Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So don't think I've seen a report over 10 but I just got magic burst dmg +11% on merl feet with fern.... sadly only 1 mab/macc for the others though. Same with magic crit and occult acumen. I'd imagine a lot of those special stats go to 11

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I actually think 12 is the "out there" numbere these stats can go to but super rare.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Occult Acumen, MB damage, MCrit damage all go to 11.

I've confirmed FC+7 on Merlinic with Fern stone on hands/feet. It's far rarer than any of the above 11s.

PDT/MDT/DT doesn't seem to be an even split on Merlinic like it is for Herculean, I think. With enough Fern stones to get 2 7% FCs the most I've seen is MDT-5%, PDT-3%, DT-2%. I have seen several of each of those, but nothing more.

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody tried some extensive augmentation on the Grioavolr?
    Haven't seen many Familiar path augments yet.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think the Fern version if 'breaking the cap' is only 1 point for any stat (11 vs 10 mbb, 7 vs 6 fc, 4 vs 3 ta, etc.)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If no one has seen 40 Acc/Atk without using Pellucid, my suspicion is that Pellucid is only +1 as well. I've definitely seen +37 without using Pellucid.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Most I've seen is magic burst damage +11 using fern stones, +13 using dark matter

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Has anybody seen Damage Taken -4% using a Fern stone? I've been wondering about this as it seems like a really good Hagondes +1 replacement if it's true (5 MDB and 55 more magic evasion than perfect Hagondes +1.) Also raises the idea of Mana Wall tanking being viable/potentially better for select fights as full Merlinic is 119 more magic evasion than full Souveran +1 and most fights don't (or shouldn't) last more than 10 minutes anyways. Hate retention is the biggest issue I see, dunno how well it would work in that regard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Have you ever seen DT-3% on Merlinic using any stone? I've seen DT-2% using non-Fern stones, but never -3%. I have seen MDT-5% using Pellucid for sure, but only PDT-3% and DT-2%. I'm probably approaching 5000 stones spent at this point on Merlinic gear.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I once got DT-4 using Fern but atm using PDT-5 for my body. It's super rare and I wonder if it's "freakroll" territory. What holds me back from replacing the rest of my Hagondes +1 is the fact that Merlinic gives super low HP bonus. Like 9 on hands vs 30 of Hag.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't think that I have. A LS member said he saw it, but he may have actually saw PDT-4% and just got confused. I asked him to screenshot it but he said he already wiped it trying for something else. Even at 3% it might be worth having anyways as it adds BDT too (good for some situations) and 55/118 magic evasion is no joke. I guess you could also Vocane for capped PDT -49%, MDT -50%, and -37% (or perhaps more) BDT while using Wicce Sabbots +1 (DT -85% Mana Wall.)

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I once got DT-4 using Fern but atm using PDT-5 for my body. It's super rare and I wonder if it's "freakroll" territory. What holds me back from replacing the rest of my Hagondes +1 is the fact that Merlinic gives super low HP bonus. Like 9 on hands vs 30 of Hag.
    Ah, so it can definitely replace Hagondes +1 then. The HP is a bit lower, maybe 100 or so for the entire set, although with Mana Wall this doesn't even matter. If you're really that concerned you couldn't you use some kind of HP/MP earring given that it would free up an ear slot?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hnnnggg I got two FC+7% pieces with Fern Stones and have still seen 2% DT as a max. I fear how many stones it would take to build a good Merlinic DT set.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My merlinic gear pretty much sucks still, so I might try going that route and maybe get some decent nuking augments along the way. Are there easily soloable NMs that drop fern stones? Getting them might be difficult for me, not sure though. Etoilation Earring would probably be good to throw in the other ear slot (replace 2% PDT earring quested from Abyssea.) I also just really like the idea of Mana Wall tanking for some reason. 118 magic evasion is a lot!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

All the Ascended mobs drop Fern stones, which is where I've gotten my hoards from. There doesn't seem to be a particular Ascended mob that drops Fern more than the rest.

I hope Mana Wall tanking becomes a thing. It has looked fun for so long now. Has anyone tested whether Manafont + Mana Wall makes you fully invincible now? Someone originally reported it halves the MP cost of damage during Mana Wall (effectively another 50% DT) which could have been implemented as 50% DT from gear, +25% reduction, or as a unique step.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I dunno. I'm much less concerned with MP taken as Death bursting seems to be the new meta and you can burst Aspir and get all your mana back. You've also got Myrkr which is cool cause it removes status debuffs too. The enmity retention is a big deal though. 180 static CE loss per strike might prove to be too hard to deal with. RDM replaced WHM in our tank set up (Frazzle III is nice), so Phalanx II can replace BLM Phalanx and also unlocks subjob for enmity gaining purposes. Not sure what subjob is best for this, maybe PLD or BLU?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blu is probably the best in regards to subjob enmity except during quick bursts with sentinel up.

Given awhile back they made +enmity lower CE loss from dmg it's quite possibly it effects manawall loss as well. Not sure any testing on that has been done.

It's really a shame they never went up to 30 jps though. 95% dt from just manawall would be sick

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What BLU spells are useful for getting hate?

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    What BLU spells are useful for getting hate?
    jettatura, blank gaze

might be another, but i don't remember off-hand.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also all the blu sleeps are still 320/320 (like sheep song or soporific). Stinking Gas and Geist Wall are as well. So definitely enough to spam. And of course there is always stun and the aspirs themselves generate a bit

Also not sure if anyone has mentioned it but SE finally posted the transcripts of the freshly picked vid and it appears to go into the mechanics of how the augmenting system works. My googlefu is weak but it appears to more or less confirm what we already know and something about a campaign for the dark matter part of it