellucid: Slot 1 is 100%, Slot 2/3 are about 50%, Slot 4/5 are about 20%
    Fern: Slot 2 is 100%, Slot 1/3 are about 50%, Slot 4/5 are about 20%
    Taupe: Slot 3 is 100%, Slot 1/2 are about 50%, Slot 4/5 are about 20%
    These numbers are mostly based on a series of 50 augments that I was just counting in my head and guessing for slot 4/5, so don't make too much of them.

Cap increases:
    Pellucid might increase the slot 1 cap by 5, but it is hard for me to tell using maxes because you only get really impressive numbers when you happen to roll high on both slot 2 and 4/5. It might even be that it just increases the Acc/Atk cap by 5.
    Leaf increases the cap on slot 2 by 1 in general but maybe not always. I've seen -4% Damage Taken using Taupe stones with the Herculean set, but I've not seen 5% DT in over 700 Fern stones. PDT/MDT/DT augments might be weird.
    Taupe increases the cap on slot 3 from 10 to 15.

Testimony:
    I've never gotten a piece that has two MAcc/Matk augments on it or two Acc/Atk augments. With the exception of DT augments, I've gotten +1 to all caps with Leaf stones. When using Pellucid stones, the cap of the first slot is 30 and you can get another 10 from the 4th and 5th slots. The rest of it is just shit that I noticed and think is probably true. Remember when you make your theories that 31 is the maximum possible value for a slot for all augments that I've seen, and personally I've only seen them up go up to 30.

Take-home:
    If you're not pursuing absolute perfection, use whichever stone increases the odds of getting your most important augment. If you are pursuing perfection and really need that 15 INT, 35 MAcc/Matk, 10 Occult Acumen unicorn hat, you'll have to use a Taupe stone. You're going to get 3 CHR with 5 M.Crit.damage a lot of times before you see it, though. Not even joking. It's astronomically more likely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast