1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 4 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased isolationism     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's sad but true. For example, SE has been cashing in on FF nostalgia for a loooong time now. There is a very good reason most of what they produce are remakes, rehashes and games such as Record Keeper and Theatrhythm that let you "re-live" the games in new ways. There are tons of people, proven, who will buy anything with the FF name tacked onto it and who will waste tons of money on frivolous shit related to FF.
    Where I start to fail to understand the XIV model is this: I am one of the people they target with the nostalgia products, but I absolutely can't reconcile buying shit from a cash shop when I'm paying a monthly sub fee, ESPECIALLY shit that's already in the game/just a reskin and takes 0 effort on the dev's part to make. I can't accept that there's "no way" to give players more inventory space (because SE's too busy cashing in on the extra retainer fees). I do not understand how ANYONE, even the most die-hard FF nostalgia consumers, could be okay with this and take it for granted, particularly when the game is struggling to deliver actual content even despite all the cash they're making from the shop on top of the sub fees.

I would love to get into the heads of the people who are okay with the cash shop and find out what killed the hamsters that run their brain-wheels. It makes absolutely zero sense to me that someone could go through the steps of deciding they want Minfilia's outfit, see that it is one-piece non-dyebale, and also by the way fifteen bucks, and just go "yea why not, I didn't need that money anyway".

The fuck.
    Hey there! My name is Capcom, I sold lots and lots of DLC back in the Resident Evil Revelation time, one of them being a pantless character with no weapon choice for the modest price of 6£! Here, meet my friend Square Enix who sell Serah Farrons bikini's for 3 quid each! Cmon my friend, its a bargain you will not find these anywhere else, nor regret!

/sarcasm off

Don't think I try to justify whats happening because I find it as disgusting as you do, I remember upsetting alot of people in one of my LS a long time ago. That day I had just discovered the price of the Odin's mount, and I asked them "Who the hell would be stupid enough to buy it for such an outrageous price? Well I did not expect 9 of them to start talking back to me in a hurted way, the thing is I have never seen them use it.

One of them even said "I felt like rewarding myself, its money well spent and not your buisness" she was right when she said it wasn't my buisness, but holy shit, the "rewarding myself/money well spent" argument was incredible, especialy since she has not logged on in 4 months. I'd have kept these 15 quids on the side for something nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I would love to get into the heads of the people who are okay with the cash shop and find out what killed the hamsters that run their brain-wheels.
    Trust me, you don't. They are the same kind of people who can flush money down the toilets to be server #1 on League of Angels, to finaly rinse & repeat because everyone deserted their server due to the e-peen war between 5-6 loosers.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

dang those loosers always loosening things- gonna get someone killed one of these days

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I dont think it's the games fault for the isolationist mentality. I believe its the community's fault. Party finder, while great... Is extremely toxic. No one sticks around to complete the task. It's usually one mistake then people leave. You need xxxxx experience or this learning party is not for you.

There's also a huge gap in player skill between good and average with average usually meaning bad. How many party finder groups are held back by one or two people? Too many. Then when you go to regroup, half the party leaves and gets replaced by less skilled people.

It happens far too often. Players were different back in the day. It's not the games fault. It's the people and players who play. Everything needs to be speed ran. Can't have any mistakes. If you mess up once, it's a kick. If you don't put up top 1% job damage, you're a scrub and get kicked. This games community sucks

This toxic party finder experience turns a lot of people to solo play. Makes a lot of people wait for duty finder unlocks before trying content

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I joined a Linkshell that I thought was a community. Ended up getting no help towards a Thordan clear. No assistance when they got together a LS-only farm. And then the cherry on top was when I did eventually get help from one person because the SCH in the group was better known or liked or some shit fuck if I care at this point. This shithead then decided to invite her static MT who hadn't seen past meteors into the clear party and then just fucking went ballistic and wiped the raid when the healer, once again received the help, and then proceeded to get into a bickering argument about DPS or someshit.

This game is fucking dead and I'm fucking sick of trying to bash my head against a boss fucking that i don't fucking die to anymore and I pull 1020 merged DPS before wiping at 15% in phase 9 because the fucking god damn WHM couldn't spam Medica or Cure 3 and lay down Asylum or some other bullshit.

I had more fun bashing my head against FCOB in 2.5 and the party finder was 5x more active than it was on this shit. And to think it used to be a pain in the ass to make a character on Sargantanas.

Fuck I'm pissed off.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    -snip-
    It's a bit of both - The game does force you solo for a lot of aspects which unless you were already used to solo based MMOs or never played em, you'll immediately think only "you" matter, which is why when said people hit end game, it's usually a cesspool. Players are a large part, but even yoshi said to think of people in duty finder for example as "NPCs", since community largely doesn't matter in this game.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I dont think it's the games fault for the isolationist mentality. I believe its the community's fault. Party finder, while great... Is extremely toxic. No one sticks around to complete the task. It's usually one mistake then people leave. You need xxxxx experience or this learning party is not for you.

There's also a huge gap in player skill between good and average with average usually meaning bad. How many party finder groups are held back by one or two people? Too many. Then when you go to regroup, half the party leaves and gets replaced by less skilled people.

