Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Interesting fact:

Tried to add 2 different Merlinic Hoods to my Gearswap. Exported the items and it seems that indeed the "big numbers" on the augments are a double roll internally. This is what gearswap spat out for my +8INT +34MACC +35MAC Hood:

"Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+24 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','INT+8','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+11'

This was a Pellucid piece. The only 30+ MAB roll I had with a Fern looks like this:

"Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Magic burst mdg.+10%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14'

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hrm, interesting. So it seems that it rolls the three individual augments first, and then rolls extra augments? I wonder if there's a cap on them and if so, how many? I'll have to play around with my own exports to see how it looks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So far it seems that the total is still the same regardless of how many times you roll the same augment. It's quite possible that the higher single ones are double/triple and it's just some weird thing that sometimes adds them sometimes doesn't

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've probably used close to 2000 stones and I think the 30+ MAB/Macc augments are just exceedingly rare(1/100+ would be fair). Then compound that with how rare it is the get the special augment you want on top of that 1/100 MAB/Macc rolls... yeah, I miss the alluvion augment system. Though, in terms of longevity, they hit the nail on the head with this one, since it's going to take thousands of stones per piece for perfectionist to get what they want while the casual crowd can mostly replace old gear with average augments.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Tossing some stones on a Herculean Helm right now. I'll post some results here shortly

Fern Stone: Magic Path

INT +8, Mag. Accuracy +5, Crit Hit Rate +2%
    STR +10, Mag. Accuracy +15, MAB +29, Dbl. Atk +4 (I'm keeping this one. BiS Lunge piece for RUN now)

POIDH!

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...psrxlsx4gj.jpg

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Something I noticed is that, on the pet side of things for Merlinic, snow favors accuracy showing up, leaf favors pet related buffs like BP Damage and Blood Boon, and dusk favors pet stats.

I'm also not sure that any of these pieces can beat Skirmish/Apogee outside of the hands for SMN. It just doesn't seem likely to hit anything on any other slot that will be worth a damn.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How do double augments work?

I'm not sure I understand really, this system is just a single stone gives all the augments, correct? Can some pieces of gear take more than one stone?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The double roll is just internally. Basically if you take ONE Pellucid the system will guarentee you one roll of MACC and MAB 1-20.

Then it's up to luck if anything rolls in Stats slot
    Then it's up to luck if you roll anything in the Utility slot like MB, Fastcast etc
    Then it's also up to your luck if a secondary roll happens of the macc/acc slot. Again from 1-20.

The last roll is added to the first one and in game you would never know what is going on. However the double roll is stored in the items data which gearswap can export.

What this teaches us is how internally the stats are rolled and tells us that for getting perfect MACC and MAB of 40 we'd have to luck out on TWO seperate rolls from 1 to 20 and gives us an idea of the seeding and rarity of stats.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Mamushito +1s are back !

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up38505.png

ADD: Stun +5 on Katana

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For the Chironic set (Specifically on the pants) The additional effects i have seen range from:

Resist silence. (Highest being 8)
    Haste (Highest i've seen being 2%)
    Cure potency (Highest i've seen being 8%)
    Fast cast (Seen go to 5%)
    Cure casting time (6)
    Emmity - (5)
    INT(+15)
    MND(+11) --- Im assuming these stats cap at +15 respectively^
    AGI(+3)
    CHR(+11)
    Drain and Aspir Potency (+10)
    Conserve MP (+2)
    Spell Interruption rate down (7%)
    Attack (+8) <- This one i found odd.

This set also when doing healing glyphs gets MACC and MATK so. go go WHM banish...?

For Melee i have seen:
    Accuracy and ofc Attack respectively.

Duel wield +1
    INT
    CHR
    STR
    DEX (+15)
    VIT
    Physical damage taken - (1)%
    Spell interruption rate down (2%)
    Double Attack (1%)
    Conserve MP +3
    Subtle blow (+3)
    Chance of successful block (+3)
    Magic atack bonus (Look at the image.)

Hope this helps!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can I get a list of paths from people, btw? I only know Valorous as that's the only piece I've gotten (QQ at <300 lots) which is Melee and Familiar Path. I'm working on updating the OP to be a bit more up to date with our current findings, since augment types should be the same among all pieces of the same set, so I need to get the various paths recorded in order to accurately list max augments per path.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    The double roll is just internally. Basically if you take ONE Pellucid the system will guarentee you one roll of MACC and MAB 1-20.

Then it's up to luck if anything rolls in Stats slot
    Then it's up to luck if you roll anything in the Utility slot like MB, Fastcast etc
    Then it's also up to your luck if a secondary roll happens of the macc/acc slot. Again from 1-20.

The last roll is added to the first one and in game you would never know what is going on. However the double roll is stored in the items data which gearswap can export.

What this teaches us is how internally the stats are rolled and tells us that for getting perfect MACC and MAB of 40 we'd have to luck out on TWO seperate rolls from 1 to 20 and gives us an idea of the seeding and rarity of stats.
    Actually to add to this, the Pellucid doesn't force one Macc and one MAB; it forces two rolls in that category. I've gotten a single-stat augment before, which was just two augments of the same time (like two acc rolls). Ofc it could be that we -can- only roll a single roll and I got a bonus one with that... who knows. x.x; Need to do some more testing and exporting.

Edit 1.5: Just rolled an Acc+13 augment (Gave up the one listed in Edit 2 for the sake of science. QQ) and it came back in export as a single accuracy augment. So it seems that there are single augments and then possibly dual atk/acc or macc/mab augments... joy.

Edit 1.75: Yup, rerolled again, got an Acc+23/Atk+13/Enmity+1 augment that came back Acc/Atk+13, Enmity+1, Acc+10. Yay more augment pool. ~_~

Edit 2:
    Just checked my current Valorous Mask via export (Currently listed as AGI+7, Acc+22, Atk+35, WSD+4%). It's coming back as ['Accuracy+22 Attack+22','Weapon skill damage +4%','AGI+7','Accuracy+1','Attack+13',]. Definitely doubled rolls for anything >25, likely.

Actually that's interesting because both of our exported ones with extra rolls are showing similar acc/atk or macc/mab values... maybe there's an acc/atk roll or an macc/mab roll in there? Would explain why some spike while others don't (roll only a single macc extra with an macc/mab combo).

Edit 2.5: So many edits!
    So I just got an Acc+26/SC DMG+5%. That acc came back as Acc+26... so that throws out my theory of single augs capping at +25. It may be that dual augs (something like Acc/Atk) cap at 25, but that's all I've got. x.x;

Edit 3: uggggggh
    Gonna have to re-quantify all of the parameter rolls...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay because I'm tired of stacking edits:

OP updated partially. Parameter values wiped because it's impossible to tell what was with or without bonus rolls, and I'm starting to quantify bonus rolls. Current theory is that a "single" aug (Attack or Accuracy, but not Attack/Accuracy) can cap at 30 (I had one Atk+30 as you can see), while dual-augs (Attack/Accuracy) can cap at 25. I've only seen up to 22 but SE likes things divisible by five. Bonus Rolls can only go up to +15 (again, theory), meaning that if all of this hypothetical is true, then we can hit up to a maximum of +40 in 2 stats or +45 in one. Kind of scary.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Just checked my current Valorous Mask via export (Currently listed as AGI+7, Acc+22, Atk+35, WSD+4%). It's coming back as ['Accuracy+22 Attack+22','Weapon skill damage +4%','AGI+7','Accuracy+1','Attack+13',]. Definitely doubled rolls for anything >25, likely.
    Prolly just mixed up in all of the edits, but does that piece have an additional +1 accuracy that's not listed on the in-game augment? In-game has 22, the export is showing 23.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I meant 23, was my bad. Typos ftw.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'll get my friend with 40 MAB head to export later and see whats in it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll get my friend with 40 MAB head to export later and see whats in it.
    my head had this as export: name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+24 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','Mag. crit. hit dmg. +1%','CHR+4','Mag. Acc.+5','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}}

pellucid stone no less. my guess is that 1. augment can cap at 25 and the 2. at 15.

on other stones havent seen much exeed 25 and if it did exeed 25 there was either m.acc or mab missing. so for example you could get 29 MAB but then you had no m.acc augment at all on the piece and vice versa. i had once 31 mac on a fern stone but no mab. so i guess those stones dont give 4 slots on m.acc/mab but 2 slots which can be taken up both by mab only or m.acc only

Relic Horn
    BG Level

k then seems like 25+15 instead of my asumed 20 and 20 !

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Grioavolr (Familliar path)
    DMG 1~25
    BP DMG 1~10
    Blood Boon 1~10
    Pet Stat 1~15
    Pet MACC 1~30
    Pet MAB 1~30
    And some other stats like PDT, BP delay, Spell interruption, Pet Store TP, Pet Subtle Blow, Pet DT, Pet DA.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...psrhggfhox.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...pswa34touz.jpg
    This one doesn't beat Espiritus for pure dmg but is very close.

Then, after a ton of trades...
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...psjordvcdr.jpg
    RIP Espiritus.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

k then seems like 25+15 instead of my asumed 20 and 20 !
    yeah just to further show this is what i got now later:
    name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','"Drain" and "Aspir" potency +6','Mag. Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
    which seems to support the: 1. roll 25 2. roll 15 augments on pellucide stones.

in other words pellucid stones do:
    base stat augments (STR MND etc): 1-0 random augments 1-10 (never seen go above 10)
    secondary stats (mab m.acc): 1-4 random augments of m.acc and mab with 1. + 2. augment being +25 max and 3. 4. augment being +15 for a total of 40
    special stat augment: 1-0 random agument, with a rare chance of going high, alluvion skirmish caps here

all those can check for 6 augment slots

fern stones seem to be:
    base stats: 0-1 augment (1-10)
    seoncoary stats: 1-2 augments with 25 being max, both slots can be occupied by mab or macc to break teh 25 cap but then you are left with either no mab or m.acc
    special stat augment: 1 augment very likely to be high and can exeed alluvion skirmish caps

so 4 augment slots in total, maybe its 5 augment slots with the special stat augment slot following the rules like on the pellucide stone allowing for double augments there thus exeeding the alluvion skirmish augment cap

in other words use pellucid stones or fuck off, unless you are looking for very high special stat or base stat augments and dont care for secondary stats (very unlikely for mages but this could be used for WS sets on melees).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well at least we've got this down to a pretty simple algorithm now. Glad to know I should just stockpile Pellucid stones now.