Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

I dunno, I find it much better than the original Skirmish one, so much better.
    Pros/Cons versus the Alluvion one.

Can't select augments with different stones/slots.
    But stones are incredibly cheap, even easier to farm and give you a very small degree of control, plus the max caps on augments are tipically very high, which means getting a decent augment is usually not too bad.

It's not perfect, it's not what I'd want, but at the same time it doesn't seem so bad.
    The fact it holds stones for you and you can just select another augment without having to re-trade again too is a nice QoL change compared to past augmenting systems.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I dunno, I find it much better than the original Skirmish one, so much better.
    Pros/Cons versus the Alluvion one.

Can't select augments with different stones/slots.
    But stones are incredibly cheap, even easier to farm and give you a very small degree of control, plus the max caps on augments are tipically very high, which means getting a decent augment is usually not too bad.

It's not perfect, it's not what I'd want, but at the same time it doesn't seem so bad..
    The fact it holds stones for you and you can just select another augment without having to re-trade again too is a nice QoL change compared to past augmenting systems.
    But this thread is about reisejima augments not alluvion skirmish, and the reisenjima augments seem to be the exact opposite of everything you just said. I've wasted multiple stacks of all three types of stones trying tot get either a decent augment that has acc and stp or acc and da and its just not happening.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Multiple stacks of a reisenjima stone is still much cheaper than a single +2 stone in alluvion skirmish days, and have a higher chance of getting you something good, too.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    But this thread is about reisejima augments not alluvion skirmish
    I was talking about Reisenjima augment?
    You complained about it saying it's the worst blahblah.
    And I said that in my opinion it's much better than original Skirmish system, and not that much worse than the Alluvion Skirmish either. (well it is to be fair, but it's certainly not the "dumbest system ever" like you defined it)
    Like I said, there are different pros and cons.

Basically the only two things that the Alluvion System offers that the Reisenjima doesn't (and they're two pretty big things) are:
    1) There are three, separate, independent augment slots (huge difference)
    2) There are different quality stones.

In the other points they're pretty similar, and the Reisenjima system has some unique pros and some QoL stuff that's nice to have.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, really.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

would you go into a computer store and buy a random upgrade for your computer? Or buy any kind of random upgrade for anything you own? Probably not, especially with no guarantee you're going to get something you like. Comparing one flawed system with another and saying one is better than the other makes no sense to me, get rid of them both, let us pick our augments. This isn't rocket science.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

but then there would be no longevity to the game
    people would just farm their specific sets and never bother with reisenjima again
    why do that when you can keep them playing a lottery eternally

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    but then there would be no longevity to the game
    people would just farm their specific sets and never bother with reisenjima again
    why do that when you can keep them playing a lottery eternally
    Because eventually people are going to throw up their hands and say fuck it I dont want to do this anymore, and walk away disgusted with the game?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Because eventually people are going to throw up their hands and say fuck it I dont want to do this anymore, and walk away disgusted with the game?
    well sure but the game is 14 years old
    we've suffered thru enough shit as is lol

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Opinions opinions.... I know several people who has nothing better to do in this game with rema and multiple hq abj gears on their fav job, all they do is buying stones and dark matter for a chance to get better aug.

This is MMO, not computer store, the point of MMO is not to give stuff players want so people keep paying and playing.

i dunno, if a computer store had a deal where you could pay 5$ a pop for a random computer upgrade, that could be anything from a lolsinglecore crappy gpu to a cheap keyboard to an oculus rift to the newest gpu.... hell yea id do that. <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    i dunno, if a computer store had a deal where you could pay 5$ a pop for a random computer upgrade, that could be anything from a lolsinglecore crappy gpu to a cheap keyboard to an oculus rift to the newest gpu.... hell yea id do that. <_<
    The real question is though can it be a boat?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu0Bm_HfX-s

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Forgot to add a note when I uploaded this. I obtained this augment with a fern stone, which seemingly has a cap of 7 Store TP on herculean gear. I did not see any store TP 8 augments in around 600~ fern stones on herculean helm. I'm wondering if it's just ultra rare or perhaps trousers are different.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Something is weird about STP on the Herculean set. I've spent an ungodly amount of Fern stones on that set and afaik only seen even 7 STP once. Also, it was on the magic path. Was yours on the magic path?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yes, and I also saw another 7 roll right after.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It could be that the magic path has a Fern STP cap of 8, then, while the melee path caps at 6.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll chime in and say herc and it's pathing is all fucked up. Like ranged path doesn't even stp <.<. Ya know the path that would want it the most. And if the table on bg wiki is to be believed DA is magic path only <.<

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah trying to get a decent nuking herc helm is awful, because the table is full of melee shit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes Magic is 8 and Melee is 6, DA augment on Magic Path and no STP on Ranged. I really think it's a bug.