It happens far too often. Players were different back in the day. It's not the games fault. It's the people and players who play. Everything needs to be speed ran. Can't have any mistakes. If you mess up once, it's a kick. If you don't put up top 1% job damage, you're a scrub and get kicked. This games community sucks

This toxic party finder experience turns a lot of people to solo play. Makes a lot of people wait for duty finder unlocks before trying content
    While I agree that the game's overall community is trash, you're either exaggerating... or you're a baddie. top 1% damage? lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It should read if you can't do your rotation correctly.

Since 99% of the community can't do their jobs rotation, let alone do it effectively.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    It should read if you can't do your rotation correctly.

Since 99% of the community can't do their jobs rotation, let alone do it effectively.
    This is basically what I meant. Wasn't talking about me personally, just what I've seen. I really don't understand how the majority in this game cant do comparable damage at comparable ilvls. Shit is beyond me. Rotations arent hard. Cooldown usage isnt hard. I get if you have to avoid mechanics you'll lose some dps, but there's no reason an i200+ drg with 200 weapon is being out damaged by me on drg with an i180 weapon and 2 pieces of 200 gear(everything else 190).

There's no reason for there to be so many shit players. When I say the community is garbage, I don't mean you guys. The majority unfortunately isn't people on this site. Where as in ffxi, it was

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really don't understand how the majority in this game cant do comparable damage at comparable ilvls. Shit is beyond me.
    You don't?

One sec..

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-DPS-%28ps4%29

I recommend pouring yourself a drink first.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The majority unfortunately isn't people on this site. Where as in ffxi, it was
    lol. BG was definitely a major hub of XI activity, but the majority of players had barely even heard of us.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this is all onlybecause of 2 reasons: Duty finder and non existing FC content. Remember in RL you have to socialize because you never know when you need help or shit happens. this was true for 11 too. if you didnt socialize and put in effort in your gear/playstyle people would just leave you behind. 14 has dutyfinder and no hard gates that force people to socialize. and if there was gateing it got nered (hi dragon bridge fight). there is no reason for peeps to put some efforz into playing

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I joined a Linkshell that I thought was a community. Ended up getting no help towards a Thordan clear. No assistance when they got together a LS-only farm. And then the cherry on top was when I did eventually get help from one person because the SCH in the group was better known or liked or some shit fuck if I care at this point. This shithead then decided to invite her static MT who hadn't seen past meteors into the clear party and then just fucking went ballistic and wiped the raid when the healer, once again received the help, and then proceeded to get into a bickering argument about DPS or someshit.

This game is fucking dead and I'm fucking sick of trying to bash my head against a boss fucking that i don't fucking die to anymore and I pull 1020 merged DPS before wiping at 15% in phase 9 because the fucking god damn WHM couldn't spam Medica or Cure 3 and lay down Asylum or some other bullshit.

I had more fun bashing my head against FCOB in 2.5 and the party finder was 5x more active than it was on this shit. And to think it used to be a pain in the ass to make a character on Sargantanas.

Fuck I'm pissed off.
    The maddest, damn.

Hey, I'm sure we've all been that salty. I once got so fed up of Ravana Farm parties I almost put up a PF to insult the whole server before planning to fuck off to another one, thankfully I came to my senses.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The salt is overflowing. People still joining the clear parties I'm in without experience to phase 7/8. They don't realize that they're just going to fucking die in a fire.

And then once one person dies its all fucking down hill. Fucking nubs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Move to a JP server, I hear they can hook you up in PF.

(note: don't actually do this)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So..I'm at the point now that FCs are useless and I don't want to be in them anymore. I feel x1000 more lonely in them than I do when I'm not in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    lol. BG was definitely a major hub of XI activity, but the majority of players had barely even heard of us.
    Didn't matter when the LS owned Bahamut. I don't mean that in a bad way, but you are screwed if you did/do fuck up in BG.

@Fiye: I had similar experience on Famfrit and raged sort of the same way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Things got a lot better in the last week. Joined a fantastic LS that helped me get AS1 and AS2 down. Then two days later joined a PFer that got me a Thordan Ex clear with 30 mins.

So far I've helped 3 people get their Thor Ex clears so /cheers. Now I can wait for my weapons to get invalidated in less than a week.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wow what linkshell in sargantas? Our server feels so dead.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I saw a guy advertising in PF having just server transferred onto Siren and looking for an active FC that raids and has "between 70 to 99 members".

I felt bad for him.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the ease of teleportation hurts this game, it's way too easy to get around. Remember running to the goblin camp after kazaam jungle trying to keep everyone alive. Hopefully your pty wouldn't disband before you hit 28 or you would be sitting in that little corridor with a green flag hoping someone takes pity on you while you see little lizards run past you. Remember that guy sitting next to you in the lizard jerkin, sephirothxxx or something? Yea fuck him. You have all +1 gear, there's no way this gimp will be invited over you. Don't you miss those days? I know I do.

This game doesn't suffer from isolationism, it suffers from collectivism. No one gets left behind. Here's your echo, welcome to the winners club friend. Can't beat savage, that's ok, take this airship tank with you and get some i210's, who cares about secondary stats, ilvl is all that matters

having high lvl areas with dangerous areas would fix this imo. At least have some "camps" with hard to kill stuff either for xp or materials/gil, some nms doesn't even have to be HNM, how bout NMS That drop i190'gear so I don't have to bash my head on a desk during duty finder. Anything that gives an alternative to instances

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast