Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Some Chironic Hands observations

magic path
    *int9 macc25 mattk37 (maybe fc1 gotta check) (p stone)
    mnd10 macc31 mattk33 conserve mp1 (p stone)

-melee acc still pops up sometimes (seen +15)
    -mnd much more common than int
    -special mods seen conserve mp 1-5, fastest 1-5, spellint10%

melee path
    -mnd or str +1-10, mnd 90% of time.
    -only w/ t-stones did i see other stats up to +15
    -acc/attack usually goes up to +20ish but i saw a few were 1 went past up to 27
    -da+2% (didnt see that often using p.stones, the dw2 aug far more common)
    -shield mast +2 <- very common
    -dw+1-5 seen with fern
    -dw2 extremely common (exactly 2) with other stones
    -pdt 1~2
    -mdt 1~3

mnd10 att20 acc20 dw2
    mnd10 acc20 att17 mdt-3%

~~~~~~
    nuking-wise hands seem to be great for rdm & sch. Real issue is int instead of mnd kinda rare. (and no great special stat like merlinic set)
    for comparison:
    almaricDnq int34 mattck35 macc15 ele13 burst+5 spellint-10%
    almaricDhq int36 mattk41 macc20 ele14 burst+6 spellint-11%
    almaricDhq setbonus:int36 mattk51 macc20 ele14 burst+6 spellint-11%
    chironic I made: int34 mattk52 macc40 spellint-20% enmity-4

melee-wise set looks great, except for rdm where it lacks compared to taeon due to the base dex. Can be a great request piece, especially legs. I can see legs being a good cdc option with t-stone and dex15. Can still be a major acc increase for some ptd sets for rdm. A Dw2 piece could be nice in pairing with taeon feet, but I'm currently working on finishing carmine+1 legs/feet combo which would make it pointless rdm-wise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tried some Odyssean hands magic path about 90 stones of each. Maxes were

Pellucid- base stat (only ones I saw were int, chr, agi) +10, macc/mab+34, acc/att +27, enmity +5, wsd +3%, DT -3%, pdt -2%, cure pot received +6%, mdt -1%, fast cast 4, cure potency +2%, wsacc+15, store tp +2, DA+2,

Fern- base stat +10 (saw all stats but chr int mnd and agi by far most common), acc/att + 18, macc/mab +25, pdt -5%, cure potency 1%, wsd +1%, store tp +7, enmity +6, cure pot received +6%, wsacc +11, DA+3, fast cast+4, cure pot 4%, dt -2%, mdt -5%,

taupe- base stat +15(chr, agi, str, mnd, int , vit str being most common), macc/mab +25, pdt -1%, cure pot received 5%, wsd 1%, cure pot 2%, DA +3, acc/att +29, fast cast+4, enmity +5, wsacc+8 , store tp +7, dt-1%

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just got MACC +39 MAB +38 INT+8 and Con serve MP +4 on Chironic hose.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

(never doing melee path)

chironic set, healing path

healing path utility augs so far:

resist silence+9
    cure potency+11
    fast cast+6
    enmity-8
    conserve mp+4
    drain/aspir potency+10
    spell int-10%
    cure cast-10%
    haste+3%

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

herculean gloves, ranged path, fern stone augs:

utility slot:
    rapid shot+7
    snapshot+3
    sc dmg+4%
    enm-3
    ws dmg+4%
    crit hit dmg+5%
    sb+6
    crit hit rate+4%
    mdt-1%
    pdt-2%

or maybe the game detects the quandary you're in, and gives you this:

---------------

enmity7 on valorous hose

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody tried augmenting Skinflayer, Gada, Grioavolr and Exemplar?
    Actually I think Exemplar might not be augmentable given how it's R/E unlike the other weapons who are just E.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've got a slightly more refined version Merlinic gear augments

0-1 Attribute Slot (1~10 of a single attribute)
    0-1 Primary Stat Slot (1~25 of either magic attack and magic accuracy, magic attack, or magic accuracy)
    0-1 Magic Accuracy Slot (1~10 magic accuracy)
    0-1 Magic Attack Bonus Slot (1~10 magic attack bonus)
    0-1 Utility Slot (Various things with misc caps)

A taupe stone increases the attribute slot cap to 15 and guarantees a roll.
    A pellucid stone increases the magic accuracy and magic attack stat slot caps to 15 and guarantees a primary stat roll (I think, not 100% sure, need more data. Could be one of the macc/mab slots)
    A fern stone may increase the secondary stat slot (depending on the stat) and and guarantees a roll.

I haven't verified this completely but I think that might be how it works. I say may on fern stone because I got a fast cast +6% augment on Merlinic Hood using a Taupe Stone. So unless someone sees a 7%, not all caps are increased by fern. Also, one of the stat/magic accuracy/magic attack bonus slots can roll as attack/accuracy instead. It's rare and I'm not sure what slot, but that's how you end up with those weird rolls. I also think if you get a single primary stat that the game may combine it with the corresponding macc/mab slots.

Also, after pondering this system for a while, I think the best approach to this if you are aiming to have many versions of the same item, i.e. a fast cast head/free nuke head/mb head) is to obtain exactly 1 more copy of the final number of pieces you want. The extra piece is the one you augment. If you get a roll on it that is better than any one of your keeper pieces, switch them. You will never end up overwriting good augments this way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

obtain exactly 1 more copy of the final number of pieces you want. The extra piece is the one you augment. If you get a roll on it that is better than any one of your keeper pieces, switch them. You will never end up overwriting good augments this way.
    I have done this and it really is the greatest advice to give for augmenting here.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I've got a slightly more refined version Merlinic gear augments

0-1 Attribute Slot (1~10 of a single attribute)
    0-1 Primary Stat Slot (1~25 of either magic attack and magic accuracy, magic attack, or magic accuracy)
    0-1 Magic Accuracy Slot (1~10 magic accuracy)
    0-1 Magic Attack Bonus Slot (1~10 magic attack bonus)
    0-1 Utility Slot (Various things with misc caps)

A taupe stone increases the attribute slot cap to 15 and guarantees a roll.
    A pellucid stone increases the magic accuracy and magic attack stat slot caps to 15 and guarantees a primary stat roll (I think, not 100% sure, need more data. Could be one of the macc/mab slots)
    A fern stone may increase the secondary stat slot (depending on the stat) and and guarantees a roll.

I haven't verified this completely but I think that might be how it works. I say may on fern stone because I got a fast cast +6% augment on Merlinic Hood using a Taupe Stone. So unless someone sees a 7%, not all caps are increased by fern. Also, one of the stat/magic accuracy/magic attack bonus slots can roll as attack/accuracy instead. It's rare and I'm not sure what slot, but that's how you end up with those weird rolls. I also think if you get a single primary stat that the game may combine it with the corresponding macc/mab slots.

Also, after pondering this system for a while, I think the best approach to this if you are aiming to have many versions of the same item, i.e. a fast cast head/free nuke head/mb head) is to obtain exactly 1 more copy of the final number of pieces you want. The extra piece is the one you augment. If you get a roll on it that is better than any one of your keeper pieces, switch them. You will never end up overwriting good augments this way.
    that above is incorrect for pellucid stones:

Pellucid stones:
    0-1 Attribute slot (cap 10)
    2 guaranteed Primary stat slot (25 cap)
    0-1 Utility slot
    0-2 primary stat slot (15 cap)
    maximum augmentable slots: 6

Notes: -

Fern Stones:
    0-1 Attribut slot (cap 10)
    0-2 primary stat slot (25 cap)
    1 guaranteed utility slot (can exeed alluvion skirmish cap)
    maximum augmentable slots: 4

Notes: primary stats slot can roll as double acc or double mab. if you get a high mab number over 30+ you wont have any m.acc on that piece vise versa.
    you cant exeed over 35 mab or m.acc

Taupe Stone:
    1 guaranteed attribut slot (cap 15)
    0-2 primar stat slot (25 cap)
    0-1 utility slot
    maximum augmentable slots: 4

Notes: see above for fern stones

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll ask my LS member later about his augments although I believe he has some that would invalidate your model and I have yet to find any that invalidate my model. I'm pretty sure his augments (going from memory) were 15 INT 35 MAB 20 something MACC and 10 MBB (rolled with a Taupe stone.)

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got this just now using a taupe stone.

hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','Magic Damage +11','CHR+4','Mag. Acc.+9',}},

Impossible under the system you've proposed, although I didn't see any magic accuracy/magic attack bonus combo status in the 20 or so taupe stones I did. I'm not entirely convinced the system I proposed is correct either.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't know if any of you are ascribing meaning to the order that GearSwap prints out augments in, but it should be unreliable between pieces.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fern Stone

hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','Magic Damage +10','STR+9','Mag. Acc.+4',}},

So yeah, that system definitely does not work (still no macc/mab.) I'm wondering if it's actually something like

I think the best thing we can do now is get an addon working that logs augments automatically while trading stones. For anybody who cares, the augment seems to be stored in a 0x5c packet somehow (that's about as far as I've gotten.)

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I don't know if any of you are ascribing meaning to the order that GearSwap prints out augments in, but it should be unreliable between pieces.
    Nah, I meant that under the system he proposed, you should be unable to obtain 26+ mab and then have any amount of macc using a fern or taupe stone.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh, I see what you mean now. I am assuming macc/macc combo roll can actually be a single roll (possibly only accessing using Pellucid stone), but that may be wrong.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No, that's right. I just mean that "MAcc+9" being first versus fourth doesn't mean anything. The augment order shouldn't be accurately represented in gearswap's export function.
    Code:
    legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','"Occult Acumen"+8','INT+9','Mag. Acc.+4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alrighty. Yeah I'm not placing any focus on order, rather their grouping. Also, looking at some of my LS member's gear. He has merlinic shalwar that has 15 INT 23 macc 31 mab and 10 magic damage, legs with 12 INT 28 macc 33 mab 2% fc, head with 11 int 25 macc 35 mab. I'll ask him to export it later, I'm guessing they are all single augments though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The maximum value of a single augment from this system is probably 31.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Possibly. Also, there weren't any bytes that cleanly converted to a 4 when a piece of gear I was looking at had a four on it. They may be doing some bit packing or using bit fields altogether.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pieces can have up to 5 augments with the system they use for this, iirc. (I don't know if they do, that's just the limitation)

So you could have:
    Macc/MAB+30, MAcc+10, MAB+10, Occult Acumen+10, INT+10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast